Extra magic MORNING hours; are they worth it?

Oh no!!! We’ve never had that issue. I hope it isn’t like this on our next trip :(
Providing that they keep this up to date here is the info from the Disney website....not all lands are open at MK for morning EMH.

Magic Kingdom Park — Mornings
The following attractions are open during morning Extra Magic Hours at Magic Kingdom park:

source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/extra-magic-hours/

We are coming from Colorado, so we are two hours behind WDW. We are exhausted, it it is still worth it!!
I always just plan on an afternoon nap back at the resort. You really do get some much done with the morning emh.

I would say it depends on the park. If you're doing DHS or DAK, it's not any different than any other rope drop strategy. It doesn't save you much time at DHS because there are so few attractions open. So, IMO, it's exactly like being there at a regular rope drop.

For DAK, it's a great way to get to FoP without a FP, but you'll have to pick just one if you want waits less than an hour. If you're doing literally anything else besides FoP, you can get a TON of stuff done.

I've tried booking meals at 8am/8:10am for a 9am opening and being IN the parks so we don't have to wait outside in a line. I've decided it's not really worth it. I'd rather go to EMH in the morning in every park. Even at 8am, the crowds are so much less. If you get there later or go to a non-morning EMH park, there is still usually a line to scan your pass and enter, so getting in line for EMH is not really any different. I have found all the parks are pretty full by 11am nowadays, even in the "off" season. The popular rides still have long lines. Getting in early really does give you significantly more ride time and fewer waits. You can hit the big rides and then be riding the "B" rides while everyone else is still in line to ride the big rides. Better yet, if you or your children like any high capacity rides like Buzz Lightyear or Star Tours, then you can just have fun letting them go on it over and over with no wait. That can feel really good after an evening of waiting in line the day before. I like Epcot EMH because then you can do all of the major rides in the morning and not be limited by your fastpass selections for shorter waits, so I wouldn't discount them at any park.

Absolutely yes. At least if you are morning people/used to having to get up with an alarm. I figure we are all at work or school by 8:00 on a regular day! 9:00 always feels like I have been sitting around waiting for the park to open!

I can not get my family up to do this. We are from a different time zone and my DD will sleep through a tornado.

I have accepted the fact that we will never be rope drop people lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter