• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Faith, hope, trust, and Pixie Dust!

I love reading these stories!!! I have pulled out the box of tissues many times. I hope to report on all the pixie dust from our trip next month!!!

Bill-- thanks sooo much for all of your information. It has been wonderful in helping us plan our trip. You are truly a gem :yay: . Thank God that your little angel is in remission :cheer2:

Robin

About 2 weeks after we got back we got the news that she was 100% cancer free and officially in remission. This may sound weird but I believe that the Pixie Dust of CMs helps heal. Think about that for a moment.

Thank you is far too little to say.:wizard:

I don't think that sounds in the slightest bit weird; I think that the joy and magic of Disney really can help to make miracles happen. All of the stories here are evidence of that magic, and our stories are just a drop in the ocean, compared to the millions of others out there whom Disney has touched.

Hugs to all of you wonderful people :hug:, and HUGE amounts of Disney magic to each and every one of you :tinker:

What a beautiful thread! Positively strenghtens my belief in the magic of Disney!:pixiedust:

The biggest reason I bougth into the DVC was because of the way my DD was treated during our very first trip to WDW in 1998. We left a world that excxluded my DD from many things because of her disabilities and entered the truly magical world of Disney - a place that made sure to include her as much as possible and feel like the truly special child she is! During that first trip, DD was invited to participate in the Lion King show; "danced" with Minnie during the MK parade; and had Pooh push her around the toy store in the UK pavilion in Epcot! This was truly a place I wanted to come back to time and time again.

One magical story that really sticks out in mind happened in 2001 - my special needs DD was 7 and younger DD was 5. We were fortunate enough to visit WDW twice that year. We first went in June and were seated at the Tarzan Rocks show at AK - up front in the handicap seating, to the right of the stage. My DD absolutely loved the music to this movie, so the show was one of her faves; she's non-verbal and has no voluntary movement but her eyes just widen when she hears the songs. Since she can't move, her sister usually takes her hands and claps with her or swings them like they were dancing. They would have their own private little dance party during this show - it was so cute. Fast forward to Dec. of that same year - and we're seated in the same place for the show. I commented to DD that it was the same singers we had seen in June. Well, the show started and my girls were once again having their little dance party. At some point during the show, I notice the lead singer making some hand movements in our direction: he was pointing to his eye, then his head, then at my daughters. It took me awhile to figure it out, but he was saying to us "I remember you!" After the show, a CM came up to us and told us that there was some people backstage that wanted to meet us. When we got there, the lead singer had gathered some characters from the show to meet with us. He told me that he had remembered my daughters from a few months earlier and was touched by how sweet they were together. He just wanted to meet us and tell us what a wonderful family we were! I just couldn't believe he remembered us from June! My DDs were thrilled to have their own meet and greet with the cast!

One of the many reasons why I love that place!:love:

Hey Minnie&Nana... I just noticed your countdown on your message. We will be there at the same time :dance3: What are your trip dates? Where are you staying??

Robin

Hi, Robin!

We are sort of former neighbors as we are from Boston - adjusting to NC :)

We will be there August 16 - 20 at the GF this time, but we were booked at CBR - it's a wonderful resort! Have you been in touch with Disney special needs dept? They are so wonderful and helpful!

They blocked a ground floor corner room for us at CBR in Martinique 22 - which is not too far from Old Port Royale - if MAW has not booked you in a preferred location building 22 is right next to preferred, on the 1st bus stop and right at the beach and quiet pool for the village.

God bless your family - life certainly sent you a curve ball unexpectedly, but you sound like a family who knows how to find joy even in challenges...(as do so many of the families on the DisAbilities Board....)

Sometimes I wonder if God blesses us in ways that seem anything but a blessing...and then we come to find more blessings than we ever thought possible. Blessings in the midst of darkness - but the iniital darkness seems to manage to radiate light as well.

Sorry to go on...anyway, I hope we run into one another in Disney..I would love to meet Nathan and his family. :)

Have a magical visit!!:flower3:

:hug:

It is nice to hear from you again Camster. What a beautiful story you shared. Thank you,

Bill

what a small world. what are the chances of finding someone that is going to WDW at the ame time as us and then staying at the same resort. :wave:

thank you for your kind words

Robin

What absolutely beautiful stories. Non Disney lovers just don't "get" that there is so much magic and that is what keeps people like us going back year after year.

I have a "fun" story, not really magic and it involves me not kids but it was absolutely one of the highlights of our DIS Gals trip last year and shows how it is the CM's that make so much fun.

I have told this story several times on this board--it is the story of my photo in my siggy.

This was my first trip in an ECV and getting on and off the busses was an experience. I am a terrible driver to begin with, but parallel parking, backing up etc was just a nightmare. But I was better at it than some so we just did the best we could. I HATED the lift busses. They just scared the dickens out of me. Having to back up, then the shaking and movement of the lift was not a comfortable feeling.

On this particular trip I was getting off the bus and as I pulled onto the lift my friends were laughing at me since they knew I hated the lifts. I said to the bus driver "This is the scariest ride here-- worse than Tower of Terror!"

The lift starts to lower, then jerks to a stop and goes back up.:scared1:

Then jerks to a stop and starts to go back down.:eek:

I turn to look at the bus driver and he is :teeth: ! Yep, he has created the first Tower of Terror w/c lift!!! :rotfl:

So, nothing else to do but put my hands up and scream in terror! He took me up and down a few more times and my friends and I were just :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: I am so glad someone got the great picture and it has been one of the funniest memories of that trip! And the lifts didn't seem quite so bad after that ;)

This thread needs a tissue warning! I am sitting here with a smile on my tear soaked face!

What wonderful stories all around. They each tug on one's heart!

Lovetoscrap I enjoyed your story and your photo is top notch!

Disney has been so wonderful to my parents. They become healthy youngsters when they are there. All the sickness and trials are gone and fun and happiness takes their place.

It is so much work to get them there but so worth it to see them enjoying themselves.

What wonderful stories!!! I love the one about the W/C "Tower of Terror"--that is hilarious. What a cool driver!! I don't have any personal stories yet, but we will be going on my son's Make-A-Wish trip at the end of the month, and I'm sure I'll have a few tales to tell afterwards. I do know that every vacation my grandparents ever went on during my lifetime was to Florida, and they always made a stop at Disney World whether they had kids with them or not (usually they didn't). My grandfather's been gone now for almost twenty years, and my grandma is now eighty-nine and nearing the end of her life. My first time to visit WDW was with her, and I know I will always think of her each time I go there for the rest of my life. ::MickeyMo

Wow! These stories are just so moving and wonderful - what a terrific thread!!

I have no specific stories myself. However this year we saw so many special children receiving the special magic of Disney!

And I have to give parents major kudos for bringing their very special little ones (and not-so-little ones) to Disney, and to make their dreams come true!! I know you all have a special place reserved in heaven, because you are truly angels to your kiddos! :hug:

these are great stories and we can't wait to disney with ds to let him experience the magic that is disney. It'll be his first trip. This has started my day off with many smiles and happy tears. Thank you for starting this wonderful thread

becca

I love reading these stories! What a good idea for a thread!

We had several wonderful things happen for us while we were there last year. My ASD DS 16 had some independence and loved it, and my youngest who was a "clingon" and afraid of his own shadow had several breakthroughs through the "magic". My favorite part was when we went to see the Pirate Tutorial over by POTC. My youngest (ASD) loves pirates, so we had to go see the show and of course he was wearing one of his pirate bandannas. Well, he was picked first to help stand on the rope to mark the show area, and then, when Captain Jack came over to choose the kids, he not only kissed my hand :-)love:) but he said that John looked just like a real pirate and again chose him first!

John was in heaven, and when the other kids were done sparring with the first mate, Captian Jack called John over and had him spar with him! John lunged at him with his little "sword", Captian Jack jumped back, and the crowd applauded. After that, John even went to the bathroom by himself, (in the Ladies room so I could monitor him, but still), and was a much more brave boy. It was great!! :cheer2:

Keep the stores coming please, this is so cool to read something positive!

A friend sent me this thread and I had to add:
I'm a CM at WDW and was working with the Princess' in their room in toon town. It was a bad day for me as I had just put my dog Katie (aka Moose), down. There was a young man with MAW who came into my room and stopped to visit with Princess Aurora. You could just tell he was so excited (he was non-verbal), they were taking pictures and Aurora was just wonderful. His mother came up to me and told me it was his first smile in years. I was crying my eyes out, after trying not to all day. That's when I knew that WDW was such a special place. Also, last nite, I received a call from a mom who's son is autistic and he wanted to call for the wake up call. She told me what time, not knowing what he was going to say and well, I let my call time be forgotten, I was able to hold a wonderful conversation with this young man for a few extra minutes that brought me to tears last nite. I told him I would have Mickey call him in the morning to wake him up. He was pretty excited about that. It's so wonderful to be able to make magic behind the scenes.

Keep the wonderful stories going. For all the bad I hear about, this makes me feel so good to be a CM.

Lynn
Moosysmom

I'm a CM at WDW and was working with the Princess' in their room in toon town. It was a bad day for me as I had just put my dog Katie (aka Moose), down. There was a young man with MAW who came into my room and stopped to visit with Princess Aurora. You could just tell he was so excited (he was non-verbal), they were taking pictures and Aurora was just wonderful. His mother came up to me and told me it was his first smile in years. I was crying my eyes out, after trying not to all day. That's when I knew that WDW was such a special place. Also, last nite, I received a call from a mom who's son is autistic and he wanted to call for the wake up call. She told me what time, not knowing what he was going to say and well, I let my call time be forgotten, I was able to hold a wonderful conversation with this young man for a few extra minutes that brought me to tears last nite. I told him I would have Mickey call him in the morning to wake him up. He was pretty excited about that. It's so wonderful to be able to make magic behind the scenes.

Keep the wonderful stories going. For all the bad I hear about, this makes me feel so good to be a CM.

Lynn
Moosysmom

Thanks for helping to make the magic for all of us, Lynn!:flower3:

Lynn
Moosysmom

I am honored to be Lynn's friend. :grouphug:

When we were there in October, we were in AK when we were approached by the Talking Garbage Can. My DS 12 who was in a power chair thought this was pretty cool. The Garbage can asked my son if he wanted to race. The Garbage can spent 10 minutes talking to my son and humiliating my husband. They raced at least 10 times though an open court yard. My son talked to the garbage can the whole time( getting a few words out of him is tough at times) We are heading back Aug 16-31 and the first thing my son wants to see is the talking garbage can. Can hardly wait

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter