EXPIRED - Direct Sales Incentives - Summer 2020 - Expanded list!

That's true but kind of in reverse. They won't drop the starting price of Riviera so discounts would need to go up this time.
Yeah, I thought this was what I was saying? Maybe I got confused...

Maybe their next Push to sell Riviera at a lower incentive but a big announcement to remove the Restrictions. Who knows. Weirder things have happened with Disney lately.
I really don't see them removing the resale restrictions in any manner whatsoever; this is the new operating normal going forward imo for RVA and any new resort, no matter how many people on this and other boards wave their hands in the air in protest. RVA is selling fine afterall...

I really don't see them removing the resale restrictions in any manner whatsoever; this is the new operating normal going forward imo for RVA and any new resort, no matter how many people on this and other boards wave their hands in the air in protest. RVA is selling fine afterall...
I totally agree lol but who knows. I honestly didn't think they would lower the incentives so quickly with sales so low already either or change the minimum direct purchase to 125, so weirder things have happened.

This reminded me of a previous discussion I had seen on a FW for Thanksgiving - it is not always going to be on the same week. It's still a good timeshare week to own, but note that you won't always be there for Thanksgiving if that is the goal.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/for-those-with-fixed-guaranteed-weeks.3781332/post-61320172
Thanksgiving is most often Week 47. Sometimes it is Week 46; between now and 2068 it will be Week 46 six times (2029, 2035, 2046, 2052, 2057, and 2063).

I am going through the same thought process right now, and actually your post inspired me to research fixed weeks more and I really see the value (especially at CC during Holidays). We have 2 twin daughters (6), so we are thinking 2 FW for Thanksgiving is a great option to pass something on to them that maybe one day they can share with their families. Or, like you said, we have 2 studios at the same time to share with family or we can convert to a 2 bedroom (probably not a full 7 nights though). It's such a hard decision, as we are also considering weeks 48 or 49. I also already own a resale at Poly, and if it gets too much we can always let that go as Poly availability at 7 months is pretty decent. I've been all over the place with this, and am hopeful to make a decision soon.
I hear you on this! We have two sons and did debate two FW studios for Week 47 (especially as it’s only 118 for the fixed week, as the year CCV opened Thanksgiving fell on the rare Week 46 so the FW was priced low), but decided instead to do back-to-back weeks 47 and 48 since we love Disney decorated for Christmas so much, and when the kids are grown we can do two weeks there. It does mean the kids will have to decide who gets Thanksgiving week when we pass it down, though!

I've been thinking about this quite a bit as well to see if it's worth adding on with the current discounts; we know the current incentives are the best ever for RVA (even better than the initial offers)
Thinking the same here. To be clear, though, the really steep discount is for add-on contracts, no? For 200+ pts it's a $10 pp difference depending on new vs add on. It seems to me that as a new member the deal isn't as good as it has been, for instance my 250 purchase new member was $168 pp, buying now would be $170 pp.

I do wish I had bought resale first then added on direct with the current offers

I do think Disney would be smart to either convert some of the Yacht Club to DVC or build a wing of the Yacht club for DVC. For as high as Beach club sells for and how popular it is, people would love to buy a Yacht club DVC contract that's good for 50 years from now. That's why we bought Riviera. I wanted nothing to do with the 2042 resorts as I'm 31 and plan to go to WDW with my wife and our kids for the next 40-50 years.
I would buy Yacht Club DVC in a heartbeat. Between a potential Yacht Club DVC and the new DL DVC, Disney would be raking in the dough hand over fist. They'd still have RIV to make some money on the side. :D

I like this idea but I don't think there's any chance until Riv sells out. Would love to see beach club and boardwalk with 2070+ expiry dates.

I brought it up in this thread but Yacht Club would be in 2030 which would then allow them to take BCV out of commission in 2042. Thus you would be left with RIV 2070, YCV 2080, BWV 2092 correctly spacing out the resorts. Now maybe they delay BCV and do a larger redo and resell that in like 2048 or something helping space things out.

love it, great idea @Lorana! I just added this, Christmas and NYE to the All About Fixed Weeks thread

not a biggie but I think it's week 47 in 2052; US turkey day is 28 Nov 2052 and week 47 starts on 24 Nov 2052, it may have been the leap year that threw off your math
Oh, yes, thank you! Woo, that means I only miss Thanksgiving 5 times between now and my CCV expiration on my Week 47 FW. :)

I brought it up in this thread but Yacht Club would be in 2030 which would then allow them to take BCV out of commission in 2042. Thus you would be left with RIV 2070, YCV 2080, BWV 2092 correctly spacing out the resorts. Now maybe they delay BCV and do a larger redo and resell that in like 2048 or something helping space things out.
Riviera would probably be the cheapest sold out on property resort with this setup.

I have trouble seeing a Yacht Club DVC. Maybe I’m wrong, but I think the pandemic has shown them that they want some level of elasticity in their hotel supply, and DVC forces the resort open, at least to some extent.

I also don’t see them converting rooms on a resort that sells out regularly at outrageous prices, nor tearing down the convention center. And it’s pretty landlocked. So maybe they build in the parking lot? Move guest parking to the employee lot across the street and run a shuttle? I don’t know, maybe there’s a solve. It seems unlikely to me though.

I think the pandemic has shown them that they want some level of elasticity in their hotel supply, and DVC forces the resort open, at least to some extent.

I don't see this at all though. Right now they are able to take rooms and sell them for cash or move people to DVC and have other people pay the cost of running the hotel.

Disney retains the right to pull these rooms that otherwise will go unused if they choose with really no restriction from what I understand.

Disney also does not really take on any costs for having these resorts open that rests on DVC to pay for. Its partly why things like Stormalong were closed I think.

Riviera would probably be the cheapest sold out on property resort with this setup.

I have trouble seeing a Yacht Club DVC. Maybe I’m wrong, but I think the pandemic has shown them that they want some level of elasticity in their hotel supply, and DVC forces the resort open, at least to some extent.

I also don’t see them converting rooms on a resort that sells out regularly at outrageous prices, nor tearing down the convention center. And it’s pretty landlocked. So maybe they build in the parking lot? Move guest parking to the employee lot across the street and run a shuttle? I don’t know, maybe there’s a solve. It seems unlikely to me though.
Actually them having dvc has been a saving grace for them with all the hotels. The dvc hotels are essentially prepaid rooms so Disney has their money for them. They've been a very good hedge for them to protect themselves. If anything i can see them wantig more dvc hotels vs cash rooms that need to be booked to generate revenue.

The only complaint I’d have is that I needed to wait another 10 years. That plan makes a lot of sense for Disney, but I’d selfishly hope that COVID budget cuts would make them want to do an existing WDW resort conversion rather than restarting Reflections once the timeline on Riviera sales becomes more clear.

If it isn’t obvious, I’m operating under the assumption that they always want at least one new WDW resort on sale.

What do you think would make Yacht Club any different than Copper Creek? DVC wasn’t something I knew about when Copper Creek was under construction, but I’d have to imagine Wilderness Lodge faced similar constraints.

If we’re operating under the assumption that Riviera was supposed to alleviate pent up demand for EPCOT properties and they are 100% done in the area until 2042, Yacht Club DVC is likely dead in the water. I do, however, think it could be a relatively easy win for Disney.

I don't see this at all though. Right now they are able to take rooms and sell them for cash or move people to DVC and have other people pay the cost of running the hotel.

Disney retains the right to pull these rooms that otherwise will go unused if they choose with really no restriction from what I understand.

Disney also does not really take on any costs for having these resorts open that rests on DVC to pay for. Its partly why things like Stormalong were closed I think.
Sure, but you don’t think they’d rather only have three to four DVC only resorts open instead of the 11 three-quarters-empty deluxe resorts they currently have open?
Actually them having dvc has been a saving grace for them with all the hotels. The dvc hotels are essentially prepaid rooms so Disney has their money for them. They've been a very good hedge for them to protect themselves. If anything i can see them wantig more dvc hotels vs cash rooms that need to be booked to generate revenue.
Of course they want to build more DVC, I’m talking about DVC/hotel split buildings
What do you think would make Yacht Club any different than Copper Creek? DVC wasn’t something I knew about when Copper Creek was under construction, but I’d have to imagine Wilderness Lodge faced similar constraints.
A pandemic hadn’t happened yet. Noone ever had reason had to think, gosh, it sure would be annoying if we ever had to keep open all of our deluxe resorts when demand is 1/15th of normal.

want to do an existing WDW resort conversion rather than restarting Reflections once the timeline on Riviera sales becomes more clear.

If they were to do a conversion before 2030 I think it would be the remainder of WL to turn it into a stand alone DVC resort and get it "off the books". Another option would be a conversion of those CBR blue roofs in to more Poly style resort that is "attached" to RIV and has possibly a more Swiss Alps style to them. Final option of a conversion would possibly be something at Coronado Springs with the Skyliner extension planned between AK and Epcot for that resort.

Sure, but you don’t think they’d rather only have three to four DVC only resorts open instead of the 11 three-quarters-empty deluxe resorts they currently have open?

Depends who is footing the bill. I also think possibly it means they will want to convert places like WL to full DVC resorts or possibly only build DVC stand alone resorts in the future.

Depends who is footing the bill. I also think possibly it means they will want to convert places like WL to full DVC resorts or possibly only build DVC stand alone resorts in the future.
I agree, I think those would both be priority over yacht club conversion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter