EXPERIMENT: Ned Pin = Inferno! (finis... it means, the end)

KrazyPete said:
I'm in line for the Sleigh Ride and working on an update. I'm not dead I'm just burned out from the marathon credit raising and ride building weekend (not mention my stressful 11th hour judging). :teeth:

Incidentally, there is a thread on the main board for discussing these types of trading threads. If you want to discuss how they should be done or if they should be done at all then you might want to check it out: Irked?

thanks for the link Pete

I checked it out and repleyed

Originally Posted by KrazyPete
A lot of the people who have posted threads after mine did ask me for permission. I don't feel that I have the right to tell them not to but lately I have been trying to talk them out of it.

It's obviously not an original idea because "One Red Paperclip" thing was the true original. But at the time, there was a lot of arguing in the trades and wishes board over "Your such and such isn't worth something or other." I don't believe that these pixel possessions have any real value. So a trade is fair if both people know the rarity of what they are trading and are happy with the deal. This is a game and it's supposed to be fun.

I thought Ned=Inferno would be fun for me and an object lesson for others. If a Ned pin can be turned into Inferno over time then what does it really mean to be "rich" in VMK? It's all a matter of the time you invest in playing the game. And, it has been fun too. Most of the people I've traded with, I've also added to my friend list. Now, when I go on VMK I almost always see friends online that I can hang out with. I value those freindships much more than I do all the stuff.

As far as the trading goes I have some personal rules:
1) I don't treat the stuff in the Ned list as if it were mine. I keep it spearate from my other inventory. If I quit before I get to Inferno (don't hold your breath) I'll give it back to the boards in the form of a contest, quest or donation to prize fairy. Some people have given me very good trades to help me to the goal. I think it would be selfish to quit and keep the stuff.
2) This is not an "easy" way to get Inferno. There have been hundreds of posts in that thread, dozens of individual trades over many months and I'm still not there. I don't even really think I very close
3) I try to "pay it forward" by being generous with my own stuff. I'm getting good trades in the Ned thread. The generousity of those people have taught me a thing or two about to play VMK. Mainly, it really more fun to give than to recieve. Try it.

If you want to copy me please keep those things in mind.

I felt your statement needed to be on both threads so I copied the whole thing.

And now my 2 cents...

Anyone can try to copy you and the one red paper guy and apply it to what ever they aspire to. That they even ask for permission is a testament to how nice everyone on the disboards really is and that yours is The Model to emulate.

Clearly it is an object lesson on what has real value, not the items them selves but the process, hard work, the generosity and kindness of yourself and the whole disboards community, and the friend ships you make along the way.

Your personal rules Oh My Goodness what to say, where to start... I guess with number 1.

1) You have resisted the temptation to “help” it along by adding cool things from your personal inventory and to “keep for your self” those items that are really cool. Very admirable. That you would consider giving it all away if you have had enough or get your pin through some other means. Simply incredible. That stuff is yours, no different than my own or anybody else’s personal list of things they keep specifically to trade. Of course I hope you keep it up and that if you do get that inferno some day through other means you would keep going with the tread for a second one or what ever other pie in the sky item you fancy. Green flips, stitch hats, sparrow costumes, and beta items come to mind. I have enjoyed watching and helping your progress and hope to continue doing so.

2) That you done an amazing job of keeping track of it all, meeting up with people, and preserving with the time and patience it takes. I am sure it is a very difficult, very time consuming, and it is most deffantly not a quick and easy process. That this has been going on since may I evidence of that. This is the very reason why so many others have failed. Keep it up. We appreciate the effort and that is why we like to reward you for it.

3) Your own generosity and that of the other people here on disboards is part what I think of as the Disney Spirit, As a community of like minded people I think were are all Nicer people for it. Not just here on this thread there are many examples through out the disboards on every sub board. For example: those who don’t even play VMK but took the time to get codes for people who can’t do e-bay, those who do coupon train, or trade scrap book supplies, those who offer advise, and even those that entertain so that we can get our dose of Disney when we are far from the parks. It truly is better to give than to receive. Special thanks to those who work to hard so we can have this place to do so.

Please keep it going, you are the best my Krazy friend, I can’t wait for the day when we can throw you a party to celebrate you finally getting your inferno.

i closed my thread because i realized I don't have the patience.

But could you plz give us an update on the list so we can create more offers.

Alphawazup

Hiya KrazyPete. I see your N=I thread has a Sorcerer Mickey Hat. I'd like to offer for it a complete Tron Pin Set:

1x Tron Bit Pin
1x Tron Data Disc Pin
1x Tron Lightcycle Pin (Host)
1x Tron MCP Pin
1x Tron Recognizer Pin

Let me know.

Pete can we plz get an update soon i don't know exactly what you have and i am looking for some items.

thanks,
Alphawazup

Here's a personal update...

I was the director of the children and youth Christmas pageant this year. It was "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever." No seriously, you know that TV special where the rouchneck kids take over the church Christmas pageant? We did that that story. There's a lot of stuff to co-ordinate in a church Christmas production. We've been working on it since October but it all finally came together Sunday night. ::whew::

So, besides that stress there is the usual shopping and family stuff and Christmas parties and well, you know... this time of year is busy for most of you too I bet.

So the time I get for VMK I use to check in on the main Dis VMK board to see what's up. Then I go hit fireworks or pirates for credits. Some of this holiday stuff has been expensive and there's the "Give-a-gift" thing to top it all off. I foresee myself focusing on that stuff this week and I'll be out of town for three days after Christmas.

Inferno is my New Year's Resolution! Bank on it! But, right now I don't have a lot of time to be on VMK for trading. Here's what I'll do...

Some of the offers since the last update were great but they are old now. I don't like to hit people up to honor something they posted a week or more ago. So feel free to post new offers and I'll try to get in a few trades Thursday and Friday. Then, I'll shoot for a list update over the weekend. You can mull over the update until the New Year then... IT'S BACK ON BIG TIME BAY BE!!!

Thanks for sticking with me! You guys are the greatest and if I don't see you in the game, have a great Christmas! :thumbsup2

havae a great christmas to you to pete

i look forward to that list coming out so that i can offer for more stuff.

alphawazup

Awww, Pete! Congrats on pulling together the Christmas pageant for your church. That story is cute. :goodvibes

I've missed you around on VMK. I'll try and hook up with you again after New Year's. Hopefully, I'll have some good stuff for you ;)

KrazyPete said:
..."The Best Christmas Pageant Ever." No seriously, you know that TV special where the rouchneck kids take over the church Christmas pageant?
Know it? I actually owned/read the book when I was a kid, before it ever became a TV special. Great story. I still read it every year (short book). Always makes me tear up at the end. I'd been watching and this year they had finally released the special on DVD and I had ordered it on November (got it, watched it), but Amazon appears to be out of it already. Hmph. Anywho... Way to go on that... Break a leg and all.

KrazyPete said:
Some of the offers since the last update were great but they are old now. I don't like to hit people up to honor something they posted a week or more ago. So feel free to post new offers and I'll try to get in a few trades Thursday and Friday. Then, I'll shoot for a list update over the weekend. You can mull over the update until the New Year then...
My offer of a Tron Pin Set for the Sorcerer Mickey hat still stands. Let me know next year what you think.

Hey KrazyPete were ready for the update!

I have several nice thing with your name on them. I need to know what you still have.

Hope you had a nice christmas! Glad your play went well. Have a great new year!

eywprincess

Idk if I should do this, but this thread seems to be lost. Anyways, a little:

ôBuMpô
ôôToôô
ôThheô
ôToopô

Thanks for bumping. I too would like to know where my friend Pete is in this experiment. What do you have? What do you need? ;)

i know this is kinda cheating, but i would like to give u some free bc i dont have anything good enough for the pin lol

YAY I am glad someone bumped this thread. I was actually searching for it yesterday and finally found it on page 6. Didn't get a chance to post then so I will do it now. :) Pete I still have that one day quest pirate hat ( the one with the eye patch) that I had posted about back in November. Let us know what is on your goodies for trade list I think you might have a few ppl here wanting to trade.:yay: :yay: :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter