Famous Vegetarians and Vegans - not surprisingly, no fatties!!!

I think I would just keep posting pictures of steak and greasy sausage, so she would have to look at them everyday. But I'm evil like that. ;)

ETA. . .maybe "like" The Bacon Page too.

Meh, being a vegetarian doesn't mean you aren't overweight. There are overweight Veggers. I can't remember his name, but there used to be a nice heavier black guy on one of the news shows that would talk about produce. He was vegetarian and he was a good 30 lbs or so overweight.

Tell her to shove it.:)

I can't stand it when vegans or vegetarians try to push their allegedly superior way of eating onto everyone. There are many variables both to personal health and world economics to think it either is easily changed.

My sister is a gluten free vegan. She posts on FB with links but does not outright insult the other 7 siblings, nieces and nephews who eat meat. My younger DD does not like the taste of most meat. So I buy her the meat substitutes.

If you see a woman in a supermarket shopping for Christmas dinner buying turkery, soy butter and ice cream muttering to herself "why I am here. I don't even like vegetables" that would be me.:rotfl2:

OP, I would say she is no longer a friend and you should defriend her on FB.

So who was on the list?

Not a complete list, but on the list....

Paul McCartney
Sarah Connor
James Cromwell
Willem Defoe
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Peirce Brosnan
George Bernard Shaw
Thich Nhat Hanh (monk)
H. G. Wells
Ian McKellen
India Arie
Jackie Chan
Jane Goodall
Ghandi
Jessie Biel
Joaquin Phoenix
Joss Stone
Leonardo da Vinci
Leonard Cohen
Mark Twain
Naomi Watts
Michael Bolton
Meat Loaf
Peter Gabriel
Moby
Nikola Tesla
Natalie Portman
Isaac Newton
Oliver Stone
Pamela Anderson
Ringo Starr
Sade
Samuel L. Jackson
Seal
Sinead O'Connor
Shania Twain
Henry David Thoreau
Richard Gere
Robert Redford
Vanessa Williams
Leo Tolstoy
Voltaire
Thomas Edison
Ziggy Marley
William Blake
George Harrison
Lisa Kudrow
Woody Harrelson

Hitler was notably absent.

I think that list is likely largely bogus.

I also don't think Meat Loaf is thin.

Again, neither was Alec Baldwin.

Chocolate is vegetarian. Baked goods are vegetarian. Pizza, macaroni and cheese, Mexican, Chinese, Italian, all packed with vegetarian food.

I have rarely encountered the obnoxiously aggressive preachy veg., though I've often encountered people who eat meat who are downright hostile TO vegetarians and vegans, which I don't get.

Does anyone else find it ironic that a man whose nickname is Meat Loaf is a vegetarian?

Woke up to this post from a "friend" on FB. I have been friends with this girl since we were 7. Around that time she decided to become a vegetarian (except she still ate pepperoni for a few years because she thought it was a pepper). To say that we have grown apart over the past 10 years would be an understatement. She is now vegan and is not shy at all about telling anyone that is not vegan how unhealthy they are. In the past year I have been not-so-subtley personally attacked as someone who is killing themselves with their problem with food. Because everyone can see I have a problem with food. Oh and I could go on and on. The funny part is that even up until she was in high school she was the most unhealthy vegetarian I knew. I remember the only thing she would eat for a long time was baked potatoes covered in fake cheese sauce. She has obviously learned to like more things and has a healthy diet now, and she obviously has decided that her diet makes her superior to anyone that is not a vegetarian or vegan. It's not just limited to meat - I posted about enjoying a Starbucks latte and I was informed that I was a fattie setting a horrible example for my children with my 1,000 calorie drink (it was actually 240, but who cares about accuracy when you are being self-righteous?). I've had enough - time to "unfriend" this frenemy......thanks for letting me vent!
She clearly doesn't understand how to say, "Yeah for my choices!" without also saying, "Boo to your decisions."
HeThis girl has also three siblings - one is also a vegan ("for theological reason"),
Theological reasons? In the book of Genesis, God specifically gave Noah permission to begin killing animals for food. I'd like to hear her rationale.

Woke up to this post from a "friend" on FB. I have been friends with this girl since we were 7. Around that time she decided to become a vegetarian (except she still ate pepperoni for a few years because she thought it was a pepper). To say that we have grown apart over the past 10 years would be an understatement. She is now vegan and is not shy at all about telling anyone that is not vegan how unhealthy they are. In the past year I have been not-so-subtley personally attacked as someone who is killing themselves with their problem with food. Because everyone can see I have a problem with food. Oh and I could go on and on. The funny part is that even up until she was in high school she was the most unhealthy vegetarian I knew. I remember the only thing she would eat for a long time was baked potatoes covered in fake cheese sauce. She has obviously learned to like more things and has a healthy diet now, and she obviously has decided that her diet makes her superior to anyone that is not a vegetarian or vegan. It's not just limited to meat - I posted about enjoying a Starbucks latte and I was informed that I was a fattie setting a horrible example for my children with my 1,000 calorie drink (it was actually 240, but who cares about accuracy when you are being self-righteous?). I've had enough - time to "unfriend" this frenemy......thanks for letting me vent!

Im a member of PETA

People Eating Tasty Animals.

Tell your friend I am glad she is vegan, that means MORE MEAT FOR ME!

Oh yay...since we ALL want to be just like Michael Bolton.:rolleyes1 Tell her to get over herself. I eat about 70% vegetarian diet. I don't look down on those who don't eat veg. Everyone has a choice in what they put into their bodies.

Im a member of PETA

People Eating Tasty Animals.

Tell your friend I am glad she is vegan, that means MORE MEAT FOR ME!

:lmao::lmao:

And OP, we also drive around in our Honda Odyssey threatening random people - in Hillsborough County :laughing: We should meet up....:thumbsup2

I see you had a run in with a rude, over zelaous vegan. I'm sorry that happened. And from time to time, it does happen. But you wouldn't believe how many aggressive, rude and in-your-face omnivores I have run into when they just HEAR that I am veg. I am not sure what causes them to go, "I like PETA, people eating tasty animals!" upon hearing that I choose not to eat them, but it's something that I hear a lot of.

It happens. Some people are very into their beliefs and are very hardcore about it. I've run into very religious people who dislike that I am also atheist, but whatever, I don't go around expecting people to change for me. I changed my eating habits for a multitude of reasons I won't get into here because my reasons are my own business. Someone who looks down on others and is overly hostile is not a good friend. Is she a new vegan? Because often times the new ones are the most tenacious and outspoken.

Sorry to hear that you lost a friend, but I hope it doesn't cloud your (or others) view point that vegans and vegetarians are just insane, hot winded idiots with supposed protein/iron/everything deficiencies. Here's to new, better friends who respect you.

I have a nephew who has been a vegetarian since he was five years old. Started out not liking the texture of meat and then the taste of it. He has always struggled with his weight and was very obese for awhile. Has since got his weight under control but his diet had not been a healthy one even though it was fully vegetarian. Now he is still vegetarian but with much healthier choices.
This person really is a frenemy and I'd be dropping her too.

I really don't understand why people make a big deal out of being a veg or a vegan - either pro or con. It's just food! I'm an omni, but I really respect people who are veg or vegan, because damn, it's hard sometimes! A manager of mine at work used to be a vegan, but he gave up and went back to vegetarian because "it was too much of a pain for me and my wife to try and find meals for me to eat."

Anyone who puts someone down for their non-illegal choices in life is no friend. Sounds like she has a self-esteem problem, and need to bring herself up and justify her choices by making others feel inferior.

PS - Meat loaf being a veg and "not a fattie," and the pepperoni comments literally make me LOL.

Does anyone else find it ironic that a man whose nickname is Meat Loaf is a vegetarian?
Meat Loaf isn't a vegetarian anymore (I think he started eating meat again in 2006 or 2007).

To be honest you get the same people on both sides, I've met alot of rude meat eaters (telling me I should die because I don't eat meat :eek:) and alot of vegans who have a similar attitude (quite a few members of PETA are the worst for this, esp. as I don't support PETA). Most of the time I forget I am vegetarian because it's just a natural thing to me and I can't be obnoxious about it really:rotfl:.

Normally people like you've mentioned are the ones with issues and you just don't need them in your life.

Hitler was a vegetarian.

Not a complete list, but on the list....

Paul McCartney
Sarah Connor
James Cromwell
Willem Defoe
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Peirce Brosnan
George Bernard Shaw
Thich Nhat Hanh (monk)
H. G. Wells
Ian McKellen
India Arie
Jackie Chan
Jane Goodall
Ghandi
Jessie Biel
Joaquin Phoenix
Joss Stone
Leonardo da Vinci
Leonard Cohen
Mark Twain
Naomi Watts
Michael Bolton
Meat Loaf
Peter Gabriel
Moby
Nikola Tesla
Natalie Portman
Isaac Newton
Oliver Stone
Pamela Anderson
Ringo Starr
Sade
Samuel L. Jackson
Seal
Sinead O'Connor
Shania Twain
Henry David Thoreau
Richard Gere
Robert Redford
Vanessa Williams
Leo Tolstoy
Voltaire
Thomas Edison
Ziggy Marley
William Blake
George Harrison
Lisa Kudrow
Woody Harrelson

Hitler was notably absent.

Oh, trust me, Hitler considered himself a vegetarian. In his own words: "There's one thing I can predict to eaters of meat: the world of the future will be vegetarian." He was also, according to accounts from the time, a teetotaler and a non-smoker, and one of his first actions when he came to power was banning the boiling of live lobsters, because he thought it was "cruel". :lmao: They probably just left him off the list so as not to offend anyone.

I spent the last month researching the man. There is, of course, debate around his vegetarianism (what brand it was, whether he ever cheated, etc...), but there's debate around everything to do with Hitler. Heck, you can't hardly even say he had a cheesy 'stash without someone popping up to say you're wrong!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter