Fantasmic Dining Package Discussion Thread

View Fantasmic! from River Belle restaurant OR from dining fast pass area

• River Belle Restaurant

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Dining Fast Pass Area

Votes: 37 58.7%

• Total voters
This is interesting since on Wednesday we ate at RBT and were mixed in with BB - we sat in what you posted as now the BB-only section. HB people were NOT let in our section for the 9:00 show.

Obviously they are making changes, so people planning should take all current situations with a grain of salt, I think!
I'm wondering if people complained because they were paying more money for BB but sitting in the same area? Or it could be a weekend thing? It'll be interesting to see how it all evolves! Remember when they first started doing it years ago, originally all areas were separate, then they moved to combining RBT and BB.

Lucked into a reservation at the RBT for tomorrow at 5pm! I had originally pulled one for 6:50p but cancelled it by mistake, I tried to pull it up again but no luck. I kept searching for times and had the 5pm pop up! Will be looking forward to it tomorrow.

Sorry if this has been asked already but what are the dates for the RBT closure?

Not completely sure, but I think it was the week of Sept. 10th. Someone way earlier in the thread mentioned something about the week before Sept. 17th...

And definitely encourage people to keep looking for cancellations for dates and times that you want. Things really do show up, so keep trying.

Did anyone see any strollers in the BB/RBT seating area? We have little ones in strollers still, and with everyone sitting in those areas, I'm wondering how strollers work?

Did anyone see any strollers in the BB/RBT seating area? We have little ones in strollers still, and with everyone sitting in those areas, I'm wondering how strollers work?
I believe I've read that strollers get lined up in the back of the area BB/RBT seating area. If people brought them to where they're sitting, they'd be in the way of other people's view.

I believe I've read that strollers get lined up in the back of the area BB/RBT seating area. If people brought them to where they're sitting, they'd be in the way of other people's view.
Yes, CMs come around and ask that either they move the stroller to the back or fold it down. At my viewing people in wheelchairs stayed at the back of the section.

We did RBT last night. Our reservation was at 6:30 we checked in at 6:20 and waited about 20 minutes. They seated us in direct sunlight and it was brutally hot so we asked to sit somewhere else. This for some reason put as at the end of the line and we waited over 30 minutes for the next table even though party after party was seated before us? That was a little annoying as every person after us refused the same table they tried to seat us at but they were promptly seated elsewhere? I talked to the host and she was very nice but didn't really help us. Then we were seated inside , where it felt like they AC wasn't working. On a positive note, we got the BBQ chicken sandwich, which was excellent and the brisket which was also excellent. The kids dessert was butterscotch pudding? My daughter was not pleased so she ate my dessert which was was fine because I was stuffed!!

Fantasmic was at 9, we checked in about 8:30 and found a seat right in the middle, directly in front of the "stage". I kind of think the railing would be in the way so no need to get there early for a railing spot. We shared the area with BB people and I don't think there is a bad seat inthe whole area. Great show!! Was sad about the Peter Pan part being cut, that was my favorite.
We stayed in the same place for fireworks but everybody stood up.....why??!! Ithought the projections on the water were cool but didn't find this firework show very impressive. Scoooted out early and hit splas motunain without a wait. Crowd control seems much better than in prior years. Overall, disappointed in RBT environment but loved the food and well worth the money to sit and not have to wait for fantastmic.

And yes strollers and wheelchairs were in the back....still great seats. Also they told us to enter the line at haunted mansion but I just walked up and asked a CM that was obviously checking fastpasses right in front of pirates ands he directed me right to the seating area.

Fantasmic was at 9, we checked in about 8:30 and found a seat right in the middle, directly in front of the "stage". I kind of think the railing would be in the way so no need to get there early for a railing spot. We shared the area with BB people and I don't think there is a bad seat inthe whole area. Great show!! Was sad about the Peter Pan part being cut, that was my favorite.

Interesting that everyone was sat together! Maybe just on Saturdays they separate dining packages? Dunno! I also agree about Peter Pan. I thought the Pirate sequence was cool with great stunts and lots of "ooohs" from the crowd, but would have preferred PP. Also, too many cannon blasts! It made everyone jump! I preferred the single blast announcing Peter Pan!

We stayed in the same place for fireworks but everybody stood up.....why??!! Ithought the projections on the water were cool but didn't find this firework show very impressive.

They did announce to stand up before fireworks. I don't know if it's a safety issue or something? I was right up against the rail and most people just stayed sitting. I really did like the projections, but felt the sound system didn't play the FW music loud enough, so the jet spray sound really overwhelmed it.

Crowd control seems much better than in prior years.
It definitely was well organized. They really utilized benches and other methods to create passageways. I walked out through Frontierland originally, and there as just a huge influx of people along that path, as well as from Fantasyland, but it looked pretty orderly. After the dining package, the CMs were good about shooing everyone out. I overheard one younger woman saying to another-I was expecting it to be harder, but the guests are agreeing to move!

If you book a BB dinner package can you request the 2nd show of fantasmic? We only have 1 weekend night to see both the fireworks and fantasmic but would still like to be able to sit down and have a good view of the show ( espically as children will be tired by then )

That's why I was curious. With everyone sitting, the strollers would be in the way. Thanks.

Interesting that everyone was sat together! Maybe just on Saturdays they separate dining packages? Dunno! I also agree about Peter Pan. I thought the Pirate sequence was cool with great stunts and lots of "ooohs" from the crowd, but would have preferred PP. Also, too many cannon blasts! It made everyone jump! I preferred the single blast announcing Peter Pan!

They did announce to stand up before fireworks. I don't know if it's a safety issue or something? I was right up against the rail and most people just stayed sitting. I really did like the projections, but felt the sound system didn't play the FW music loud enough, so the jet spray sound really overwhelmed it.

It definitely was well organized. They really utilized benches and other methods to create passageways. I walked out through Frontierland originally, and there as just a huge influx of people along that path, as well as from Fantasyland, but it looked pretty orderly. After the dining package, the CMs were good about shooing everyone out. I overheard one younger woman saying to another-I was expecting it to be harder, but the guests are agreeing to move!

We had RBT dining package tonight and we're definitely in a separate location than BB. BB was front and center. RBT was to the right, in front of Pirates, and Hungry Bear was to the left of BB. There were regular fastpass people sitting just to the right of us, though that area was packed full well before I ever entered my spot at 8:00.

We had RBT dining package tonight and we're definitely in a separate location than BB. BB was front and center. RBT was to the right, in front of Pirates, and Hungry Bear was to the left of BB. There were regular fastpass people sitting just to the right of us, though that area was packed full well before I ever entered my spot at 8:00.
Yup, that sounds exactly the layout I had on Saturday!

If you book a BB dinner package can you request the 2nd show of fantasmic? We only have 1 weekend night to see both the fireworks and fantasmic but would still like to be able to sit down and have a good view of the show ( espically as children will be tired by then )

I was asked what showing I wanted my fastpass for

I am curious if how they seat guests has to do with if a section is "sold out" or not. If BB is not sold out they mix if it is they keep it separate.

You can't request a show time but your show time is based on your meal time. For example, I had 8:30 dinner at BB and they gave me the second show.

I am curious if how they seat guests has to do with if a section is "sold out" or not. If BB is not sold out they mix if it is they keep it separate.

Someone further upthread said that right before the show started, they let HB people in to sit behind them. I'm guessing they will never leave an area empty so long as there is such a high demand for the show (which there will be for the next year or so).

I feel like if I pay so much for BB reserved seating then they should really wait until last minute to let anyone else in, if at all. And when they do, make sure no one sneaks up and blocks another BB paying customer's view.

I have just the opposite problem...I am booked at RBT but now would like to switch to BB. Of course, since we go in just three short weeks, BB is now booked. From everything I have been reading it should be a great show either way. Since we will be seeing this on our last night, I am crossing my fingers it's not canceled at the last minute.

I was just able to make a reservation at BB, less than one week out. It was previously fully booked. Keep checking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter