Fantasmic! Information and shared experiences!

Does it let you know that you are making a reservation for the second show? Or do you just pick a later time?
Yes, it shows the time of the reservation, and which show it is for.
When I booked, there were 2 options.
11:20am BB for 2nd show.
4:20pm BB for 1st show.
It seems like the reservation times would coincide more with the opposite show times, but those were my only choices.

So what happens to that seating area for the second show? Do they open it up for general public?
Disney giving us stuff for free? HA! Good one. No, they simply extend the space for Hungry Bear and River Belle.

We start making our reservations in a weeks time. Still not seeing that October has opened for blue bayou fantasmic.. ugh

I’m pretty irritated that so far it doesn’t look like Fantasmic! is running on Tuesdays in October (no dining packages available). It did in 2019, which is the last time the show was running. I really hope this changes. With how busy Disneyland gets in October, and the fact that OBB is also happening most of those days, it doesn’t make sense not to run it.

I’m pretty irritated that so far it doesn’t look like Fantasmic! is running on Tuesdays in October (no dining packages available). It did in 2019, which is the last time the show was running. I really hope this changes. With how busy Disneyland gets in October, and the fact that OBB is also happening most of those days, it doesn’t make sense not to run it.
From what I can see, park hours are only available up until September 16th. Perhaps once October hours are released, we will know when Fantasmic will be running.

From what I can see, park hours are only available up until September 16th. Perhaps once October hours are released, we will know when Fantasmic will be running.
I hope so, I am going off of dining packages being released which should be available 60 days in advance. For example, I made WOC Dessert Party reservations for October already.

Fri, Sat and Sunday first weekend in October only had fantasmic dining packages for Hungry Bear and River Belle premium. Those options were not available for Mon thru Thursday. Right now it looks like Fantasmic will not run Mon - Thu. Standard Blue Bayou and River Belle fantasmic packages have not been available for the first weekend in October.

Fri, Sat and Sunday first weekend in October only had fantasmic dining packages for Hungry Bear and River Belle premium. Those options were not available for Mon thru Thursday. Right now it looks like Fantasmic will not run Mon - Thu. Standard Blue Bayou and River Belle fantasmic packages have not been available for the first weekend in October.
Yeah, that was what I was saying. But I’m hoping it changes. 🤷🏻‍♂️

How is the view from hungry bear viewing?

I’m getting nervous that the blue bayou package isn’t being offered in October or will randomly drop and I’ll miss it. They didn’t release it for the first weekend in October yet. I’m planning to watch the reservations closely but plan to make hungry bear as a back up. We’ve only ever done the blue bayou.

How is the view from hungry bear viewing?

I’m getting nervous that the blue bayou package isn’t being offered in October or will randomly drop and I’ll miss it. They didn’t release it for the first weekend in October yet. I’m planning to watch the reservations closely but plan to make hungry bear as a back up. We’ve only ever done the blue bayou.
I feel like the three dining package areas are VERY similar. Yes, BB is the most center, but HB and RB are just to either side. You can literally sit with your shoulder touching the BB folks as a HB or RB package. I would base it off where you most want to eat/cost rather than view as imo, they're basically all the same.

This was my view from the Hungry Bear section right against the railing in 2019. I think it's an excellent alternative to Blue Bayou.
IG-3801.jpg

Yes, it shows the time of the reservation, and which show it is for.
When I booked, there were 2 options.
11:20am BB for 2nd show.
4:20pm BB for 1st show.
It seems like the reservation times would coincide more with the opposite show times, but those were my only choices.
So everything at BB after 4:30pm would just be for a normal dinner?

Unless you specifically book a fantasmic dining package reservation, it will be normal Blue Bayou. When I did the chat feature on Sunday, I was told they might open up anytime or you could book Blue Bayou and hope you could upgrade. I booked both Blue Bayou and River Belle premium fantasmic for Sunday the 2nd and we will make a decision as we get closer and see what happens. Whatever we decide to drop will try and setup a switch for someone here to grab.
1659787205187.png
If the fantasmic packages open for BB and you grab a lunch you can ask the server for the later tickets. You can also ask your server for the earlier tickets, but they might not have any available if you eat later.

Does anyone here know if I need to pick up my Huntry Bear food at the reservation time?

That day we are staying at DVC at the Grand, and have the Plaza Inn dining package at 1pm and Hungry Bear dining package at 7pm.

Our plan for the day is rides early, Plaza Inn lunch, back to hotel pool, return to park for MSEP, fireworks, then Fantasmic.

Could we pick up the Hungry Bear food right after lunch and get our voucher, then take the Hungry Bear food back to the room with us? And still get the voucher for second Fantasmic viewing. It might streamline our day a little- when we re-enter DL in the evening, we’d go directly to the parade viewing area.

OK so -- tomorrow morning will be my first attempt to book BB Fantasmic;* when you see the reservations drop at 6:00 a.m. Pacific, are the options listed separately, as in Blue Bayou (Dinner and/or specific time), and Blue Bayou Fantasmic! Dining Package? I know I'll only have a few seconds to hit the right one, and it's making me so nervous!

-----------
* I know we're speculating that they won't run it on Thursdays in October, but I'm gonna try just on the off chance; gonna book BB for Thursday regardless to make sure we get to go there, period, then try again for BB F! on Friday and release the original rez if I succeed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter