Fantasmic, and then sci fi at 7:40?

MDH

The Dude
Hi, asking for a friend who was recently very excited to get a 7:40 reso for sci fi diner. I then reminded her that fantasmic is at 7, and they are certainly planning on going to that. So that being said, is it likely they'll be able to make this reservation? I know you get 15 minutes after, but will that even be enough time? What happens if fantasmic is delayed, is disney understanding about situations like that?

I do not see how they can make it in time. Getting out of fantasmic is not easy to start with. And I have seen both cases once at Liberty Tree I saw a family show up 30 minutes late and they took them right in and once at Sci-Fi a family showed up late (something like 15 min or so) and they had already given away the seating.

They could make it in time or they may not. If your friend sits by the exit it will help their chances. If you figure the show ends at roughly 7:25-7:30, that gives them 10 minutes to get out and get over to Sci-Fi, which is not exactly close to the F! theater. It is even tougher with all those people leaving the show at the same time.

Disney recommends that people show up 15 minutes prior to a reservation. Any grace period for late arrivals is up to whoever is at the podium when you show up. They can be really nice and sit you well after your ADR or they can turn you away if you are a minute late (I have seen both and yes, we witnessed someone get turned away literally a minute late). They should try to either bump that ADR to around 8 to be safe.

They could make it, but not likely. If you are sitting close to an exit, or sit at the edge of a row so you can get up and move close to an exit before it finishes so they can leave quickly. Otherwise, it is very difficult to get out of there quickly. we have easily spent 15 minutes waiting to get out depending upon where you sit.

Thanks for the replies. This is their first trip, so i'm very doubtful they'd be prepared to dash over. I recommended she change it if possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter