EXPIRED - Direct Sales Incentives - Summer 2020 - Expanded list!

Yatch Club DVC or an newly converted to DVC Boardwalk wing would be enough to make us buy with no questions asked. It only seems logical given the sluggish Riviera sales, seemingly cancelled Reflections, and how popular those resorts are among existing DVC members

I like this idea but I don't think there's any chance until Riv sells out. Would love to see beach club and boardwalk with 2070+ expiry dates.

Yatch Club DVC or an newly converted to DVC Boardwalk wing would be enough to make us buy with no questions asked. It only seems logical given the sluggish Riviera sales, seemingly cancelled Reflections, and how popular those resorts are among existing DVC members
From what @i<3riviera has shown, Riviera sales actually aren't sluggish if I understand correctly. Not to say that a Yacht Club DVC wouldn't be cool.

I like this idea but I don't think there's any chance until Riv sells out. Would love to see beach club and boardwalk with 2070+ expiry dates.
From what @i<3riviera has shown, Riviera sales actually aren't sluggish if I understand correctly. Not to say that a Yacht Club DVC wouldn't be cool.

To be clear, I wouldn’t expect any sort of clarity regarding the next DVC resort until Riviera gets back to pre-March sales levels. From what I understand, they prefer to push one resort at a time.

Given the COVID budget constraints, CCV’s existence, and the already-large DVC presence at other existing Deluxe resorts, another hotel-to-DVC conversion seems to be the best route for doing more with less.

To get back on topic:
I do wonder if we’ll have any early indication of the next batch of incentives once we get some official word on the rumored minimum increase. I believe the current batch of incentives ends on September 10th (plus 7 days if you’ve had a tour)

To be clear, I wouldn’t expect any sort of clarity regarding the next DVC resort until Riviera gets back to pre-March sales levels. From what I understand, they prefer to push one resort at a time.

Given the COVID budget constraints, CCV’s existence, and the already-large DVC presence at other existing Deluxe resorts, another hotel-to-DVC conversion seems to be the best route for doing more with less.

To get back on topic:
I do wonder if we’ll have any early indication of the next batch of incentives once we get some official word on the rumored minimum increase. I believe the current batch of incentives ends on September 10th (plus 7 days if you’ve had a tour)
I do not expect incentives to change or get better. The Reason sales numbers are down is because there are no DVC sales reps at booths. The Fact they have no reps at booths makes me think they are fully aware and are okay with sales being down at the moment. If they wanted to boost sales they would put DVC reps at the booths at hotels and at the Parks. Also them restarting ROFR also tells me they aren't desperate to make sales. Right now I think their main task is to bring Guests safely back to the parks and to make profits. They also just reinstated the salaries of Executives and restarting some of the Projects in Epcot and Tron and other areas. I imagine before increasing incentives, and by increasing I mean a lot like some think since sales are drastically down they will be more likely to keep the incentives what they are and slowly bring back DVC agents in the parks. I'm sure they understand its hard to sell DVC when park capacity is only at say 25% of the norm and I imagine most are locals also so its a harder sell.

To get back on topic:
I do not expect incentives to change or get better. The Reason sales numbers are down is because there are no DVC sales reps at booths. The Fact they have no reps at booths makes me think they are fully aware and are okay with sales being down at the moment. If they wanted to boost sales they would put DVC reps at the booths at hotels and at the Parks. Also them restarting ROFR also tells me they aren't desperate to make sales. Right now I think their main task is to bring Guests safely back to the parks and to make profits. They also just reinstated the salaries of Executives and restarting some of the Projects in Epcot and Tron and other areas. I imagine before increasing incentives, and by increasing I mean a lot like some think since sales are drastically down they will be more likely to keep the incentives what they are and slowly bring back DVC agents in the parks. I'm sure they understand its hard to sell DVC when park capacity is only at say 25% of the norm and I imagine most are locals also so its a harder sell.
People have posted in another thread that they've received mailers indicating that the incentives will be dropping, in both cases specifically noting the $25 incentive (200 points new, 150 points existing members) will drop to $18.

Worth noting at the very least.

People have posted in another thread that they've received mailers indicating that the incentives will be dropping, in both cases specifically noting the $25 incentive (200 points new, 150 points existing members) will drop to $18.

Oh must have missed that. I'm not surprised. I think the worst is behind us for Disney right now. And I think with Reflections shelved their time frame to sell out Riviera is likely longer now.

I do not expect incentives to change or get better. The Reason sales numbers are down is because there are no DVC sales reps at booths. The Fact they have no reps at booths makes me think they are fully aware and are okay with sales being down at the moment. If they wanted to boost sales they would put DVC reps at the booths at hotels and at the Parks. Also them restarting ROFR also tells me they aren't desperate to make sales.

Definitely worth noting the incentive drop, but I think that it may be a sales tactic for "get as many people to bite before the fiscal year ends on September 30th". It would be foolish DVC to have a sale now and a better sale the next day. I see that at department stores and see long lines of people trying to get a price change and lower the revenue... That said, it may not mean the best incentive is what we see now. If it were me, I'd would also drop the incentives right after, wait until those who have purchased cannot rescind, and then have another sale after evaluating the numbers.

During these times, with lower attendance and economic hardships, I really don't think that DVC reps at the booths and hotels will boost sales (which requires higher demand). With the incentives for add ons, their first step is to target those who already own DVC. Once this well drys out - and it will when the incentives drop - reps at booths may even out sales with new Members. I think they restarted ROFR to earn a quick buck. How easy is it to take OKW at $86/point and resale it direct at $165, especially with the rumor that 125 minimum for Blue Card is coming soon? Everything goes into the numbers when September 30th rolls around... Need to keep the stockholders happy!

During these times, with lower attendance and economic hardships, I really don't think that DVC reps at the booths and hotels will boost sales (which requires higher demand). With the incentives for add ons, their first step is to target those who already own DVC. Once this well drys out - and it will when the incentives drop - reps at booths may even out sales with new Members. I think they restarted ROFR to earn a quick buck. How easy is it to take OKW at $86/point and resale it direct at $165, especially with the rumor that 125 minimum for Blue Card is coming soon? Everything goes into the numbers when September 30th rolls around... Need to keep the stockholders happy!
Well the Reps at Booths in the Parks and at Hotels from what I've read or DVC purchases while visiting is the bulk of where the Points sold come from. A lot does have to do with Covid but it also has to do with Park and Hotel attendance at all time lows.

Definitely worth noting the incentive drop, but I think that it may be a sales tactic for "get as many people to bite before the fiscal year ends on September 30th". It would be foolish DVC to have a sale now and a better sale the next day. I see that at department stores and see long lines of people trying to get a price change and lower the revenue... That said, it may not mean the best incentive is what we see now. If it were me, I'd would also drop the incentives right after, wait until those who have purchased cannot rescind, and then have another sale after evaluating the numbers.
I really don't get it either, I received that mailer and laughed. The mailer is actually misleading, it says "Save $5,000" I was excited thinking that this was a new offer and those savings would start at the 100 point minimum, but it's the same $5,000 savings on 200 points.

I really don't get it either, I received that mailer and laughed. The mailer is actually misleading, it says "Save $5,000" I was excited thinking that this was a new offer and those savings would start at the 100 point minimum, but it's the same $5,000 savings on 200 points.

They must want your money more... I got the "Save $3750" on 150 points. What did I do wrong?! :)

Did you guys get this in the mail or was it an Email?

They must want your money more... I got the "Save $3750" on 150 points. What did I do wrong?! :)
BecauseImNew's is the new member incentive ($25 per point off 200 points) yours is the existing member incentive ($25 per point off 150 points)

I got it in the mail. Said to buy now to "save $3750 or more" and to "Add on by 9/16, before these savings reduce by $1,050"
The fact they even state how much it's going to be reduced by makes me think this is for certain that its being reduced.

Reactions: EYL
The fact they even state how much it's going to be reduced by makes me think this is for certain that its being reduced.

Oh, for sure it's getting reduced. I'm just not sure that $3750 is the best discount we'll ever see. I'll post a screenshot when I get home this afternoon.

Yeah, it's interesting that they're saying how much it will be reduced by. Btw, they could match the existing offer some other way. For instance, in January when the RVA price went from $188 to $195, they came out with more incentives to offset that but in addition there was a brief period where if you used a Disney Visa you got another $1500 off, which meant it was actually better than the previous price-incentive combo. I just found the email witht hat, here it is (hope it works). This is what we did back then and got 250 pts as new members, for $168 pp.522033

Yeah, it's interesting that they're saying how much it will be reduced by. Btw, they could match the existing offer some other way. For instance, in January when the RVA price went from $188 to $195, they came out with more incentives to offset that but in addition there was a brief period where if you used a Disney Visa you got another $1500 off, which meant it was actually better than the previous price-incentive combo. I just found the email witht hat, here it is (hope it works). This is what we did back then and got 250 pts as new members, for $168 pp.View attachment 522033
That's true but kind of in reverse. They won't drop the starting price of Riviera so discounts would need to go up this time. Maybe free points I thought but usually DVC words the free points as a discount anyway so I don't see that. I honestly just see the incentives going down from September-November then coming out with a new Discount when Christmas Decorations start going up. Maybe the Disney Visa cardmember offer but I don't think it would create many sales since most of their sales are from in Park or hotel sales where they get you when your loving your trip and talk you in to it. And if Disney really wanted to crank out more sales they'd fill their booths in the parks with Agents to talk you into it with gifts or free food while ur "Staying in the Magic" like they usually do. But instead they have kept those sales staff furloughed. My agent thats been with DVC for I think 20+ years is still not back. So for now I think they realize the slow sales are just part of the reduced park capacity and it is what it is. They also don't likely want to lose too much on Riviera because of Covid and sell at very reduced prices and instead just sell them as cash rooms for now.

But who knows. There are so many thoughts and reasoning behind what they are doing. Maybe their next Push to sell Riviera at a lower incentive but a big announcement to remove the Restrictions. Who knows. Weirder things have happened with Disney lately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter