Extra Extra Magic Hours! Post Your Experiences Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly do you all what to know. Is it how long the ride lines are? How you get to the park by bus? How they open in the morning?

What exactly do you all what to know. Is it how long the ride lines are? How you get to the park by bus? How they open in the morning?
How early are people lining up, will people be let in before advertised times, what are wait times like during EEMH, are certain parts of HS nearly empty as people go to SWGE, etc. We're deciding whether to go to HS for the first morning of EEMH or letting others report back first and going a day or two later.

I’m following to see:

1) How early we’ll need to arrive before 6, if at all
2) How fast waits build at other attractions to see what we can accomplish because of the DHS tiering
But especially...
3) How crowds are looking for MK and AK during the EMH and because of it later on in the day, because I don’t care all that much about SWGE but I do need to know the overall impact these early hours are going to have on the rest of the parks.

How early are people lining up, will people be let in before advertised times, what are wait times like during EEMH, are certain parts of HS nearly empty as people go to SWGE, etc. We're deciding whether to go to HS for the first morning of EEMH or letting others report back first and going a day or two later.
I’m following to see:

1) How early we’ll need to arrive before 6, if at all
2) How fast waits build at other attractions to see what we can accomplish because of the DHS tiering
But especially...
3) How crowds are looking for MK and AK during the EMH and because of it later on in the day, because I don’t care all that much about SWGE but I do need to know the overall impact these early hours are going to have on the rest of the parks.

All of the above and confirmation of what (other than SWGE) is operating during EEMH.

I’m following for everyone else’s reasons but I’m also curious what will happen with JTA sign-ups. Will it be open during EEMH (as in the past PPO and EMM guests said it was open early) and will it be more popular than usual??? Guess I’ll find out soon.

We definitely will need threads like this. I`m planning an October trip for 7, and I want to know whether it will be worth getting up that early. If EEMH will be mobbed, we`re going to close the parks, instead.

I’m interested in all of the things mentioned too. I’m especially interested in how it looks after a couple of weeks. The first few days are likely to be extremely crazy, though things could be disrupted if the tropical storm/hurricane hits later in the weekend and brings torrential rains and strong winds.

Hoping to go to EEMH at HS on 9/25 to go everything other than SWGE (TSL) without too bad a wait at 6am...

I want to follow also. We will be driving so am curious about traffic, getting into the lot, etc. I won't trust buses to get me there on time - I've not had good luck in the past, so I'm curious about the parking, etc. Hope it's not like a Saturday during F&W at EPCOT.

With the newly released reservations I am thinking SWGE at EEMH is not going to be all that crowded. I actually wouldn't be surprised if a lot of folks head straight to Slinky, RnRC, and ToT instead as a result of this awful new tiered FP system.
What do you mean by newly released reservations? Reservations to get in the new land? The last I heard was that there was no FP, but nothing else.

What do you mean by newly released reservations? Reservations to get in the new land? The last I heard was that there was no FP, but nothing else.
There's going to be a virtual queue to get into the land and reservations are needed for the cantina, light sabers, and droids.

I’m jumping on the follow train. We won’t be there until late October. I made morning and evening reservations for 2 days for SWGE.

With the lack of shade in SWGE and TSL I’d like to get us there early then hop to another park - maybe Epcot using the Skyliner.

Since we’re camping for the week at the Fort - I’m also considering driving to HS and AK for the EEMH. This will be crowd dependent. If RD doesn’t seem too pushy at AK we can take the bus and not worry.

We love AK and it’s the first park we are visiting - spending 2 days there plus the Wanayama Safari. I’m curious to see if park strategies change with SWGE.

I’m hoping crowd reports from end of Sept/ first week in October give a decent view of what to expect.

Good luck to everyone going opening week and day at SWGE - May the mouse be with you!

We are doing EEMH at HS on 6 September. We have an 8 pm dinner the night before and may then visit Jellyrolls and go straight to the park entrance from there. Lunch booked for 12 and then back to hotel to sleep. We will be jet lagged so our body clocks will have no idea what is happening in any case😂.

I want to follow also. We will be driving so am curious about traffic, getting into the lot, etc. I won't trust buses to get me there on time - I've not had good luck in the past, so I'm curious about the parking, etc. Hope it's not like a Saturday during F&W at EPCOT.
When we have done rope drop the parking has been SOOOO much better.

Question - for EEMH for MK (7am, park open at 8 am). Any idea how this works for normal EMH? We haven't done this before. Will main street open before 7 am? Since mainstreet should be open for everyone at 7 (one hour prior to park opening), how does the Extra Magic on-property group get past into fantasyland? I assume for MK the process for EMH will be the same/similar for EEMH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter