Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest

She gave me disgusted look and said, 'of course he's not going to do that. He's going to eat in the castle with you guys. The Beast would never be such an unaccommodating host you know".:rotfl::rotfl:

OMG - :rotfl2:

I just called this morning and got an early dinner for us. DD14 LOVED Beauty and the Beast when she was younger, so this will be a fun experience.

I'm sorry if this was already asked. This thread is long!

We have reservations for dinner next week. I clicked on the link on the first post in this thread for the menus and saw under the children's dinner menu it said "9 and under." My ds is 12 and would eat the steak. I had no intention of spending $30 for a steak for him on the adult menu and was planning on him just ordering off the kids' menu. We're not on the dining plan so would they not allow him to order that?

Also, how is BOG on sharing meals? Is there an "extra plate" charge that you know of?

TIA!

I'm curious about this as well, especially "disney adults" ordering off kids menu. I'm in the same situation with my dd10.

DBF and I have been very unsuccessful in getting an ADR for BOG :(

Since our 180 days we have been trying everyday, calling and checking online, to get an ADR for any day 9/13-9/20. Its just the 2 of us so we've been searching for tables for 2 people.

Any tips on what else we should do? Should we up our people count?? Are there a limited amount of tables for 2? What else can we do to increase our chances?! :worried::confused:

DBF and I have been very unsuccessful in getting an ADR for BOG :(

Since our 180 days we have been trying everyday, calling and checking online, to get an ADR for any day 9/13-9/20. Its just the 2 of us so we've been searching for tables for 2 people.

Any tips on what else we should do? Should we up our people count?? Are there a limited amount of tables for 2? What else can we do to increase our chances?! :worried::confused:

Us too... Going to do lunch unless we get lucky. We keep trying but have lost hope for dinner. We did lunch in December and would love to try dinner out but it just might not be in the cards for us...

DBF and I have been very unsuccessful in getting an ADR for BOG : (

Any tips on what else we should do? Should we up our people count?? Are there a limited amount of tables for 2? What else can we do to increase our chances?! :worr ied::con fused:

Us too... Going to do lunch unless we get lucky. We keep trying but have lost hope for dinner. We did lunch in December and would love to try dinner out but it just might not be in the cards for us...

Some people do recommend checking for a party of 3 or 4. I haven't done it, but apparently CMs recommend it. That may help.

After deciding to spend our anniversary at WDW, I started looking for ADRs. I was already past the 180 date & couldn't get BOG. I made it my mission to get an ADR. ;) That's no small feat for me, because I have a never give up mentally. I checked 4 or 5 times a day (sometimes more) for our party of 2, & finally got an ADR for 4:20 pm on 10/27. That's much earlier than we normally eat dinner, but we decided to make the best of it & made that day our departure date. That will get us home earlier. Long story not short enough :blush: ... if you are persistent & refuse to give up, you have a very good chance of getting an ADR. People cancel all the time. You just have to be looking at the right time to take advantage of it.

My family is going sept 5th thru the 11th, BOG is the only ADR we can't get. I look daily. Is it best to call or check online?

My family is going sept 5th thru the 11th, BOG is the only ADR we can't get. I look daily. Is it best to call or check online?

I got my ADR online, but I checked many times a day. If you only look once daily, you probably need to be looking much more often. Good luck. :goodvibes

I got my ADR online, but I checked many times a day. If you only look once daily, you probably need to be looking much more often. Good luck. :goodvibes

Your success story gives me hope! :goodvibes

When you searched online did you search for "dinner" or did you look for an actual time?

Anybody lined up for lunch lately? What time did you get there and how long was the wait? I will be there in mid September on a Sunday.

Does anyone know what fish they have used for the kid's grilled fish dinner? Also, how does the portion size compare to the adult's salmon dinner?

I made a reservation for the Wishes Dessert Party for after our BOG dinner and would like to have an actual meal instead of just soup and salad, I just don't want to be too full!

Anybody lined up for lunch lately? What time did you get there and how long was the wait? I will be there in mid September on a Sunday.

We tried to eat lunch there last Thursday. We got in line about 10:45 AM and the line was very long. The night before a BOG cast member had told us not to let the long line scare us and that it moved quickly. After waiting in the hot sun for about 20 minutes, a cast member announced that the wait would probably be about 2 hours from where we were standing.....we were very disappointed and left.:sad:

We were there the first week in June. We were in line by 10:45 waiting at the end of the bridge by the village. Took us a half hour and we had our lunch at or seats by 11:25. I Didn't think it was to bad, it's well worth the wait though!!!!

In any of the dining rooms are there windows that Wishes can be viewed from? We just got a reservation during Wishes time and would love to be able to view it during dinner (similar to the MK resort dinners).

In any of the dining rooms are there windows that Wishes can be viewed from? We just got a reservation during Wishes time and would love to be able to view it during dinner (similar to the MK resort dinners).

No. The windows have CGI snow falling in the main room so they aren't really 'windows.' There weren't windows in the rose room for our dinner at all.

Yes, just a few days ago. Unfortunately I don't remember exactly what time we got in line, I paid more attention to how long it took - 25 minutes. It was early though, before 11 am I believe, when we got it line. I did it on a whim, wanted to see how long it'd take. We were walking from doing Ariel ride and the line at BOG was across the bridge and wrapped along the path back toward the new part of Fantasyland.

I thought it went pretty quickly considering how long the line looked, but probably longer than I'd wait for lunch in the heat again. There's no shade in that area so Disney was handing out umbrellas to those waiting in line. They also are enforcing that your whole party must be present, I saw more than one group have to step to the side to wait for the rest of their party once they got up front. One man was arguing with the CM, saying "but we know what they want" and the CM told him he was sorry, that was the policy - guy was not happy.

The thing is, we went into the music box room to find a seat and there were lots of empty tables. The bottleneck seems to be the ordering area, only so many stations and there's a learning curve going on there with the rose box and self ordering. There are CM's to help but they are going between stations, maybe, for a while anyway, Disney should have each station manned and giving more assistance to get guests through there more quickly?

I liked it, food was good, cute how they bring it to your table and the restaurant is beautiful. We had dinner there last week too, DD is in love with the chocolate cupcake :) although not so much the rest of the menu (she's 12). Hot at dinner time too, our ressie was for 6:20 pm. Disney bought out water for guests waiting to be called for their reservation. We had to wait on the bridge until our buzzer went off, a hot spot again with no shade.

I'm curious about this as well, especially "disney adults" ordering off kids menu. I'm in the same situation with my dd10.

It shouldn't be a problem :) I haven't eaten at BOG yet, but have ordered off the children's menus at several other table service Disney restaurants and I'm a college graduate :) I've never encountered a CM who has had a problem with an adult ordering a child's meal, especially if that "adult" is really a child. Although, this has always been OOP, not sure how the rules would work on the DDP :) have a great trip!

I know that they serve French Onion soup at BOG for both lunch and dinner. Can anybody tell me if there is a difference in the size of the bowls for the lunch and dinner or just a price difference because it's dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter