Everything You Do, CELEBRATE YOU! - Polynesian - Club Level - TPV

Yay another one! I'm super excited because now I'm going to Walt Disney World for my Honeymoon! Looking forward to reading!

Holy moly, lady... I miss the start of your new trip report by one day and I'm on PAGE THREE?! You're so popular!

I'm super excited to be here!!!

Due to a fabulous special offer, and our inability to exercise self-control, we spent our entire trip at…

Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort!!

Staying Club Level!!

In a theme park view room!!

:faint:

What a dream come true! Your view was STUNNING!

Also, I LOVE your first picture of you at the California Grill (bravo to Jamie for the Mickey confetti in the shape of a Mickey head? :thumbsup2 ). I can't wait to hear about your dinner there!

Jamie was already planning our next trip THE DAY we got home…
I’ve created a monster!!!

:thumbsup2 Nice work! You've done a good job!

Another cool thing about this hotel is that it’s actually built over the entrance to the park!

That's really cool! Thanks for the map - that helps!

We found ourselves INSIDE Skull Rock!
As in, the one from Peter Pan, where Captain Hook and Mr. Smee take Tiger Lily.

That is FREAKING AWESOME. :worship:

Your whole day at Disneyland looked fun! I don't know that I've ever seen pictures of Disneyland Paris!

I don’t know, they’re probably equals for me, because Wishes is such a classic I guess.
But if you know me at all, you know that even comparing anything to Wishes is a BIG deal!
Let alone possibly topping it.

Topping Wishes?! :eek: How on earth is that possible?!?!?!?! :confused:

I'm not able to view the videos at the moment (darn work travel!) but will be sure to view them once I'm home! I have very high expectations if it's supposed to top Wishes! :laughing:

Parcs Disney, we’re coming for you!

There's more than one park?

Does this seem familiar to any of you WDW fans…?!

Yes... but it wasn't clicking until you explained it.

This isn’t where we were staying, but Disney’s Newport Bay Club hotel was designed by Robert A. M. Stern; the same architect who designed Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club!

Ah. Now I got it.

which was developed by Wimberly, Allison, Tong & Goo

Personally... if my last name was "Goo"... I'd change it.

Just sayin'.

Well, Stephane saw a signature on one of the tags from 2009, and in his adorable French accent, he excitedly exclaimed,

“HEY!!! THAT’S ME!!!”

:laughing: What are the odds???

Soon enough, the valet took our car (how fancy)

Or...
Did you get it back at the end of the stay?
'Cause otherwise it's less "valet" and more "Grand theft auto".

Sadly my lobby photo turned out super blurry, so here’s one I took later on.

Beautiful!

She was amused that I already knew everything about (paper) fastpasses, extra magic hours, etc.

Ha! Probably don't get as many well-read Disneyphiles over there.

Another cool thing about this hotel is that it’s actually built over the entrance to the park!

Huh! Did not expect that!

Meeeeeeep!!

RUN!!!!

:lmao:

This was SO appropriate!
My last trip report was called “Oh It’s a Jolly Holiday with Katie” – and who do we spot a few steps into the park??
Mary Poppins and the penguins!!!!
Amazingness.
I took this as a sign that we were going to have another jolly holiday :thumbsup2

::yes:: I mean... it's a freaking sign!

Mary said hello to me with a huge smile, and then she turned straight to the camera…..
From that little “hello”, it appeared that Mary had been in France for too long… Because she had a bit of an accent…..
Which is probably why she doesn’t engage in conversations…..
I think she may have forgotten how to speak English….

Oh, no.
Mary knows that it's only polite to speak in the native tongue if one is capable.
And surely, if anyone would be capable, it is she.

One went in to hug me and almost pecked my eye out!!!

Well, geez girl. Just give him that sardine you were hiding in your pocket.

However, the castle is very different!
I guess this is the only unique Disney castle, right?
Since the American ones both have Asian counterparts.

Didn't know that.

But I do like that castle.
I like the spiral staircase and the flying buttress.

Something Disneyland Paris needs to improve is their quick service food options.
The food is actually quite nice, but I’m pretty sure you will find the same 5 items pretty much throughout the entire resort.

Really? That's disappointing.

I had a chicken Caesar wrap.

Looks good at least.

Dad and Hannah had the veggie flatbread, and James had croque monsieur.

Those look good too.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.
I would think that a French person wouldn't tolerated poor food.

I had to get a picture in front of the castle of course.
James also insisted on floating around in the background like a total odd bod.

:laughing: that's funny.
"Oh, there's Katie, looking all pretty and.... what the heck is James doing???"

I’m always amazed at how much taller it seems when you’re stood in front of it compared to in photos. It is ginormous.

Does it look bigger than the MK one?
It seems to from your photos.

Plus it’s built into a hill.
And built into that hill is a cave.
And living inside that cave is a REAL LIFE DRAGON.

Say what????

Can't wait until you explain this!

Sorry to all you American fans out there,
But Thunder Mountain is SO much better at Disneyland Paris!!
First of all, it’s on it’s own little island…
You board the train, and it takes you through an UNDERWATER TUNNEL to get to the mountain.

Okay... that's just too cool.

This video seriously cracks me up!

Me too! Your laughter is contagious!

22700244256_676060d137_b.jpg

Pretty!

We went to play on Adventure Isle.
Yes, four adults, all 18+, went to play on Adventure Isle.
And it was a blast!

Sure. Why not?
Since I have no idea that it's not meant for adults.

We found ourselves INSIDE Skull Rock!
As in, the one from Peter Pan, where Captain Hook and Mr. Smee take Tiger Lily.

Was there any animatronics or statues of any of them in there?

And who should we spot, through the eye of skull rock, all the way back on the main land……??

Very appropriate!

We headed back out into Adventureland and it was EMPTY.

Where the heck is everyone?

James and I had a craving to play Buzz (OF COURSE)

Oh dear. Your sickness is rubbing of on James!
Run, James! Run!

Paris doesn’t exactly have the ride, but it has a Mr. Toad themed quick service restaurant called Toad Hall!

I never went on it so I don't miss it.
We have a Toad Hall here in Winnipeg, but it's a Toy Store.

Yep, Tomorrowland is known as Discoveryland at Disneyland Paris!

Wonder why?

Although the attractions are fairly similar in nature, the general concept of Discoveryland is very different, and is based on the ideas of Jules Verne.

Well, okay. Now that makes total sense.
And so appropriate!
I really like that.

I thought I should get some practice in before I had to go up against Jamie at Disney World.
But don’t be fooled, because this version is completely different!!!
Probably the weirdest part is that the gun at Disneyland isn’t attached to the car, it’s handheld.

Huh. Interesting.
I think I read that the California one is handheld, too.

I did terrible! James beat me by loads!
Well, I was a little rusty. I’m sure I’ll do better next time :thumbsup2

:sad2: I'm shocked. You, Katie? You? You did that poorly?

The best part of this ride was definitely Dad and Hannah’s ride photo!
LOL!

:lmao:

Wait! Stop! Whoa! WHOA!!!!!

Disneyland Paris still has.... 20,000 Leagues under the Sea?!?!?!?!?!

Please tell me it's a ride and not just a prop.
Please, please, please, please!

I haven't been on that since I was a teen!

It’s actually similar to Rock n Roller Coaster, because it starts by counting down and shooting you off, it goes upside down a bunch of times, and music plays through speakers in the headrest!

We were just discussing that!
And they went ahead and did it!

Want!!!

After we disembarked we all felt really dizzy.

:laughing: So it's a good ride, huh?

Love that shot!

However, it was still nice and very spacious, and had some very cute elements, like the castle design on the headboard:

Nice!

And the Disney characters on the wallpaper near the ceiling.

I really like that.

The mirror has Snow White and the seven dwarfs built into the frame.

Impressive.

I started to unpack my things, but I lay down to check my phone and I fell asleep right away!

:laughing: Aw. Poor tuckered out Katie.

Sleep is for the weak!

Let’s go go go!

:goodvibes Atta girl!

This lounge is above the tunnels you walk through to get into the park, the ones I mentioned earlier.
It’s a really nice place to sit and relax!

Looks totally relaxing.

There are old photographs on the wall, I only recognised one of the photos of Walt’s parents, but I’m not sure who any of the other people are. I’m sure they’re all significant somehow though.

It'd be cool to get a mini tour of the photos.

James ordered a rum and coke, and as you can see, the rum filled half the glass! It must’ve been so strong.

Holy smokes! They want you drunk and spending I guess!

Something amusing we noticed in the lounge is the helium balloon graveyard they have.
Just look up….

:rotfl: Every one represents a crying child.

We walked back to the lobby and I took a picture of the wallpaper in the corridor.
Because it’s the greatest wallpaper ever.
I need this for my dream house!

:laughing:

Hello, welcome to my mansion.
I live here.

Of course you do.

Here’s an interesting version of the sign we all know and love…

Interesting.

(James saw the way the fairies glide rather than walk, and he said, “Are they on unicycles??!!” :laughing:)

:laughing: I hope you said yes.

Rare character sighting: Merlin!

Nice!

This float is SO weird!!!
Alice’s eyes move from side to side and it’s just plain creepy :rotfl:

Actually, I like it. It's true to the story.

Something that was really weird to me, was that when I called to make some dinner reservations, the CM told me that, because it’s such a quiet time at Disneyland Paris, the table service restaurants in the park were only open for lunch…..

I guess people come for the day and leave before dinner?

Oh well, we went to the Disney Village (a smaller Downtown Disney) and found ourselves at the Rainforest Café.

:sad2: So many restaurants to choose from and you pick Rainforest Café....

Also, it’s not even Halloween season at Disneyland Paris yet, but they already had all of the Christmas merchandise out!

This should be outlawed! Make it a crime with a fine or jail time!

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Thunder Mountain is so much better in the dark!

I know! I know!

:sad2:

Some day...

It was designed by the same guy who did World of Color, and it involves fireworks, castle projections, water fountains, fire, lasers and mist screens.

Huh! But it can't really be better than Wishes, can it?

HNNNNG.
I cannot cope with how much I love this show.
It absolutely blew my mind!

Okay. Watched the videos...

HOLY CRAP!!!!! THAT'S FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!

Seriously.
Book a trip to Paris JUST to see this.

OMG! No kidding!

As I said before, it’s not even Halloween season here yet, and THIS is all set up in the stores.

Someone really needs to go to jail for that.

Seriously.

Loving the report so far. I visited the Paris Parks just about a year ago with my Mom. It is fun to see it all again through your pics. Love the parade video you put together. I'm subbed and looking forward to the rest of your adventure!

Congrats on completing your Masters and Happy 24th Birthday!

emma-stone-excited.gif.cf.gif

You started your new TR! I'm so excited!! :jumping1:

I'M HERE!!!!!!

tumblr_mbaxvonhTl1qm8776o1_400.gif

Oh man I'm sooooo excited, just read your last post of your Jolly Holiday and now we start a new one, how perfect is that!!!!!!!!

Hey thanks for reading the last one! And I'm glad you're here! :hug:

I'm here. I can't wait to hear about the most amazing 3 weeks ever! 4 nights at Disneyland Paris and then 2 weeks at the Polynesian club level and theme park view. Talk about knowing how to celebrate! We all know that every disney fan must spend big milestones at some disney destination and you definitely got it right. Can't wait to read all about it!

Thank you! Yeah they were two perfect trips, I'm lucky I have people around me who I can drag around Disney :rotfl: Glad to have you here!

giphy.gif

Following!

Hahaha this gif :rotfl: yay thanks!

Oh goodie goodie goodie goodie!!!!

:rotfl: I'm happy you're here!

I'm super excited that you're starting another TR!!!!! I can't wait to read all about your adventure! Disneyland Paris AND the Poly, sounds AH-MAZ-ING!!!

Thank you! And I'm excited to write about it :goodvibes:goodvibes glad you're here!

Patiently waiting!
disney-graphics-mickey-and-minnie-mouse-456827.gif

:laughing: I'll update as frequently as possible :goodvibes:goodvibes

Last edited:

I'm in! I'll be back to comment in a bit, (I have to finish commenting on your last TR first!) but...

I believe you're up to date on my TR so you know why this photo struck me so much.

Looking forward to reading all about your new adventure! :goodvibes

When I saw your pictures of Kay I thought "I'm sure I got a very similar photo this year..." :goodvibes glad you're here!

I just finished your other trip report and really enjoyed it. I'm glad you have started another one. I will probably never make it to France, so I'll enjoy it vicariously through your trip report. Also, congratulations on your Master's and may I say you have an awesome birthday! Mine is also October 16, however, I have quite a few more years than you! :cake:

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it! And I'm also glad you'll enjoy the DLP stuff, I know that doesn't really interest everyone (so I'm going to try to get through it quickly). I'm happy to hear some are going to find it interesting :goodvibes Thank you for the congratulations, and the birthday wishes! That's awesome that we're birthday buddies :goodvibes:cake: Hope you had a great day too!

Oh my goodness...I'm so excited for this TR!!

:dancer:

I've been waiting since your Jolly Holiday one, which I loved! Can't wait to hear all about your TWO trips!!

Yay I'm so glad! Thanks for being here! :goodvibes

Bonjour!!!!! :wave2:

Oh my I'm soooo excited to read along! Now I'm going to want to visit Disneyland Paris sometime in my lifetime. Your fireworks videos are great. I can't wait to show the kids. The Christmas merchandise looks so festive. My DH spent some of his childhood, first grade through eight grade in Paris and Liverpool and he said that Halloween wasn't really celebrated. Maybe that's why you couldn't find any Halloween merchandise. I can't wait to read more.

Haha that's me too, I read about Disneyland in California and I immediately want to book a trip there :laughing: I've never been but I'd love to.
Anyway, I'm glad you're looking forward to the report! The fireworks are so amazing, and obviously much better in person than my awful camera work :laughing: they were definitely a highlight of the trip :goodvibes
That's cool that your hubby grew up in Paris and Liverpool, does he have a Liverpool accent?! Because it's a great one!
And about Halloween, that's true for the UK I guess, in general we don't get very excited about it (although I wish we did!) so it might be the same for France too. Although I know that they do some Halloween stuff at DLP during October, so maybe some merch was arriving then :thumbsup2

Anyway, I'm glad you're here for the report! :flower3:

That's cool that your hubby grew up in Paris and Liverpool, does he have a Liverpool accent?! Because it's a great one!
He spent a little over a year in Paris and the rest of the time in Liverpool. I've seen home movies and he definitely had an accent. It was almost difficult for me to understand it even though he was speaking English. When I met him he was a junior in high school (I was a sophomore) and he spoke a regular American accent. He can turn on his British accent if you ask him to. It always makes me wonder if it could have been a choice.

I'm really enjoying reading about (and seeing!) DLP ...it's so interesting to see how different it is from WDW! And I love that castle! We're going to DLR in May for the first time and I'm so excited to see all the differences there too! Although we're going during Star Wars construction so there will be closures (which is so laaaaame) but we can't change our dates. Anywho...I'm glad you're including some DLP in this TR!

California Grill!!!!!!!!! What a pretty picture! Looking forward to reading about your experience as this was one of my fave meals!

(This is what happens when you ask us to kiss for a photo..)

AWKWARD
giphy.gif

Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort!!

Staying Club Level!!

In a theme park view room!!

Sooooo NOT jealous.... I swear... NOT jealous.... not one little bit

tumblr_inline_np5te856EQ1rts5jc_500.gif

PLUS, we were visiting during Epcot’s 20th Food and Wine Festival, and we also attended Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party!

22736571731_f586d29eaf_b.jpg

Cute outfits!!

AND you did 1900 Park Fare.... WHOOOOP! We're going back so also looking forward to this recap...

This video seriously cracks me up!

Your video is really funny, I love silly moments on the rides!

And who should we spot, through the eye of skull rock, all the way back on the main land……??

I've heard the characters aren't as popular in Paris and don't get as bit a wait time... how did you find it?

The best part of this ride was definitely Dad and Hannah’s ride photo!
LOL!

Your Dad!!!! OMG!!!! SOOOO FUNNY!

And the Disney characters on the wallpaper near the ceiling.
From left to right there’s Jaq and Gus, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Lady and the Tramp, Mowgli and Baloo, and two of the scat cats from The Aristocats.
Not to mention, the bathroom is beeeaaaauuuutiful!
It was my favourite thing about this room.

The mirror has Snow White and the seven dwarfs built into the frame.
The room is beautiful! I'd love to stay there one day but it's so expensive.... Everytime I've priced it I just think I could put that money towards another Orlando trip lol

Tonight the fireworks were starting at 9pm, so we went to get dinner at 6:15pm after the parade.
Something that was really weird to me, was that when I called to make some dinner reservations, the CM told me that, because it’s such a quiet time at Disneyland Paris, the table service restaurants in the park were only open for lunch…..

:confused3

WEIRD?!
If it has to be either lunch or dinner, surely it should be dinner?!

Don't get this... Very strange! The only time I've ever been to Disneyland it was Christmas week and even then we got a walk in for lunch.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Thunder Mountain is so much better in the dark!

tumblr_m59mwmjPF61r3zat8.gif

After the ride we went over to the hub to get a spot for the fireworks.
22726032985_71d1ef9f06_b.jpg

Seriously.
Book a trip to Paris JUST to see this.
Or, you know, just YouTube it.
You will not be disappointed!!!!
It’ll be one of the best things you see today.

From what I've seen the fireworks look amazing... you've totally sold me on them but I'm going to stop myself watching your videos so I can see it in person for the first time!

As I said before, it’s not even Halloween season here yet, and THIS is all set up in the stores.
22712569252_52068f715f_b.jpg

But I’m not complaining, they had some really great merchandise.

YAH! Never too early for Christmas!! DISNEY + CHRISTMAS = ALL KINDS OF MAGICAL

Last edited:
I've just found this report and I'm so excited!! I can't wait to plan a trip to Paris to visit Disney, and all the amazing historical stuff, too, I swear! :) My husband and I are currently saving for more DVC points, but it's so tempting to just take that fund and plan a EuroDisney trip. We just took a spur of the moment trip to Disneyland in Anaheim last weekend and I have to back up Alesha on her comments: Mr. Toad is alive and well there, Sleeping Beauty castle seems kind of small once you've seen Cinderella castle in the MK, and I'm not sure I would say Thunder Mtn is better than WDW or not.

Also, you are too funny! I love your writing style and the amazing photos you take of Jamie (Beaker face imitations, among others). I'm excited to read more!

Alright, so I read your ENTIRE first trip report yesterday, and now I'm here, and and I just need you to know that I think we're kindered souls. I mean seriously. Disney Park playlists, the love of Full House, the obsession with Splash Mountain, you and Jamie's competitiveness on all shooting rides(my boyfriend and I are the same way, but he always beats me :mad:) your general over-the-top excitement at every part of Walt Disney World (the shows on the Magical Express and the goodbye at the end always get me, too!), and so many more things!

I have to tell you I'm SO sad for you that you didn't get any butterbeer ice cream from Florean's at Diagon Alley, and I hope you ended up with some on this last trip! SO GOOD.

And those adorable pajama shorts from Canada are killing me, and I'm praying they're still there in 40 days when I arrive!

Anyways, we should be friends.

And I'm so pumped for the rest of this trip report! :love:

Hey Pondzy :wave: you left two separate messages so I'll reply to them both here :goodvibes

There are some things in life that simply take precedent.

I'm glad you noticed this :thumbsup2

Stop. Question.
Do they still have the hovercrafts that go across?
We took one when we visited when I was a kid.

I remember those too! I pretty certain we've taken one too. Although I don't think they run anymore :sad2: at least not the route we take (Dover to Calais)

Sleep? It's only an hour! You slept???

I was BURNT. OUT! I'm not even one of those people who can fall asleep anywhere, but I was soooo tired.

Have you seen the latest picture of it?
A woman is wearing it and standing by a window.
About 2/3 of the dress is in direct sunlight, the rest indirect light.
And it's like she's wearing two differently coloured dresses.

No I haven't seen it!?

There's more than one park?

Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios, as well as a Disney Village (a smaller Downtown Disney) :thumbsup2

Oh, no.
Mary knows that it's only polite to speak in the native tongue if one is capable.
And surely, if anyone would be capable, it is she.

Haha yes this must be it! She really is practically perfect!

Those look good too.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.
I would think that a French person wouldn't tolerated poor food.

The food was good to be fair, there just weren't many options at all :confused3

Does it look bigger than the MK one?
It seems to from your photos.

Cinderella Castle is actually taller (189ft vs 160ft), but after looking at photos of DLP's castle I'm always blown away by how tall the castle seems! I don't think it seems as tall in photos :confused3

Say what????

Can't wait until you explain this!

YES. A REAL LIFE DRAGON. Maleficent in Dragon form to be precise :thumbsup2

Me too! Your laughter is contagious!

I'm glad!

Was there any animatronics or statues of any of them in there?

I'm not sure, not that we saw anyway. There's treasure hidden in little nooks though!

hQ0dDcd.jpg

Where the heck is everyone?

September :thumbsup2

:sad2: I'm shocked. You, Katie? You? You did that poorly?

I'M SO ASHAMED.

Wait! Stop! Whoa! WHOA!!!!!

Disneyland Paris still has.... 20,000 Leagues under the Sea?!?!?!?!?!

Please tell me it's a ride and not just a prop.
Please, please, please, please!

I haven't been on that since I was a teen!

Unfortunately it's not a ride, but it's still a walkthrough attraction. We didn't go in because we all have bad memories of it smelling bad down there :rotfl: but according to the DLP website:

Les Mystères du Nautilus: A Guided Tour 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Dive into the imagination of Jules Verne and board Captain Nemo's historic submarine. As you wander the corridors you'll discover some seafaring secrets. But don't let the calm waters of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea fool you, as danger lurks beneath the murky surface.

:rotfl: Every one represents a crying child.

:rotfl2:

Huh! But it can't really be better than Wishes, can it?

It's quite possible that it can!!!!

Okay. Watched the videos...

HOLY CRAP!!!!! THAT'S FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!

RIGHT! Thanks for watching them! I really want to spread the amazingness that is Disney Dreams :goodvibes

I'm so excited to read your new trip report and LOVE seeing all of the DLP pics! I would love to go there someday and that Disney Dreams show looks amazing! Can't wait to read more!

Glad you're here!! And I'm also glad you're enjoying the DLP pics, I wasn't sure whether to include that trip in my TR, so it's nice that people like them :goodvibes

Disneyland Paris looks great. I'm with you about the castle, perfect mix of whimsical and beautiful. One thing that surprised me was the amount of English in your videos. Is there not a language issue at DLP?

It's a beautiful castle for sure :goodvibes yeah there is a lot of English around DLP, they tend to mix it up, so Buzz will do his spiel in English, then in French afterwards :goodvibes

I love DLP! I much prefer it to Alton Towers, can't say about Thorpe Park as I haven't been but give me DLP any day! I went back in 2013 when it was the 20th Anniversary, it was beautiful then. I can only imagine what it is like now. Last time, Thunder Mountain was under refurb and POTC kept breaking down! Me and Luke hated SM:M2 because it broke just as we were about to get on, needless to say we were so scared the whole way through! I've always wanted to stay at Disneyland Hotel, I think it is one of those hotels that you have to stay at in your lifetime as you have to walk under it and can't avoid it at all!

I can't wait to read more and then onto WDW!:earboy2:

I agree, DLP any day! I heard that Alton Towers is always empty now since that terrible Smiler accident, everyone seems to be avoiding it! I don't blame them really :sad2: And I was there in 2013 also! I was there in December :goodvibes OMG that makes me so nervous when rides break down... We actually had the same thing on Space Mountain at DLP.. We got in and the harnesses came down then nothing... then they made us get out, wait a couple of minutes, then loaded us again and sent us off! It was so scary :scared:
And thanks for reading, I'm glad you're here!

So nice to get a trip report with DLP in it! I went once 16 years ago for a day.... I really would love to go back I would love to go back to Paris and all of Europe... In a few years for sure!

I'm so glad you're enjoying the DLP part! I wasn't sure whether to include it or not, so I'm glad people like it :goodvibes Europe is such a great trip to make, there's so much to see and do! You should do it someday, and definitely incorporate DLP :thumbsup2

View attachment 132994

So Excited for your new TR!!! DLP sounds delightful. I love the picture of Wall-E and EVE, you don't see any Wall-E in WDW. Was there any merchandise of them at DLP?

I love those statues too!! I didn't spot much merchandise of them at DLP, although I saw these adorable mugs at WDW!

a1a24c2345ea43c5a4dc293c32b03422.jpg

And these:

2015-07-06214852.jpg

I came close to buying those first two, but I have way too many mugs as it is!

YAAYY!!! I've been waiting for your new TR to start!
That little square in Arras does kinda remind me of St. Marks Square in Italy. It looks beautiful there.

Idk if I'll ever get that chance to go to DLP or any of the Disney parks in Asia, but they're definitely on my wish list. You guys seem to get some decent deals to come over to WDW, I wonder if Americans get any special deals to visit any of the parks in Europe/Asia? :confused3 Something I'll have to research!!

I love Sleeping Beauty's castle. Idk if its the colors or what, but it seems more detailed to me. And I love pink!

Disney dreams seems amazing, I can only imagine how much better it is in person!

Welp, I'm here to stay. Can't wait to read about the rest of your DLP trip and once you get to WDW!

Oh yeah the buildings around the square do seem similar to St Mark's square! Have you been to Venice?! We would go to Italy every summer as I was growing up, Venice was definitely my favourite city :goodvibes

You're right Disney Dreams is sooooo much better in person!!! I really wish every single Disney fan could see it in person, it's spectacular!

Yay thanks! I'm glad you're here :goodvibes:goodvibes

YAY! I love your last TR so much! You guys are adorbs. Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

excited.gif

Thanks!! I'm glad you're here!

:cool1:Following along!

Thank you! :goodvibes

party:Yea!!! OhMyGosh I'm so excited for this TR! I absolutely love seeing your DLP pictures and hearing about that part of your trip, it looks amazing. I've been super close to DLP twice and have still never been :sad2: there is something seriously wrong with me. The Disneyland Hotel there looks incredible! :worship:

I'm going to be the super creepy stalker on your TR now, just so you know. :bitelip: You've only just begun and I adore it already!

Yay :goodvibes:goodvibes I'm glad you're enjoying it so far! Aw that's a shame you missed DLP when you were so close! I hope you get to see it some time :goodvibes The Disneyland Hotel IS incredible!! When my friends and I went in 2013 we stayed in a cheaper hotel, but we still took some time to roam around the DLH, and pretend we were staying there :thumbsup2
Haha don't worry I love super creepy stalkers :laughing: thank you, I'm glad you're here :goodvibes

YAY! Loved your last TR and so excited to hear about your visit this time. We are visiting a hair later than you, over Columbus Day (shhhh, kids won't know until we wake them up to go!), hitting F&W and MNSSHP and I've just put in to rent DVC points for a Poly stay.

Thank you! That's awesome that you're surprising your kids!!! I love those videos on YouTube where the kids FREAK OUT :laughing: I hope you get your Poly stay, it's such a great resort, and SO convenient to get places, since you can easily walk to the TTC for Epcot :goodvibes we loved it!

I've spent the last 36 or so hours reading your first trip report & starting this one. I'm subscribed now, & can not WAIT to follow along!

Woo that's some commitment!!! Thanks for reading, and I'm glad you're here! :goodvibes

Oh my goodness! I am super excited to hear about DLP and your WDW adventure!

Hey Dawn! That's good because I'm super excited to write about it :goodvibes

"One of us, one of us!" HAHA!

:rotfl:not complaining!!! .....Until he starts trying to take over the ADR/FP planning..... :sad2:

I've died and gone to Neverland! SKULL ROCK!! Amazing! Little details at DLP look super neat!

I just added a photo I forgot to upload of the exterior or Skull Rock, it's awesome!

22842948622_b7902f5b51_c.jpg

Super Excited for this TR! :jumping1::jumping2:

Yay I'm glad you're here :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Sounds fantastic!! I loved the location of the DLP hotel...I would have loved to stay there when we went but...so $$$$ for us Canadians!!!

Hey Kathy! :wave2: Yeah the DLP pricing is really erratic, you have to catch a deal just at the right time! For example, our package (hotel, park tickets, breakfast each day) was £1,600 for 5 days/4 nights, averaging just £400 per person! Which is really good for that hotel. But when I looked again a few weeks later that deal had disappeared, and the price was THROUGH THE ROOF. So if you think about going back, keep an eye out for a special offer! :goodvibes

I would definitely fall in that category...definitely used to be one of my faves.

Aww, they still have the ride in Anaheim right? I road Mr Toad but I was too young to remember it now, I'd love to ride it again.

The whole place looked so empty...are your pictures misleading or was it really not crowded??? I was at DLP in July so crazy crowds...yours didn't look bad at all!!

No it really was that quiet! Although everyone seemed to be in line for Tower of Terror and the Ratatouille ride, they always had a long wait!

Loving your DLP report, I literally live about 20 minutes from the Eurostar Ashford station yet have never been to DLP :faint:

Oh wow! I can't believe you haven't been yet when you live so close to the station!!!! You could just hop on and spend a long weekend at DLP! Wow I would always be so tempted to do that :laughing: Glad you're here on the new TR!

Hey Katie!!!!!:goodvibes I am so excited to be here for your new TR!:hyper:

Yaaay I'm glad you're here!

SO I had quoted some of the parts of your TR, but the DIS isn't really liking me right now so I can't insert my quotes!:scratchin

Oh I've been there girl.. kinda annoying :confused3

DLP looks amazing. I dream about going there one day. The resort you stayed at was beautiful as well. And the room:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc my gosh I quoted so many pics from the room.

I hope you get to go there some day! You really only need a few days there, so you could incorporate a little Europe / France trip into it too, there's so much to see and do :goodvibes

The parade looks fun - I love all the characters that were in it!

I love the first float with the Fairy Godmother, the Blue Fairy and Merlin on it! I've never seen the Blue Fairy at Disney World before?!

And the fireworks. I watched all of the videos. It really is breathtaking. My gosh. Just watching those videos right there makes me want to go to DLP even more!

I'm so glad you watched the videos!!! I want to spread the Disney Dreams love! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

I look forward to keep reading more of your TR! :goodvibes

Thanks for reading :goodvibes

I'm here and oh my goodness, you wasted no time in getting updates in!

Yay I'm happy you're here! I know, I need to not take a year to finish this one :laughing:

I'm glad you appreciated that Full House reference :goodvibes

I can definitely see some similarities with the GF. So pretty!

The lobby for sure! And the exterior is basically the GF but pink and pink instead of red and white :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

I love it! Over at Disneyland (Anaheim), the other park is somewhat similar, having a direct entrance into DCA from the Grand Californian Hotel. So essentially there are two entrances into the park which is pretty cool

That is cool, I didn't know that! Ughhh I need to get out there asap :sad2: hopefully in the next few years!

Uhh, so empty?!

I know! :cloud9:

After seeing MK's castle and DLP's castle, you'd be like, "Oooh...that's....cute." It's so little and petite but has lots of character! :cutie:

And it's the original castle! I can't wait to see it one day :lovestruc is there anything inside it?

Okay, this is my last annoying plug for DLR. We got it and I love it! So please come one day!:goodvibes

I have ridden it but I was too young to remember. But I love Mr. Toad, he's so cute! I can't believe DLR still has it. That's it, I'm packing my suitcase now.

I LOVE THIS! I think this movie is absolutely darling and I love that they incorporated them here since they're no where else...at least not that I can think of?:scratchin

Yeah you never see Wall E at WDW!!?! They should have him in like Living with the Land or something?!

And it's in English?! :banana: I'd be LOST if all they spoke was French.

Yeah the parade soundtrack is in English! The fireworks are split between English and French, and the animatronics in the rides and stuff tend to speak french and then repeat in English, so everything's easy to understand :goodvibes

What the heck?! Is it that dead that they don't have enough guests to fill the restaurants?! That is really hard to believe. So September is low season, do you know of other months like this?

I know! Surely more people want a big dinner rather than a big lunch?! I'm sure the popular restaurants would still fill up so I'm not sure what they're thinking.

Wow! Okay that finale is pretty darn spectacular! :bitelip:

Isn't it!!! I'm glad you watched it, everyone should experience Disney Dreams! And it's even better in person :thumbsup2

Hi Katie!

You are so super cute. I lurked through your entire 'Jolly Holidays' trip report and enjoyed every second. Looking forward to reading about your most recent escapades. Great start so far.

Funny story: I don't post very often but I lurk A LOT. So just earlier I decided to comment on two people's posts in the GF thread (hubby and I are staying RPC in March), and I was reminded of how you are always multiple quoting people, and I having NEVER done it before was nervous, but I figured you seem to be such a pro at it that I should give it a try. And lo! I quoted two people! I guess I should be contributing the unexpectedly super easy quote button in the updated DIS for my feat, but in a weird way it was always seeing you do it that even made me attempt it! So, thanks. :)

Now to figure out how to 'subscribe' to your thread. I've been lurking for YEARS - you'd think I'd be more familiar with all the abilities of this forum. ;)

- Carey

Hi Carey! I'm glad you enjoyed my last TR, and that you finally came to say hello :goodvibes And that's great that I inadvertently taught you to multi-quote!! :laughing:
And also, Royal Palm Club in March! I'm so excited for you! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: That sounds so amazing. I hope you have an amazing time :goodvibes

YAY :wave:

Such a cute picture!

Thanks! We cringe a little when the photographers tell us to kiss, but they captured this pre-kiss picture and I think it's really nice :goodvibes

:cheer2::cheer2:party:party::dancer::cool1: Congrats!!

Thanks! Right back at you!!! :teacher:

The best way to combat Disney Depression is to start planning a new trip :goodvibes

I firmly believe in this :thumbsup2

I wish tea was more of a thing here. I pretty much can't live without it.

3o85xvgnZafHvlQO8U.gif

You're secretly british.. :thumbsup2 This is me whenever I'm at a friend or family member's house..

22834611736_71c03f2b74_o.gif

International parks seem to have way better characters, they need more in Florida.

There are some fun characters out and about. We met the mice from Cinderella too! Which will be in the next update :goodvibes

Peter Pan is my absolute favorite, this sounds so magical and perfect and I don't understand French but it would still be so great!

I love Peter Pan too! Thankfully the show is split between English and French, so it's easy enough to follow :goodvibes There's a Hunchback song (my fave) that's sang in french during the show and I still really enjoy it :goodvibes

Yay another one! I'm super excited because now I'm going to Walt Disney World for my Honeymoon! Looking forward to reading!

Have an amazing honeymoon!! Glad you're here :goodvibes

So tell us, what are your current Disney song favs?

Well we've already established Tapestry of Nations :thumbsup2 But right now I'm obsessed with the Fall edition of the Main Street Trolley Show!

I can listen to this over and over :goodvibes
I also love to listen to the old Celebrate a Dream Come True parade soudtrack:

And I could probably perform a one-woman play of Finding Nemo the Musical :rotfl: Jamie probably could too, the other day he said that we should both audition to be turtles for the Go With the Flow scene :rotfl2: We seem to know the whole thing so well.

There are loads of other more obscure things like the innoventions loop and the song they play on the radio on Kilimanjaro Safari :goodvibes

This is no where near all of my favourites, I love so many!

What are your favourites? :goodvibes

I'm super excited to be here!!!

JENNY! I'm super excited to have you here :goodvibes

What a dream come true! Your view was STUNNING!

UGH it was so perfect. We got our third floor balcony too :thumbsup2 (I was worried because the second floor rooms don't have balconies for some reason? :confused3) But yes the whole room was incredible !

Also, I LOVE your first picture of you at the California Grill

Thank you!!! A photo that would never have happened if your last TR hadn't made me book an ADR there!!!! :laughing: :goodvibes

(bravo to Jamie for the Mickey confetti in the shape of a Mickey head? :thumbsup2 ).

HE WAS SO HAPPY YOU NOTICED IT :rotfl2: our waitress said he was "adorable" for it, and she became his favourite server of the trip :rotfl:

Your whole day at Disneyland looked fun! I don't know that I've ever seen pictures of Disneyland Paris!

It was awesome! Yeah I guess it's a pretty obscure park, come to think of it I've never really seen any pictures of the Tokyo and Hong Kong parks, I wonder if anyone on the Dis has done a TR on them.. :scratchin But I shouldn't read them anyway, because it will just make me want to go there like right now :laughing:

Topping Wishes?! :eek: How on earth is that possible?!?!?!?! :confused:

I know!!!!! Who'd have thought those words would ever come out of my mouth?!

I'm not able to view the videos at the moment (darn work travel!) but will be sure to view them once I'm home! I have very high expectations if it's supposed to top Wishes! :laughing:

Ahh I hope you get a chance to view them, it's such an incredible show! :lovestruc

Loving the report so far. I visited the Paris Parks just about a year ago with my Mom. It is fun to see it all again through your pics. Love the parade video you put together. I'm subbed and looking forward to the rest of your adventure!

Congrats on completing your Masters and Happy 24th Birthday!

Thank you! :goodvibes that's nice that you and your mom went to Paris last year, I hope you enjoyed it!
And thank you for the congrats and the birthday wishes!!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Ejoyed your last report a lot, and going back to WDW in December... so will follow along. =)

December is soon! I bet you're excited now :hyper: thanks for reading, and I'm glad you're here! :goodvibes

He spent a little over a year in Paris and the rest of the time in Liverpool. I've seen home movies and he definitely had an accent. It was almost difficult for me to understand it even though he was speaking English. When I met him he was a junior in high school (I was a sophomore) and he spoke a regular American accent. He can turn on his British accent if you ask him to. It always makes me wonder if it could have been a choice.

I often struggle to understand people from Liverpool :laughing: they have a VERY distinct accent! I'm glad that you're understanding more of what your husband is saying now :rotfl:

I'm really enjoying reading about (and seeing!) DLP ...it's so interesting to see how different it is from WDW! And I love that castle! We're going to DLR in May for the first time and I'm so excited to see all the differences there too! Although we're going during Star Wars construction so there will be closures (which is so laaaaame) but we can't change our dates. Anywho...I'm glad you're including some DLP in this TR!

Hey! I'm glad you're enjoying it! :goodvibes I hope you have a great time in DLR, I'm sure it will be great even with the Star Wars construction :goodvibes do you know what areas they're getting rid of? DLR is very high up on my bucket list! (as is the Osborne Lights.... WAAHH :sad:) At least I WILL get to see DLR some day!

California Grill!!!!!!!!! What a pretty picture! Looking forward to reading about your experience as this was one of my fave meals!

We LOVE California Grill too, it was such an amazing meal. We went during the sunset, OMG it was so beautiful! I remember from your TR I really wanted a Contemporary Resort cocktail stirrer but I totally forgot on the night and ordered rosé wine! So that gives me an excuse to go back :thumbsup2

Cute outfits!!

Thank you!! We were supposed to get Jamie a Woody outfit but we were both so busy before the trip we just never got around to it. So we found this Haunted Mansion top in Memento Mori! Which was a nice souvenir too I guess (It's in MY wardrobe, shhhh) :thumbsup2

AND you did 1900 Park Fare.... WHOOOOP! We're going back so also looking forward to this recap...

1900 Park Fare was so much fun!!! We went for dinner with the characters from Cinderella, and Drizella was SO funny. I told her to notice that Jamie didn't have a wedding ring, so TECHNICALLY he's legally single.. OMG she LOVED it, she was so clingy with him, and kept coming back to our table to tell him about what she'd just planned for the wedding, and she even sang him a song that she wanted to perform on the big day :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

Your video is really funny, I love silly moments on the rides!

Thanks! It makes me laugh too! Why was I laughing so much and making so many weird noises?! :laughing:

I've heard the characters aren't as popular in Paris and don't get as bit a wait time... how did you find it?

You're right they're not as popular, but the general "wait your turn" rule doesn't seem to apple to many people............ :sad2: There are rarely even any character attendants around, so a lot of parents just kinda shove their kids towards the characters to get photos..... WEIRD. So yeah, the amount of people waiting for characters is generally smaller than at WDW, but you're lucky if you find an orderly queue! :laughing:

The room is beautiful! I'd love to stay there one day but it's so expensive.... Everytime I've priced it I just think I could put that money towards another Orlando trip lol

It is usually very expensive, but we booked really early (maybe November 2014) and found a great deal :goodvibes That's the "top" hotel, and we paid £1,600 for hotel, tickets, and daily breakfast, for four people, for 5 days / 4 nights.. I think that's pretty good for that hotel, it averages out at £100 per person per night. But I checked back a few weeks later and the deal had gone and the prices were CRAZY. I mean, I guess it was a good deal for the Disneyland Hotel, but even at £1,600 for 4 nights, you could have 4 people stay at a value resort at WDW for a week with that. :confused3 I'm a WDW fanatic but I think DLP is definitely worth doing now and again :goodvibes

From what I've seen the fireworks look amazing... you've totally sold me on them but I'm going to stop myself watching your videos so I can see it in person for the first time!

Ahh fair enough, I hope you get to see them some day! They are INCREDIBLE in person!!!

I've just found this report and I'm so excited!! I can't wait to plan a trip to Paris to visit Disney, and all the amazing historical stuff, too, I swear! :) My husband and I are currently saving for more DVC points, but it's so tempting to just take that fund and plan a EuroDisney trip. We just took a spur of the moment trip to Disneyland in Anaheim last weekend and I have to back up Alesha on her comments: Mr. Toad is alive and well there, Sleeping Beauty castle seems kind of small once you've seen Cinderella castle in the MK, and I'm not sure I would say Thunder Mtn is better than WDW or not.

Also, you are too funny! I love your writing style and the amazing photos you take of Jamie (Beaker face imitations, among others). I'm excited to read more!

I hope you get to visit DLP someday soon! The Disneyland Park is amazing, the Walt Disney Studios park is a little jumbled.. the theming isn't great but they have some great attractions like Tower of Terror, Rock n Roller Coaster, Crush Coaster (from Finding Nemo) and an AMAZING new Ratatouille ride! Although DVC is a life goal for me, so I won't dissuade you from that :thumbsup2 Where is your DVC at?! I hope you had a great time at Disneyland, I can't wait to get out there some day!

And thanks so much!!!! I'm so glad you've been enjoying it :goodvibes:goodvibes

Alright, so I read your ENTIRE first trip report yesterday, and now I'm here, and and I just need you to know that I think we're kindered souls. I mean seriously. Disney Park playlists, the love of Full House, the obsession with Splash Mountain, you and Jamie's competitiveness on all shooting rides(my boyfriend and I are the same way, but he always beats me :mad:) your general over-the-top excitement at every part of Walt Disney World (the shows on the Magical Express and the goodbye at the end always get me, too!), and so many more things!

I have to tell you I'm SO sad for you that you didn't get any butterbeer ice cream from Florean's at Diagon Alley, and I hope you ended up with some on this last trip! SO GOOD.

And those adorable pajama shorts from Canada are killing me, and I'm praying they're still there in 40 days when I arrive!

Anyways, we should be friends.

And I'm so pumped for the rest of this trip report! :love:

Hey girl! I think, from your username, that I just followed you back on Twitter/Instagram?! :goodvibes That's so funny that we're so similar :laughing: as for the shooting rides, have you tried Men In Black: Alien Attack at Universal Studios..?! That's our new favourite!!!!! I think we rode 8 times in a row on this trip :rotfl: we are ridiculous. But I'm glad we're not alone in our ridiculousness :thumbsup2

Ahhh Butterbeer ice cream!? We didn't get one this year either - even though we had like 3 ice creams between us from Florean's !!?! Well from this recommendation, it's definitely on the list for our next trip :goodvibes

OMG 40 days that's so soon!!! You must be so excited :hyper: They had the shorts when we were there a few weeks ago so I'm sure they'll still be there :goodvibes

And of course, friend! :hug:

Hello Katie! By the way, my daughter's name is Katie, so I smiled a little when I wrote your name. She's 8, so based on your last trip report, I expect you have similar personalities :laughing: (kidding, of course. I love your passion for all things Disney!)

I'm looking forward to this trip report. I'm especially excited to see your Disneyland Paris report. I was there for one day about 15 years ago and I'm sad to say I don't remember that much about it. I know I enjoyed it, but I guess my inner Disney side hadn't quite come out then, so it didn't imprint in my memory. But there's been a lot of changes since then. I'd love to go back.

Hey Pondzy :wave:

Hi Katie! :wave:

remember those too! I pretty certain we've taken one too. Although I don't think they run anymore :sad2:

Too bad. They were the coolest mode of transportation I've ever done.
I mean, really... a hovercraft!

I was BURNT. OUT! I'm not even one of those people who can fall asleep anywhere, but I was soooo tired.

Doesn't really count unless you wake up and there's a little puddle of drool.

No I haven't seen it!?

Well, allow me:

white%20dress%20blue%20dress_zps5fadkd0z.jpg

Cinderella Castle is actually taller (189ft vs 160ft), but after looking at photos of DLP's castle I'm always blown away by how tall the castle seems! I don't think it seems as tall in photos :confused3

Measured from where, I wonder. From the base of the castle... or from the base of the hill?

YES. A REAL LIFE DRAGON. Maleficent in Dragon form to be precise :thumbsup2

I cannot wait to see this!

I'm not sure, not that we saw anyway. There's treasure hidden in little nooks though!

Awesome.
So... you're rich now, yes?
(You didn't just leave it there, right? Right?)

Unfortunately it's not a ride, but it's still a walkthrough attraction. We didn't go in because we all have bad memories of it smelling bad down there :rotfl: but according to the DLP website:

Les Mystères du Nautilus: A Guided Tour 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Dive into the imagination of Jules Verne and board Captain Nemo's historic submarine. As you wander the corridors you'll discover some seafaring secrets. But don't let the calm waters of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea fool you, as danger lurks beneath the murky surface.

Well that's amping up the suckage factor.
It's a ride! Make it a darned ride!

It was so cool to go into your "submarine" and dive down to Atlantis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter