Fantasmic

Rhonda922

Freakin Family Guy is Freakin Awesome!<br><font co
Hi -

I'm debating what to do....We're leaving in 11 days for WDW and I want to see Fantasmic while there. I'm wondering if I'll need to make a reservation for the Fantasmic dinner package (although I'd really rather just eat wherever we want) in order to guarantee a seat for the show. But since we'll be there at an "off" time I'm wondering if the package will really be necessary.

You shouldn't have a problem getting seating 30 -45 min b4 showtime during off-season. Plus, you can always have a snack while you're waiting - they sell Hot Dogs, etc... (but bring cash - no room charge or credit cards accepted).

Plan on getting there at least an hour ahead of time - even during "off season." We were there in Sept. and the crowds were very small everyday in every park. However, when we arrived at Fantasmic on a Thursday night about 45 minutes before the show, it was packed. We ended up sitting in the next to the last section (furthest away as you enter). Next time, we will be there an hour to an hour & a half early.

Once seated for Fantasmic - are you allowed to exit the theatre to go get food? Would my DD's be allowed in later than us if they go on a ride and then come in for the show?

I did the dinner package twice last year, Thu Oct 31 and Sat Dec 14. Both times the theater turned out to be about 70% full; in other words you could have walked in at showtime and sat down in regular seating. So don't let anyone tell you that it always fills even in the off-season.

On the other hand if you don't get a dinner package it will probably fill 45 minutes early! You can't win unless you have expert info on Fantasmic attendance patterns.

I don't regret doing the package at all in spite of not "needing" it. At Hollywood and Vine it's really only $1 extra if that (15% gratuity added on; I'd ordinarily give 10% at a buffet). That's not much for peace of mind.

When we went in May of 99 (a long time ago, I know ;) ) there was a kind of pre-show stand up thing with these two guys. The time went by really fast. :)

The preshow type of stuff ended a while back. I've never seen that theatre 30% empty, let alone 5% empty. I know that when I go I nurmally get there an hour ahead of time to get a pretty good seat. The last time that I went 30 minutes before the show I ended up in the very last section toward the bottom.

If you do the dinner package you will be seated in the far right 2 sections of the arena. They aren't bad seats I've sat there before they had the dinner package and they are pretty good seats. There really isn't a bad seat in the house due to them duplicating some of the stuff in multiple areas.

Maybe I was just lucky, but by 70% full I meant that three out the ten sections were empty! Special circumstances may have been at work:
-- On Oct 31 MNSSHP was a big draw at MK
-- On Dec 14 (Sat) there were two Spectromagic parades at MK, and two Fantasmic shows at MGM. We went to the early one (6:00).

after our first time, whenever we have gone to see fantasmic we have used the dinner plan...we eat at hollywood and vine...nice buffet with a good selection...we have done the plan and shown up to find the theater with some open seating and then other times we have shown up to find it packed...
the way i see it, you have to eat anyway (i can only take so much counter service) so you might as well sit down and enjoy the meal and then have piece of mind that you don't need to queue up an hour before show time to get a seat...
have fun!!!!
sunking

We have never had a problem getting seating in offseason.

Even in June and December--if you go to the last show. Last month we got there about 30 minutes before the show.

I think sitting in the Mickey section is over rated. Jules and I waited for over an hour in June 2000, so we could sit in Mickey. We couldn't see any better than when we sat in the outer sections.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter