Family 5K 2015 Questions

MindyLuvsMickey

DIS Veteran
My husband will be running in the full as part of Team JDRF Challenge team. They recently made 5K slots available through JDRF and we were abler to snag some. Having never run in a runDisney event, I have a quick question about the process.

I see the 5K starts at 6:15 on 1/8. Do they place runners in corrals like they do for the half and full? Does the whole pack start at once? Trying to get an idea of when we will be able to get back to the hotel for showers and get on with the rest of our day!

Thanks!

My husband will be running in the full as part of Team JDRF Challenge team. They recently made 5K slots available through JDRF and we were abler to snag some. Having never run in a runDisney event, I have a quick question about the process.

I see the 5K starts at 6:15 on 1/8. Do they place runners in corrals like they do for the half and full? Does the whole pack start at once? Trying to get an idea of when we will be able to get back to the hotel for showers and get on with the rest of our day!

Thanks!

Yes there will be corrals for the 5K start. There will not be as many corrals as the half or full and each will be filled with more runners. Last year I think they sent each of the 5 corrals off with 5-7 minutes in between each corral.

Planning the rest of your day will all depend on how quickly you complete the race and how much time you spend in the finishers area afterward.

That is exactly the kind of information for which I was looking.

We won't be hanging around long, for sure. I will hopefully cross about the 30 min mark so we can be back at the contemporary in no time.

We certainly won't make extra magic hours or rope drop LOL

Thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter