Fall... sigh...

I try to extend summer as long as possible. Will be in sunny Southern California in October.

Sorry...I'll still be wearing shorts at Halloween. Just sayin'.... :D

In the northeast, many people were wearing shorts on Christmas Day 2015. Record breaking heat wave (well, low to mid 70's F) in many areas.

Then again, there are plenty of men, like DH, who wear shorts outside even when it's in the 40's or lower.

Fall is my season. I'm so sick of the heat and the muggy humidity. Ugh. I can't wait for the bright blue skies and crisp air,the leaves changing, the sound of walking on crunchy leaves, the smell, the road side pumpkin patches, the town fairs,etc. I could go on and on.

If I had my way, it would be Fall, Spring, Fall, Spring!

As a South Floridian, I'll swap you summer for fall. We can just switch houses for a few months! Whaddya say?!

As a South Floridian, I'll swap you summer for fall. We can just switch houses for a few months! Whaddya say?!
Nice try. The only reason I put up with snow and cold in the winter is so I can get those few weeks of glorious fall. :love:

I like Fall but it is kind of sad, but on other hand I look sept 1st is the real new year, new tv programs, schools, programs in what ever your involved in, yes fall is really the start of the new year

Usually I'd love and extended summer but I'm from British Columbia, Canada and our province is burning down around us due to massive wildfires. Bring on winter!!

I love autumn and winter so I'll be more than pleased when the weather gets colder. :yay:

I miss Fall. Living in Florida we have hot, extremely hot and those one or two days in January (if we're lucky).

OP here, I'm in Maine. Yesterday's high was 62 degrees. Yes, that's a low for this time of year; right now it's only 66, supposed to go to 75, which is also low; it's been a cooler-than-average summer. If it follows the usual pattern, we will have temps in the 80s until mid-September (just in time to make us miserable back in our non-air-conditioned schools). Fall is definitely right around the corner. Fall is my favorite season, but i HATE thinking that winter will come. Hopefully we won't have snow before Thanksgiving, but I am not holding my breath.
Me too, but our Thanksgiving is on October 9! It's been a weird, weird weather year here. Hotter and dryer than normal early in the year but right now it's more like late September than mid-August. We were at an outdoor wedding yesterday and the daytime temp was 69 (21C) and had dropped to 52 (11C) by the time we left at 9:00 pm. The low last night was apparently 39 (4C). We could get frost any night now.
I like Fall but it is kind of sad, but on other hand I look sept 1st is the real new year, new tv programs, schools, programs in what ever your involved in, yes fall is really the start of the new year
Wow, yes - I always used to feel that way too! It's changed a little bit now; the rhythm of the school year used to set the pace for our lives. Autumn does still seem way more like a beginning than an ending though, doesn't it? :goodvibes Not to mention how great it will be for everybody at my office to get their butts back from summer holidays and do some work again for a change! ;)
Usually I'd love and extended summer but I'm from British Columbia, Canada and our province is burning down around us due to massive wildfires. Bring on winter!!
:grouphug: Hang in there! The smoke in Calgary is unbelievable most days considering how far away from the fires we are. It's crazy to think they've been burning for months. Thank goodness there has been few casualties and so little property loss.

I miss Fall. Living in Florida we have hot, extremely hot and those one or two days in January (if we're lucky).

You mean when we put on our favorite sweater and we are all giddy, then you walk outside by noon and you're melting in the direct sun again?!:rolleyes:

You mean when we put on our favorite sweater and we are all giddy, then you walk outside by noon and you're melting in the direct sun again?!:rolleyes:
A couple of years ago we vacationed in the Keys and then took a cruise out of Miami in early November. Low temps were 80'ish. I must admit I snickered at all the sweaters, winter coats and boots I saw for sale in the stores there. :teeth: I guess you'd probably do the same if you saw the racks of sun-dresses, sandals and swim wear that are for sale here in April when there's still 2' of snow on the ground!

Not much actual summer weather going on here, mostly clouds and rain with the occasional patch of 21 degree C weather so it feels like summer is drawing to a close, sadly. Once September hits and all the schools go back, it'll no doubt get warmer though!!

It's still a long way away, but winter is my favorite season! I just hope we get one this year last year I only had two total weeks cool enough to open the windows!

Also, I should clarify I only like winter when it stays between 70-75 haha. Anything below that is too cold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter