Express Pass ?

disny_luvr

DIS Veteran
Hi!

First time Universal visitor here. :) We'll have Express Pass for two days. I read online the rides it includes and the rides it does not include. Here are some other questions I have about Express Pass:

Is there a designated Express line, kind of like LL at Disney?
How do they know we have Express Pass? Do we need to scan something?
Can we ride rides multiple times or just once with the pass?
We'll be going towards the end of June. How long can we expect to wait for rides that we can't use Express Pass on? 30 mins? An hour or more?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

Yep, there's a separate EP line. They scan either your separately purchased EP or if the EP is from a premier resort stay, then your room key is your EP. Yes, you can reride multiple times.

For non EP rides, you're looking at probably a minimum of an hour for Hagrid's - that one will be the longest as it's extremely popular. Velocicoaster probably 20- 40 depending on time of day - could be less if you go during early entry, though.

Yep, there's a separate EP line. They scan either your separately purchased EP or if the EP is from a premier resort stay, then your room key is your EP. Yes, you can reride multiple times.

For non EP rides, you're looking at probably a minimum of an hour for Hagrid's - that one will be the longest as it's extremely popular. Velocicoaster probably 20- 40 depending on time of day - could be less if you go during early entry, though.
Thank you, this was very helpful!

Hi!

First time Universal visitor here. :) We'll have Express Pass for two days. I read online the rides it includes and the rides it does not include. Here are some other questions I have about Express Pass:

Is there a designated Express line, kind of like LL at Disney?
How do they know we have Express Pass? Do we need to scan something?
Can we ride rides multiple times or just once with the pass?
We'll be going towards the end of June. How long can we expect to wait for rides that we can't use Express Pass on? 30 mins? An hour or more?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!
Note, there's a rumor that Velocicoaster will start accepting Express Passes in the near future. Even at the moment, though, it's possible to find wait times averaging under 45' by actually avoiding rope drop and riding it later in the day. (EP might totally change the metrics of when it's a good time to ride it.)

Re getting passes "for free" by staying at a premiere resort: You'll find the cost of "upgrading" to the premiere as opposed to a different Universal hotel is less than the cost of buying EP as an add-on. But note also you get EP for your check-in day as well as check-out day; a lot of folks do a "split stay" between a premiere and non-premiere, e.g. one night in a premiere, getting you 2 days worth of EP, then moving to a different hotel to save money.

To piggy back, if I purchase Express Pass on Undercover Tourist, can I link the express passes at my resort, Cabana Bay, at guest services? Can I link them on the app?
Yes, you can add them onto the app. I've done it before without any issues. The paper ticket emailed to you is your Express pass, but you can go to guest services and get a ticket version that's easier to fit into a lanyard holder. I've done that at guest services at City Walk but I'm sure you can do that at the hotels too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter