Fall 2014 DCP Applications

Thank you Irish Mike. It is going to be so hard to wait. I am near Rochester, like yourself, and it is so COLD here.:eek:
I can't help but dream of sunshine and palm trees!

Haha tell me about it! I'm actually down in the Hudson Valley for college at the moment, but I am sick of the cold and snow. Next winter, we could be in winter though :P

My youngest daughter (19) applied for the 2nd time last night. Hasn't heard anything yet (fingers crossed). Good luck to all applying.

Just don't understand, my daughter just took the web interview, and answered the questions positively, but was not accepted. Is it just the luck of the draw? She has good job experience, and a very positive attitude. She is devastated and I am devastated for her. She will try again next time but she really wanted to go in the fall. Can anyone tell us how they choose? Is it merely random? I've seen so many kids say the same thing that they don't know why they were rejected, there's got to be some reasoning

Did she fail the web interview? Or did she make it to phone and go NLIC after that? Either way tell her to search on the internet, kids put the questions online and she can practice her answers. Sometimes they are just answering inconsistently in the web interview, positive and honest is not the only thing to think about- those questions can get tricky.

NLIC means what? I know I saw what it meant before, but I can't seem to remember. Keep seeing those letters a lot though.

Sorry for taking so long to post back! Been busy these past two days. I was one of the lucky people who got through and WBI and passed all on the first day! My phone interview is tomorrow at 7:45 though :scared: I am so excited for this opportunity!

For those talking about the WBI, Something else I've heard is a problem is consistency. Like one part of the survey will ask you how dependable are you? And if you answer I am the most dependable person I know, then that is your first response. They ask the same questions worded differently more than once. So if later when they say "I am always dependable." and you answer Strongly Disagree, Disagree, Neutral, or maybe even just agree, it is inconsistent with your first answer. I'm sorry, and I hope that you are able to pass in the next round of applications!!:thumbsup2

Sorry for taking so long to post back! Been busy these past two days. I was one of the lucky people who got through and WBI and passed all on the first day! My phone interview is tomorrow at 7:45 though :scared: I am so excited for this opportunity!

For those talking about the WBI, Something else I've heard is a problem is consistency. Like one part of the survey will ask you how dependable are you? And if you answer I am the most dependable person I know, then that is your first response. They ask the same questions worded differently more than once. So if later when they say "I am always dependable." and you answer Strongly Disagree, Disagree, Neutral, or maybe even just agree, it is inconsistent with your first answer. I'm sorry, and I hope that you are able to pass in the next round of applications!!:thumbsup2

Good luck on your phone interview! And yeah I definitely noticed they kept asking the same question (pretty much) over and over on the WBI.
It kind of makes me wonder why, but I also think that they don't like fluctuations in personality?

Did she fail the web interview? Or did she make it to phone and go NLIC after that? Either way tell her to search on the internet, kids put the questions online and she can practice her answers. Sometimes they are just answering inconsistently in the web interview, positive and honest is not the only thing to think about- those questions can get tricky.

Nola girl , it was the web interview that she didn't pass. I wasn't with her so I don't really know what she answered, but she thought she was being consistent. I believe it said they didn't have any positions within her interests, which is really confusing because she listed all but three of the choices as being interested in. Made me wonder if all of the positions could have been filled within the first 24 hours of the applications opening. I think not. I don't know how they choose especially if they haven't even spoken to the applicant. She will try again for the spring, but without knowing what she did wrong, who knows if she'll be accepted the next time. It's a guessing game.

My son applied on Friday. He received his web base interview email and took the web base interview yesterday already received the email to set his phone interview up.

Congratulations to all those getting passed the WBIs and to those who haven't received such positive news, shoot for the stars again next time!

Quick question now: Do you all set things up with your home institution prior to applying for the program? or do you apply and then work out the details with your home colleges? I am having trouble finding this information and I as wondering if some of the forum users that are more knowledgeable on the subject could help me out here. An early thanks.

Congratulations to all those getting passed the WBIs and to those who haven't received such positive news, shoot for the stars again next time! Quick question now: Do you all set things up with your home institution prior to applying for the program? or do you apply and then work out the details with your home colleges? I am having trouble finding this information and I as wondering if some of the forum users that are more knowledgeable on the subject could help me out here. An early thanks.

if I get through/accepted then I will work out the details through my college.

Does it mean something if you get the "Thanks for completing the Web Based Interview, now please schedule your phone interview" email without ever getting an invitation for the web interview? This happened to me and i'm wondering why.

Congratulations to all those getting passed the WBIs and to those who haven't received such positive news, shoot for the stars again next time!

Quick question now: Do you all set things up with your home institution prior to applying for the program? or do you apply and then work out the details with your home colleges? I am having trouble finding this information and I as wondering if some of the forum users that are more knowledgeable on the subject could help me out here. An early thanks.

I'm a first time applicant, but I checked with my college advisor before I applied. I know that if I get the offer I only have a limited time to work things out and reply, so I wanted to make sure I could. I still have to talk to my department head about getting credit if I get the offer, but I smoothed at least the big things out before submitting the application.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter