Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise 8/2/14 - 8/9/14

:banana: We are staying at All Star Movies Resort, went value pricing since we will be at the Parks all day and just needed a bed!!

AK question....is Kilamangaro Safari the MUST do to see the animals?? It sounds like it from the name, but I don't want it to be a roller coaster and not see the animals???

MK question....Enchanted tales with Belle?? what is this??? ALSO, from the pictures, I thought the seven dwarves mine train was a revamped Thunder Mountain, but I must be wrong....does it compare??

THANK YOU :yay:

:banana: We are staying at All Star Movies Resort, went value pricing since we will be at the Parks all day and just needed a bed!! AK question....is Kilamangaro Safari the MUST do to see the animals?? It sounds like it from the name, but I don't want it to be a roller coaster and not see the animals??? MK question....Enchanted tales with Belle?? what is this??? ALSO, from the pictures, I thought the seven dwarves mine train was a revamped Thunder Mountain, but I must be wrong....does it compare?? THANK YOU :yay:

Staying on property gives you the extra magic hours. Check them out.
Safari - yes animals. Lots of them. Also do the trails, which are walking, and you will see even more. You can also take the train out to conservation station and if you are lucky in a weekday you might see staff caring for an animal. We have seen various procedures

I have not rode the mine train yet. From everything I heard it is a cool ride. It is not Thunder Mountain redo

I am here to answer any other questions.

Staying on property gives you the extra magic hours. Check them out.
Safari - yes animals. Lots of them. Also do the trails, which are walking, and you will see even more. You can also take the train out to conservation station and if you are lucky in a weekday you might see staff caring for an animal. We have seen various procedures

I have not rode the mine train yet. From everything I heard it is a cool ride. It is not Thunder Mountain redo

I am here to answer any other questions.

The Extra Magic Hours can be somewhat problematic. Most of the time the park with the EMH will also be the most crowded park, thus reducing your ability to do everything you want. I tend to avoid the EMH parks entirely, and try to be there as close to rope drop as possible.

If you arrive at Epcot at rope drop, head to Soarin' and ride that first thing. Then use your FP+ for Test Track. Or, if you don't mind riding by yourself, then do Test Track in the single rider line - it's much faster. Then you can use your FP+ a bit more efficiently.

Mission Space is one of my favorites, but it IS pretty intense.

:cool1:Hi Everyone, I need help from my WDW peeps. The last time I was at WDW was in 1989, yes, that dates me a bit. Anyways, I need Fast Pass help. I got an email saying we could pick our fast pass stuff. SO, what do I pick. Are there any "must do" rides?? We will be going to MK, AK and Epcot. The only thing that "I think" I have read is the tram for AK is a must do fast pass item. Anything else??? :confused3 If you ever need Disneyland help, I am your go to girl, but for WDW, I am a NEWBIE!!! THANKS A BUNCH!!! :worship:

I am so glad you asked this, Teri!
We did WDW 5 years ago, and FP+ didn't exist then. I was trying to figure out what to do.
Turtle Talk in WDW is the same as in DCA. Tower of Terror is a little different and if you like the one in DCA, then do the one in DHS. The mountains are the same as DL and still fun!

And, I can help with DLR, also. :)

Like everyone has said, 7 Dwarves is a totally new train in the totally renovated and enlarged Fantasyland. It is right next to the Little Mermaid ride that you guys have in CA. Enchanted Tales with Belle is on the other side and is an interactive storytelling of the Beauty & the Beast story with Belle and some of her magical friends. It is something you need to do at least once and try not to find out too much about it beforehand, let it be a surprise. Due to the capacity, the line stacks up quick so get a FP + or go first thing in the morning or late evening. I would also stop by Gaston's Tavern while you are over there and grab a LeFou's Brew...yummy stuff!

Another hidden gem for me is Sleepy Hollow Tavern over to the left of the castle on the way to Liberty Square area, they have fresh waffle sandwiches...my all time favorite Disney food is the waffle with nutella and fresh fruit. Wish I had one right now.

Kilamanjaro is the animal ride and I hear they are more active in the cooler morning temperatures.

I am getting so excited! My fabric came in for my fish extender, can't wait to work on it.

Any suggestions for pirate night wardrobe? I don't want to break the bank, but I do want to join in the fun with the whole family.

We just get piraty looking shirts. The cruise line gives you Mickey pirate bandanas. Then just an eye patch or something is enough to join in the fun!

Like everyone has said, 7 Dwarves is a totally new train in the totally renovated and enlarged Fantasyland. It is right next to the Little Mermaid ride that you guys have in CA. Enchanted Tales with Belle is on the other side and is an interactive storytelling of the Beauty & the Beast story with Belle and some of her magical friends. It is something you need to do at least once and try not to find out too much about it beforehand, let it be a surprise. Due to the capacity, the line stacks up quick so get a FP + or go first thing in the morning or late evening. I would also stop by Gaston's Tavern while you are over there and grab a LeFou's Brew...yummy stuff! Another hidden gem for me is Sleepy Hollow Tavern over to the left of the castle on the way to Liberty Square area, they have fresh waffle sandwiches...my all time favorite Disney food is the waffle with nutella and fresh fruit. Wish I had one right now. Kilamanjaro is the animal ride and I hear they are more active in the cooler morning temperatures. I am getting so excited! My fabric came in for my fish extender, can't wait to work on it.

Thanks! I wonder if Enchanted Tales is similar to the show at DL with Belle retelling her story in a vaudeville way. It is very entertaining. There is a Tangled one also, but I haven't seen it yet. Thanks for the food tip, Nutella and waffles... :)

I need to stop thinking about our trip and finish grading papers. We still have 13 more days of school left. I NEED summer break to be here!!!

I just made my pirate shirt today, transferred a pirate Minnie onto the front. :cool1: I am in the process right now of ripping the sleeves and adding beads.

I have read on forums that they are :sad2: not handing out the Mickey bandanas like they have done in the past. People have gone to Guest services to get them.

We made our Fast Pass choices today, :yay: so that is done. Doing the safari between 9 and 10am. I thought that is a great time because they should be active and not napping yet. Picked mostly roller coasters.

We arrive on Monday. Tuesday we will go to MK, Wednesday AK, Thursday Epcot, then on Friday it is a free for all, we will go wherever we want. I know that I will return to Epcot, but the others may go back to MK. :dance3:

This is a small list!!!!
Is there any way we can get the word out?
Where is everyone!!!! :yay::yay:

We also have a Facebook group for the cruise:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/280721952075986/

Some folks have joined us through the DIS, others have come from the FB link. We have two groups for FE so far, and we have about 24 folks signed up for a private mixology class for the adults. The link for mixology is on the second tab in the FE spreadsheet.

This is a small list!!!!
Is there any way we can get the word out?
Where is everyone!!!! :yay::yay:

Hi, Fluffybunnyfeet! The problem with the FE stems from the early members of this meet group (of whom I am one.) Many of us, myself included, feared the FE list becoming unmanageably large. We made a group decision to close the first list at 15 cabins. We next created a second list for those came to the meet thread later. That is list 2.

Thus far, list 2 only has four cabins listed. Some of us on list 1 may add ourselves to list 2. Personally, I'm considering it, but also waiting to see how "big" list 2 becomes in the next month. The original FE members also agreed to close all FE additions as of June 30, 2014 so that FE members could adequately plan and purchase their FE gifts.

I hope this brief history lesson is helpful. I'm hopeful that List 2 will grow. The reason it is currently so small is because it IS List 2.

Link to List 1:
https://docs.google.com/a/kohne.org...EyV2xMMTNfNEV0ajh3VDdYR2c&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Link to List 2:

https://docs.google.com/a/kohne.org...EyV2xMMTNfNEV0ajh3VDdYR2c&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Hi, Fluffybunnyfeet! The problem with the FE stems from the early members of this meet group (of whom I am one.) Many of us, myself included, feared the FE list becoming unmanageably large. We made a group decision to close the first list at 15 cabins. We next created a second list for those came to the meet thread later. That is list 2.

Thus far, list 2 only has four cabins listed. Some of us on list 1 may add ourselves to list 2. Personally, I'm considering it, but also waiting to see how "big" list 2 becomes in the next month. The original FE members also agreed to close all FE additions as of June 30, 2014 so that FE members could adequately plan and purchase their FE gifts.

I hope this brief history lesson is helpful. I'm hopeful that List 2 will grow. The reason it is currently so small is because it IS List 2.

Link to List 1:

Link to List 2:

I don't want to step on any toes, but the links posted are both for group one that is closed. Here is the link for group 2 which has 11 cabins in it....https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aut7ZpyujxgudEd5cEZrWnFjSmpHdWkyUng4UHNOaEE#gid=0
A couple of us have joined the second group also. :cheer2:

Happy Friday Everyone:cool1::cool1::cool1:

My family will be leaving for the cruise 8 weeks from today:goodvibes

Today I pulled my youngest DD out of school to complete her renewal of her passport only to get to the Post Office and be told that we needed an appointment:confused3

Going tomorrow to my neighborhood Post Office which requires no appointments. We had to wait because I picked up my wife from work due to the fact that both parents had to be present for a 14 year old and they treat youth renewals like first time passports, minus one fee.

I hate waiting to the last minute:scared1:

Passports are taking 4-6 weeks right now in the Philadelphia area.

Joe

I just made my pirate shirt today, transferred a pirate Minnie onto the front. :cool1: I am in the process right now of ripping the sleeves and adding beads.

I have read on forums that they are :sad2: not handing out the Mickey bandanas like they have done in the past. People have gone to Guest services to get them.

We made our Fast Pass choices today, :yay: so that is done. Doing the safari between 9 and 10am. I thought that is a great time because they should be active and not napping yet. Picked mostly roller coasters.

We arrive on Monday. Tuesday we will go to MK, Wednesday AK, Thursday Epcot, then on Friday it is a free for all, we will go wherever we want. I know that I will return to Epcot, but the others may go back to MK. :dance3:

Teri, you are so crafty! I loved Epcot - would put that on the list for two days. We also were delighted with "Enchanted Tales with Belle" - its an interactive experience that was really fun. If you get in early I'd do that first, because it is a slow-moving line.
We are staying at one of the Nemo family suites at "Art of Animation" and going to HS on Friday the 1st, because we didn't make it there on our last visit. I'm so looking forward to it!

This is our first Disney Cruise and we have heard a lot about fish extenders from friends of ours who cruise Disney often! I'd like to add our info...There are four of us - Nick (39), me (40), Shaun (8) and Kayla (4). I tried to add our info to the spreadsheet - Did I do it correctly because I got confused with the two different spread sheets!

This is our first Disney Cruise and we have heard a lot about fish extenders from friends of ours who cruise Disney often! I'd like to add our info...There are four of us - Nick (39), me (40), Shaun (8) and Kayla (4). I tried to add our info to the spreadsheet - Did I do it correctly because I got confused with the two different spread sheets!

YAY :yay: Welcome to the Fish Extender group, I noticed that you did not put your room number on the sheet, do you have it yet or are you a GTY???? We have a FB page too!! 8/2/2014 Disney Fantasy Cruise Group. :dance3:

FE ADJUSTMENT. Our group (poohbear64) has had a change. Wayne is no longer coming and has been replaced with Amy (24). PLEASE if you have already figured Wayne into the mix by making, buying or putting a name on something or a boy thing....DO NOT FRET, IT IS FINE, :thumbsup2 NO PROBLEM. I don't want to sound greedy but we will be happy :rolleyes1 to receive a Wayne item or boy item. This is a note to those that still are in the planning process and able to change to a girl. :cheer2: Thank you!!! :dance3:

:wave2: Carole74, we are also getting a group together for a Mixology class if you are interested there is a list to sign up. I am not sure of the price, I am going to guess around $20. We get to sample a few cocktails and learn how to make them. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter