Fantasmic- Yay or Nay?

Fantasmic- Yay or Nay

• Yes, it's not to be missed

• No, it's not a must see

• Other- (please add your thoughts in thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have loved, loved, loved this show ever since it began. It is an absolute must to see each time I go. If I go for a week, I like to go at least twice. As for using FP+ to get in, I wouldn't think it necessary because as previous poster indicated, the theatre is huge and I also have never seen them turn anyone away. Whether you go early to get a "better" seat is up to you; again, I don't think it's necessary. Save your FP+s to get on the headliner rides at HS that will have much longer wait times without the pass.

For just myself and DH, no it's not a must see. We went on several trips before DS was born where we skipped it because we don't find it worth the hassle. Now that DS is older and can appreciate it, we gave it a chance this past May and he really loved it! I enjoyed it more just watching him light up and get excited over the characters. I just wish it didn't require such a big committment of time to see it.

I put other.

I think everyone should go to the firework/shows at least once or twice because it's kind of an iconic experience at WDW. But I have seen it both times in conjunction with a meal. I'm not sure I would make a special trip just to wait in the stand by line to see it again.

So if you have the time then I say go see it. If you don't feel like waiting or there is still other stuff to do then hang on to it for another trip.

Sounds like I'm in the minority here, but a Fantasmic refurb would cause us to cancel a trip. For us it's the single best show in all of WDW.

Agreed. We LOVE Fantasmic. I could take or leave Wishes, and I don't really like Illuminations, but I'll always go to Fantasmic. I wouldn't waste a fp on it though. Just not worth it, especially if there are at least 2 shows.

We aren't big fans, so I voted in the "no" category. We have seen it twice (2001 and 2005). My girls never did enjoy it much.

Going at least once is probably a good idea. It's obviously not a bad show, it's just not something that my family likes enough to make a tradition each visit.

We're big fans of the Fantasmic dinner package. After all, we eat at the dining spots offered and enjoy seeing the show...no hassle...guaranteed seating...what's not to like;)

If people want to see it, then go ... If others don't, they can go back to the resort or ride rides :)

I'm trying to figure out whether it's worth it to see Fantasmic during our visit. My mother, who has treated us to the trip, saw it about 8 years ago and said it was hokey and didn't understand the hype. Has it changed since then, or is she being a Disney Scrooge?
The show hasn't changed since your mother saw it. The show is good but it does have some slow moving parts, in my opinion.

There will be showings at 6:30, 8, and 10 during our visit, and I'm assuming the last show will be a better option as far as crowds.

We'll be eating at 50sPT at either 4:10 or 8:15, so if we want the last show we'd have to choose the first reservation time.
The last show will be less crowded. If you don't really care whether or not you see it, then you could go ahead with your 8:15pm dinner reservation. Then head over to Fantasmic when you are finished eating if the show hasn't started yet. We have walked into the theater just minutes before the show started and got good seats when it was the last show of the night. If you don't really care if you see the show or not then nothing is lost if your dinner takes too long or the show is filled up.

Will lines be just as long - I see suggestions of lining up an hour before- even if there are 3 shows?
I wouldn't think that you'd have to line up that early for the third show. You can also try to get a fourth fast pass for that show.

Is there anything additional or different during the show for the holidays?

Thanks for your help.
No, they don't do anything special for the holidays. :(

Surprisingly enough we've only seen it once. I loved it and have a FP+ for it on our upcoming trip.

I would say that's a must-see at least once. It's a wonderful presentation in true Disney fashion and spirit, and can't see how anyone would not enjoy the show.

We come from the west coast so only get to DW about every 3-4 years, usually get the dinner package, and we look forward to seeing Fantasmic every trip.

:goodvibes

Agreed. We LOVE Fantasmic. I could take or leave Wishes, and I don't really like Illuminations, but I'll always go to Fantasmic. I wouldn't waste a fp on it though. Just not worth it, especially if there are at least 2 shows.

I agree with the above. I have only been to wdw 2 times & saw it both times. We are planning to see it again on our upcoming trip. We haven't been to wdw in 5 years, but have been to DL 3 times in the past 5 years. I'm looking forward to seeing the last show of the evening, but not buying a dinner package or lining up extremely early. We are just a group of 2 and prefer to be toward the top also.

Have fun & I vote yes, do give it a try because you never know!

It was my absolute favorite show of any of the ones we saw. We were there 11 days, so we saw pretty much everything - Wishes, Illuminations, La Nouba. None of these could compare to Fantasmic. Loved it! We had the dining package so we were on the front row right in the center. Perfect seats.

We've seen a lot, and heard from lots of people about "can't miss" shows, like the Hoop de do (not a repeater in my book) but this one is a must see. Every time. We love it. The pre-show crowd warming is usually fun too...contests and jokes and getting the crowd to do the wave...

Enjoy

Fantasmic at Disneyland is very nostalgic for me since the first time I went to DL I was in high school and went with my high school choir for magic music days. We got to go backstage at Toon Town and learn the Fantasmic music! :)

It isn't a must do on every trip, but I do enjoy it when we have been able to see it. I would go simply because you haven't seen it before and you might really enjoy it!

We LOVE Fantasmic! It's our absolute favorite out of all three of the firework/closing shows. And when we've been with my sister and MIL they agreed as well. I'm always scratching my head a bit in confusion when I hear people who don't care for it. We never miss it.

Guess im in the minority here. I thought Fantasmic sucked. There, I said it. :snooty:
I left halfway thru. It was a waste of time. My son didnt like it either. :confused3

I saw the show for the first time in 17 years last friday, and it confirmed why i hadnt seen it in that long. We were not fans... The best part of it was the pre-show entertainment (which ive heard isnt there every showing). I desperately needs updating and i feel like its missing a plot...

But if you havent seen it before, I suggest going once and checking it out.

I've never been a big fan of Fantasmic - much preferring Wishes as my nighttime must-do show. I guess it's probably because I've never had a decent seat... got too close the first time and got wet. Got stuck in the middle of a Brazilian tour group one time. Then had a time where we stood because it was standing room only.

The last two trips we've skipped it altogether. No big loss as far as I'm concerned.

I did notice that Fantasmic is showing twice one of the nights we'll be there next month during evening EMH. Maybe we'll give it a try again. Any advice on whether we should go to the early showing or late showing? Which will be less crowded?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter