Facebook response from Pete Werner

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU PEOPLE I DIDNT DO ITlol What the heck has been brewin on here lately? I leave you guys alone and all heck breaks out. Thats it to bed early for the lot of you and no dessert how do you like that mister and mrs.
Now that 've read the complete thread i'm still confused as to what happened but must say the thread turned around nicely and i must say i love looking at the older trailers great pictures guys. Oh and im glad to see both new guests and old guest come back.

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU PEOPLE I DIDNT DO ITlol What the heck has been brewin on here lately? I leave you guys alone and all heck breaks out. Thats it to bed early for the lot of you and no dessert how do you like that mister and mrs.
Now that 've read the complete thread i'm still confused as to what happened but must say the thread turned around nicely and i must say i love looking at the older trailers great pictures guys. Oh and im glad to see both new guests and old guest come back.

Wow - there's a blast from the past. Where ya been? :)

Oh ive been around (very a round hehehe) I've been on the boards some but not as much as I would like. Lots going on at home. I'm in the home stretch of a kitchen reno. So maybe bet a chance to get on here more. Nice to see you guys again though.

Yea, I've been wondering where everyone is myself. I don't read every day, but I like to off and on, and alot have disappeared.

ToT just isn't the same since they installed individual lap belts. The old lap bars that went across a whole section of seats were the best for getting airtime. Especially when smallish people were sitting next to a big person. The lap bar would come down only as far as the big persons lap and the smallish people next to them would have huge gaps between the bar and their lap. Good times.

Yes!

somebody, please report something about the fort, I'm having withdrawals on new info....and i'm bored :rotfl2:

I've been gone too long too and I missed all the drama! Probably a good thing since I do tend to say the wrong thing sometimes but I still try to say something good and make amends if I did rub someone the wrong way.

Anyway, I'll be at the Fort next month during spring break...can't wait!

Anyway, I'll be at the Fort next month during spring break...can't wait!

I won't be there,,do you have any idea how sad that makes me,,:sad1:

but I'll live as long as you help out with a trip report when you get back

Ya'll are gonna hava great time,, spring at the Fort,,man does it get any better !:thumbsup2

I'm a camping board lurker, and apparently I missed the big drama! I hope the board can go back to somewhat of its old self. I for one always liked reading the funny and sarcastic posts over here. I also happen to love a thread that goes wildly off topic! And don't worry, the fiends aren't the first group to be called a clique here on the DIS. We had our own major drama on the scrapbooking sub-forum (of all places) last year! What a mess!

I'm a camping board lurker, and apparently I missed the big drama! I hope the board can go back to somewhat of its old self. I for one always liked reading the funny and sarcastic posts over here. I also happen to love a thread that goes wildly off topic! And don't worry, the fiends aren't the first group to be called a clique here on the DIS. We had our own major drama on the scrapbooking sub-forum (of all places) last year! What a mess!

Unfortunately most of the fiends are now banned from the DIS, and many of the others have chosen to quit the boards. There are a few of us still on here (for now). So the funny & sarcastic posts, going off topic and familiarity are gone. :(

A majority of the fiends that were banned (not all), were banned of because of their own doings, some posted things to purposely get kicked off or banned. And for the life of me, this, I will never understand.
I may not like certain things that happen on these or any other boards of which I belong too, BUT, I signed onto these boards , which are privately owned as are ALMOST all web sites. Signing onto those boards you agree to play by their rules,,whether you like the rules or the way they choose to run their site, or not.
The people who were banned or left (of their own accord) were themselves at one time "a newbie" on these boards,,they came slowly one by one until there was a wonderful collective group of awesome, knowledgeable, fun, people who have a love of camping at the Fort, they came to be known as fiends.

While there may not be much posting going on these boards right now, fiends will come . The fine folk who are no longer on these boards are not the only Fort fiends . There are lots of awesome, knowledgeable, fun, people who have a love of camping at the Fort, and they will come in due time.

Like I say,
"Being a fiend isn't an appointment, it's a feeling and love you have for the Fort."

As I'm sure you & Denise know, I haven't been around for two months, so I missed all of the 'action'. Glad to see you stayed though:)

Well said Frank. Give the place a few more months and it will be back to normal... whatever that is. :lmao:

j

Well said Frank. Give the place a few more months and it will be back to normal... whatever that is. :lmao:

j

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2Yep, totally agree.

Once again these boards will be the welcoming place that it used to be. There will be a new group of friends, it will just take alittle while to rebuilt this group of FW campers. It's fine folks like Frank and Denise that are playing a big part in re-energizing this boards. Kuddos to both of you.:cool1::cool1: I, for one, am very glad that you both stayed.:goodvibes:goodvibes

A majority of the fiends that were banned (not all), were banned of because of their own doings, some posted things to purposely get kicked off or banned. And for the life of me, this, I will never understand.
I may not like certain things that happen on these or any other boards of which I belong too, BUT, I signed onto these boards , which are privately owned as are ALMOST all web sites. Signing onto those boards you agree to play by their rules,,whether you like the rules or the way they choose to run their site, or not.
The people who were banned or left (of their own accord) were themselves at one time "a newbie" on these boards,,they came slowly one by one until there was a wonderful collective group of awesome, knowledgeable, fun, people who have a love of camping at the Fort, they came to be known as fiends.

While there may not be much posting going on these boards right now, fiends will come . The fine folk who are no longer on these boards are not the only Fort fiends . There are lots of awesome, knowledgeable, fun, people who have a love of camping at the Fort, and they will come in due time.

Like I say,
"Being a fiend isn't an appointment, it's a feeling and love you have for the Fort."

Very well said Frank :) I had been trying to put into words my feelings on all that had happened but you did it so perfectly.

I came to this board this past fall looking for particular Fort Wilderness information before our Christmas trip.

Yes I was a newbie to this board, but have been going to Fort Wilderness since 1995 logging over 25 trips.

After our most recent trip, I still came back to this board as I found it very informative and entertaining. I have followed all that happened that led to this thread.

I don’t think being a fiend is an appointment and I don’t think anyone ever said it was. As a newbie, I did not know any past history prior to when I came. I liked what was here so I stayed, for now. But what I liked is no longer here.

I do know that administrators have to back up their people, that’s just a management rule, but one must question if the results justified that support. Apparently others were "minding the store" and management got stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I feel like an impartial observer here, and no one may care about my opinion, which is ok. I just think boards are here for everyone to offer their thoughts on various topics. It appears that if your thoughts are not with the admin’s here, then they don’t want to hear from you and you are gone.

I belong to many discussion boards, and again as a newbie here, I was really taken aback by actions that were taken. I was well aware of the original threads and posts that started all this as well as the admin’s warnings/requests. If everyone keeps getting kicked off, what are you left with? I still like to participate and get information here, but I have to feel comfortable and that I can express my opinion without fear of retaliation. (Trust me, my opinions fall within the guide lines of the board).

Maybe your camping forum will grow again…..but you now have stiff competition. There’s a new kid on the block. This may have been a costly decision, and did it really have to come to this…..I’m just sayin”

If you choose to ban me as well, because I have an opinion on this subject,then your forum has reverted to days long gone. So who is being exclusive now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter