Fantasmic--do you have to stand?

dizzneebabe

SOME IMAGINATION!!!
DVC Silver
Am I understanding this correctly--there is no seating for Fantasmic unless I pay for it??? Holy cow--that's a long time to wait and watch holding a little one. How do you see over everyone's head? The short clip I saw of it on disneyland.com shows the crowd at least 5 or 6 deep.

I guess we're just spoiled from MGM-having theater seating.

Someone please offer suggestions or my 10 and 12 yr olds will have my head! :sad2:

Actually there is "seating" but it is on the ground. There are basically two sections the front section you must sit on the ground, this can be as you said 5 to 6 people "deep". Then they put a second section for late comers that is standing room only, this can be three to four people deep.

My best suggestions is that if you are going when there are two showings, go to the second one. Make your way to The river front at about 9:25, when the fire works begin. Then once the first show gets up (usually after the fireworks), move in to take their spaces. This is the best way to see the show with the least amount of wait.

Go over by the haunted mansion when the first show is ending, as that is a much easier way to get into the area (all the cms will be pushing people away from the fantasmic area as it is clearing out)

Another tip.. if you are late arriving to the area for Fantasmic you still can have an awesome view!
There are HUGE light towers near the railings sourrounding the "seating" areas. They are at ground level at first- and you think no way would I see anything here.. but wait.. moments before the show starts the towers go way up and tadaaa you now have a gorgeous unobstructed view and you only waited 10 minutes before show time :) You do need to stand but at least it is a very short wait time! My guys (11 and 8 last yr) were able to see the show just fine from this area and other areas that are nearby.

2nd showing has less crowds - take the train around to NOS, hang around by the station and move in when the crowd lessens.

We just got back this week. I don't now if this will help anyone or not. But they do have two showings of the show one around 9pm and the other at 1030pm. The 1030pm showing is alot less crowed than the earlier show.

it has worked for us the past 2 times(the last one being about 4 weeks ago).
Plan on seeing the later show...Usually at 10:30pm. Go to the River Belle Terrace restaurant at about 9:30 (no later), go into the RBT thru the door near Tarzans Treehouse/Indiana Jones. Go to the door on the other side of the restaurant that exits to the patio. The CM will make you wait there until the patio clears out from the 1st showing. When the CM allows you to pass, go to the patio and choose your favorite table to have a PERFECT view of the show. We always get a snack (after securing a table). We sit and relax and talk until showtime. Since it is late, and we had been at the parks all day, it was a nice break for all of us. My kids are old enough thet they went off to ride POTC during the wait. pirate: We spent about $20.00 on snacks for our group. So it was ALOT cheaper than balcony seating. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter