Fantasmic Has Finally Returned!!

We're going down first week of December. How likely is it that we'll be able to see Fantasmic if we get in line 2 hours before the show? We don't care about seating.

We're going down first week of December. How likely is it that we'll be able to see Fantasmic if we get in line 2 hours before the show? We don't care about seating.
Are there 2 shows when you’re thinking of going and, if so, would you be going to the first or 2nd? I think your chances are probably best for a day with 2 showings and if you go to the 2nd show.

As of right now, every day only has one show.
If it stays one show your odds go down, especially considering how early people are trying to line up. I would keep an eye on it to see if it changes to the 2 shows a day they have right now, and go on one of those days. On 12/4 HS closes at 8, so the one show will probably be it for that day. Good luck to you!

After seeing the long lines on You Tube, I am so glad I have the Dining Packages for December 6 and December 9. 🎄🎄🎄🎄
so excited. ❤️❤️❤️

Do the Fantasmic dinner package guests have a separate entrance line other than that long one stretching for miles?
In the past they did. Since the dinner packages don’t start until November 30, we won’t know for sure until then how they’ll handle it now.

In the past they did. Since the dinner packages don’t start until November 30, we won’t know for sure until then how they’ll handle it now.
@DisneyNDecember

Also head over to F! Early and look for the sign for check in before crowds show up so you can find where to go. It’s a bit confusing when it’s dark out. I try to go in the daylight so I know where to go later.

After seeing the long lines on You Tube, I am so glad I have the Dining Packages for December 6 and December 9. 🎄🎄🎄🎄
so excited. ❤️❤️❤️

Do the Fantasmic dinner package guests have a separate entrance line other than that long one stretching for miles?
I have the dinner package for Dec 4- so I hope they do. I remember going once and we entered the theater by Oscar's Service Station by the park entrance and another time by Beauty and the Beast entrance.

looking at that crowd makes me 🤢🤢🤢🤢 we are heading to wdw 3rd week of January for 10 days, have 2 days planned for HS hoping things have settled down by then and we can see Fantasmic without waiting in a massive crowd. ADRs open next week for our trip, hoping to get a dining package

I watched it on YouTube. I'd say it's an improvement, because the new Aladdin sequence is more entertaining than the Pocahantas sequence it replaced.

I got a little misty eyed; seeing Fantasmic! back, even if only in a fan video, was definitely a nostalgia trip. That's while waiting for our actual trip next May.

I think we'll go for one of the dining packages. No way we're going to waste two hours waiting in line during our precious few 4-5 Disney days.

Does anyone know what happened to ride wait times before/during the show?

Last edited:
So unfortunately for us, having not been in 13 years, the dining packages don’t start until November 30 and our last day is the 21st. We have always done the dining package. Will they add this to Genie+? Or ILL? Will this work if we are hopping from another park that day? What time should we get there if it starts at 8? How can I minimize DH having to stand since he has a bad back? It’s one of his favorites and this is a special trip for us with some milestone BDs. Any suggestions welcome!
I can't answer the other questions, but you can rent a wheelchair for DH. And they have designated wheelchair viewing areas at the show.

Does anyone know what the wait times were over the weekend? I think we’ll see them lessen as time progresses. Fantasmic has often included some sort of wait but I’m not sure 2 hours was the norm.

I tried looking on Thrill-Data as it’s normally my go-to for wait times but unfortunately the info on there isn’t beneficial at this time as it doesn’t seem to be tracking actual wait times for Fantasmic.

I watched it on YouTube. I'd say it's an improvement, because the new Aladdin sequence is more entertaining than the Pocahantas sequence it replaced.

I got a little misty eyed; seeing Fantasmic! back, even if only in a fan video, was definitely a nostalgia trip. That's while waiting for our actual trip next May.

I think we'll go for one of the dining packages. No way we're going to waste two hours waiting in line during our precious few 4-5 Disney days.

Does anyone know what happened to ride wait times before/during the show?

I was watching wait times for the rides on the 3rd and they surprisingly didn’t change much. However I think so many people there were just bloggers only there to watch F! And not do rides. It will probably take more days to see what happens going forward with ride times. It is sucking a lot of people out of lines

Has anyone gone to the 9:30 pm show yet? We will be at Epcot for Eat to the Beat tonight and wondered if we should try to race over to Studios afterwards for the 9:30 Fantasmic. But won't want to do it if it is crazy busy like the early showing.

Has anyone gone to the 9:30 pm show yet? We will be at Epcot for Eat to the Beat tonight and wondered if we should try to race over to Studios afterwards for the 9:30 Fantasmic. But won't want to do it if it is crazy busy like the early showing.
We went to the 9:30pm show on 11/4 and got to Sunset Blvd around 8:30pm. There was a bit of delay getting everyone into the ampitheater after the 1st show (I think the show started 10-15 mins late) so we were probably standing in the crush of people for at least 45-60 mins which was pretty brutal after a full day at DHS. We got great seats right in the middle (maybe 5th row), but I don't think the theater even filled all the way, so we could have probably showed up right at 9:30pm and still got a seat on one of the end sections. Good luck if you go!

I am assuming the answer to my question is no, but asking anyway.

Does Fantasmic happen on the rain?

Does Fantasmic happen on the rain?
I’m pretty sure the answer is no, though haven’t been in a few years.
We paid for the dining package. It started raining about 15 minutes before the show was to start and they announced it was canceled. No alternate provided. And that was the only day we were there so we were just out of luck.

I just watched 2 full show videos of Fantasmic! - one zoomed in and the other a more wide screen view and OMG I was so excited & happy! I cried happy tears - and realize I will need to desensitize myself for my Dec trip so I can see the entire thing without tearing up! I will be at WDW for 11 days - 10 of which I could venture over to see it - I've made 1 lunch reservation for 2 guests (I'm solo, but I could invite a family member that lives near WDW or call dining to let them know I'm a party of 1) - Also - since I'm an ECV user that remains in the ECV I may just risk the line for it. I'm waiting to read more about experience people are having with the package as well as just in stand by (or sit by in my case). I am so glad it's back!

My daughter works at HS, she went last night and got in line at 9:00 and walked in for the 9:30 show without a problem. Hoping the mad rush was just for the first night.
We saw it with her during a cast preview nd it was awesome!

I’m pretty sure the answer is no, though haven’t been in a few years.
We paid for the dining package. It started raining about 15 minutes before the show was to start and they announced it was canceled. No alternate provided. And that was the only day we were there so we were just out of luck.
Just curious. Did they refund you the difference in price between the regular meal and the dining package cost? I have a H&V regular reservation for our trip in Dec. I was hoping to upgrade it to the Show package when the packages were announced but had no availability for my date. But there was definitely a difference in price, though I forget the exact amount. Wondering if they refund that difference if the show doesn't happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter