• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

famous people

rya

Earning My Ears
Just out of curiosity has anyone ever spotted someone famous?

We had a whole thread on this a few months back....there have been several celebrity sightings onboard DCL. The most recent was on the Wonder last year....Aaron Carter and big bro Nick from the Backstreet Boys and their family were onboard the Wonder.

On our August cruise we had an NBA star but don't ask me his name...I am not into basketball that much.

MJ

Deveigh Chase, the voice of Lilo was on our cruise.

Anne

On the SS Member Cruise that just ended on the 6th they had Scotty Bowman - former NHL coach of the Detroit Red Wings (I think). We saw he had his own area roped off at Castaway Cay but I know he was walking around and I think it was Richym1 got his photo with him.

We also had Andrea McArdle, her husband and daughter on the cruise with us. I assume they had the same type of area on the island, but I know people saw them walking around.

Ricki Lake was on the Pin Trading Cruise in May 2002. She just mingled among the pin traders and I don't think she was recognized, she got a kick out of the actions of the pin traders, especially the ones camped out on the floor with their pin suitcases.

Whitney Houston was onboard either last year or the year before....one of the crew told us they had to fumigate her room afterwards...it had a very distinct plant "smell".

MJ

wonder what plant that would be?;)
Such role models for our children!

We had some pro wrestler with us on the Dec 7th cruise. Don't know who he was, just know he was...shall we say...not proportioned correctly. VERY wide shoulders and itty bitty legs! We saw them in Key West and again in Cozumel. I don't watch wrestling (except to see "The Rock"):):smooth: So couldn't tell you his name, but he was TALL and long blond hair and told the driver in KW that he was WWF or something like that wrestler.

Lisa

He Lisa that is actually funny as I know EXACTLY who you are referring to. DH and I could not help but notice him in the pool. We called him fabio! Don't watch wrestling so I have no idea who he is.. but if men got implants he would be the poster boy! :)

>>We called him fabio>>
I just laughed out loud at the computer at this and Doug asked me why. We totally agree! Perfect description!

Lisa

What is even more funny... I just went to Jay and said Hey remember that Fabio guy from the cruise he was a pro wrestler and my DH's responce was "what Fabio guy?" Now if it was a FEMALE pro wrestler that image would be burned in his brain..

We were on the "Bush Family Cruise" George (Sr), Barbara, Jeb etc. Even George Jr's twin daughters were there. Very interesting. I think Star Jones from the View was there a few weeks before our cruise.

Originally posted by WDWLVR
On the SS Member Cruise that just ended on the 6th they had Scotty Bowman - former NHL coach of the Detroit Red Wings (I think). We saw he had his own area roped off at Castaway Cay .

A "roped off area for Scotty Bowman"??? Give me a break! Who the heck cares about a hockey coach?? Do they have fans and followers begging for autographs??

On the Feb 2000 cruise our servers told us that Wayn Gretzky a nd his family were on the week before and they dined in the dining room just like everyone else and although people said hello to them - everyone respected their privacy to be together as a family... no one mentioned roped off areas - I think that is ridiculous.

>>^..^<<

Well this doesn't really count...

...but I did #1 next to Michael Chiklis (The Commish, The Shield) at the Frontierland BBQ in Disneyland.

:earseek:

We had John Lasseter (director of Toy Story, Bug's Life, Toy Story 2 etc) and Tommy Smothers on our cruise last July. We actually met John Lasseter...very cool!

I LOVE hockey and Scotty Bowman was our coach (Detroit Red Wings).....but a roped off area??? Geez.....that is a bit much....

Ann :D

Well....I'm from Rhode Island and I know a couple of people from the Morning show from 92 Pro FM(Providence Area) will be on the cruise in March

Not World Famous but I would like to be on that one....they are pretty funny....they are broadcasting from the ship!

Danni

When we cruised in June 2001 Joe Namath and his family were on board. He did a question/answer thing in one of the bars one evening (it was sooo packed)..we saw him and his family only a couple of times during the week.

Originally posted by Buckaroo's Dad
I think Dis-ers should have their own roped-off area!

They gave me my own area... infact asked if I would stay in the roped off spot the entire cruise!:teeth: :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter