Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest

When we called a while back to book an ADR we had a CM tell us that they do not release reservations back into the system - they are saved for walk ups. Can anyone confirm this?

When we called a while back to book an ADR we had a CM tell us that they do not release reservations back into the system - they are saved for walk ups. Can anyone confirm this?

I believe this is misinformation. Some people have been able to coordinate cancellations with someone who wanted their time slot and they got it. When we were at BOG on May 7th at 5:20 pm they were turning away walk ups.

I believe this is misinformation. Some people have been able to coordinate cancellations with someone who wanted their time slot and they got it. When we were at BOG on May 7th at 5:20 pm they were turning away walk ups.

I keep checking online just in case something opens up... I thought that it might not be correct and don't want to miss something open up! Although I seriously doubt it will ever happen!

We just ate at BOG last week. We had dinner. It was pretty good. The atmosphere was beautiful and service was great. We were able to get a picture with Beast in his study with no wait. My salmon came out raw, and had to be sent back (it was not supposed to prepared like that as in some other places). It took a while to bring another one out and DH was done eating already so this threw a little wrench in the evening but the server apologized. The food was tasty, on par with most other them park restaurants and imo way better then CRT.Dessert was yummy. I would go if just once for the atmosphere. I will have a review on my blog soon.

can you substitue veggies on the kids meals at lunch on the order screens? I'd love to get green beans or fries instead of zucchini on the mickey meatloaf. Also, are there buttons that will allow you to get ketchup? or do you have to go to the "live" person?

I wonder if anyone has been able to coordinate a reservation "swap" recently tho? On another thread someone posted about cancelling a BOG ADR (I believe it was at 8:04 PM) yesterday & I was online AND on the phone before the minute was up - no luck either way. And that wasn't the first time that has happened. That's why I'm wondering if anyone has been able to do so in the recent past....
I don't mind checking several times a day if there's even a tiny chance, but it seems a shame for all of us to be wasting our time if there's NO chance...

I wonder if anyone has been able to coordinate a reservation "swap" recently tho? On another thread someone posted about cancelling a BOG ADR (I believe it was at 8:04 PM) yesterday & I was online AND on the phone before the minute was up - no luck either way. And that wasn't the first time that has happened. That's why I'm wondering if anyone has been able to do so in the recent past....
I don't mind checking several times a day if there's even a tiny chance, but it seems a shame for all of us to be wasting our time if there's NO chance...

Hi Gretchen,
I have been checking an insane amount of times for BOG ADRs and am beginning to wonder if the canceled ones are going back into the system. I also wonder if the concierges at the resorts are getting the first shot at open spots. It would make sense to me that they might be given a first shot at openings. Anyone know? This is a last minute trip for us and it is driving me crazy that I didn't get to plan before things booked up. I will keep checking, checking and checking but it would be nice to know if there even a possibility. I will be worn out before our trip on 6/13 just from trying to make ADRs.

I'm with you there, asta.
We decided to go in late March or April - for a trip in late June! So not my style. We got some great ADR's - but one of the reasons we decided to go (or rather hubby decided to go) was so our granddaughter could have dinner at BOG. Told him it would probably not be doable, but he already had it set in his mind (& DGD has him wrapped right around her precious finger!:love: Actually both DGD & DGS have us BOTH wrapped!)
We'll have a wonderful time and hopefully we'll eat there for lunch - and - like you, I'll keep checking multiple times daily till I know definitively that there's no chance for dinner...
Have a great trip! We'll miss you by 9 days. Hope you report back if you do luck out and I'll be sure to do the same!

OMG! Check out this thread: "Booking Into BOG" and read post # 21.

One very nice and very lucky lady just picked up an ADR - so there IS hope!

I read through some of the pages, but not all, so I apologize if this was already covered.... I heard there is a room that it is "snowing" in the windows. Could you tell me which room so we can try to eat there?
Thanks in advance.....

Here you go: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/05/15/news-be-our-guest-restaurant-menu-updates/

Prices went up and the Cornish Hen has been replaced by a chicken breast entree.

On Saturday the Cornish hen was on the menu, but you could ask for the chicken breast (which was not on the menu).

My cancelled ADR for August went back into the system almost immediately (yes, it was checked).

They were not taking any walk-ups on Saturday (but this was 8-8:30) and they will not let you check in for your reservation unless your entire party is present. Some other places will allow you to check in, but they won't seat you until your party arrives. BoG wouldn't even allow the check-in.

On Saturday the Cornish hen was on the menu, but you could ask for the chicken breast (which was not on the menu).

My cancelled ADR for August went back into the system almost immediately (yes, it was checked).

They were not taking any walk-ups on Saturday (but this was 8-8:30) and they will not let you check in for your reservation unless your entire party is present. Some other places will allow you to check in, but they won't seat you until your party arrives. BoG wouldn't even allow the check-in.

The chicken breast was also offered May 14th, when we were there. My husband ordered it. It was actually pretty good. It had some black and green olives on it (I love olives and my husband kept putting them on my plate.:rotfl:) It also came with some fingerling potatoes.

They weren't accepting walk ins that night either. I had made an ADR for two, but my husband was able to get off at the last minute. Despite trying daily for several weeks I never was able to change the ADR to a party of three, so we just showed up and took our chances they might let him in. After seeing both parties just ahead of us turned away as walkups, I really didn't think they'd let him in. I told the CM what happened and why he was with us and told her if they couldn't accommodate us it wouldn't be a bg deal and he could just go to Gaston's Tavern for pork shank while me and my mom ate. She gave me disgusted look and said, 'of course he's not going to do that. He's going to eat in the castle with you guys. The Beast would never be such an unaccommodating host you know".:rotfl::rotfl: I also requested to be seated in the library and was accommodated. All in all it was OK, but we are in no hurry to return. I'll be back down there in Sept and again in Dec and have no desire to return for dinner. I'll probably go back for lunch though, as we had enjoyed lunch there earlier that same day.:rotfl:

I'm sorry if this was already asked. This thread is long!

We have reservations for dinner next week. I clicked on the link on the first post in this thread for the menus and saw under the children's dinner menu it said "9 and under." My ds is 12 and would eat the steak. I had no intention of spending $30 for a steak for him on the adult menu and was planning on him just ordering off the kids' menu. We're not on the dining plan so would they not allow him to order that?

Also, how is BOG on sharing meals? Is there an "extra plate" charge that you know of?

TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter