Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise 8/2/14 - 8/9/14

Good evening all. I think I'll finally have a bit of time to hang out here, now that the kids are out for spring break for the next 10 days. I have lots of "homework" for their school to take care of over the next few weeks - my daughter's class is putting on a play and I have all the costumes to clean, fix, and alter; the school puts on an international day of sorts later this month, and somehow I got roped into creating the pavilion for one of the countries.

I really need to start looking into excursions and any onboard reservations we may want to make. Booking day is coming up pretty soon I think, and I haven't checked out anything yet. I feel so behind (compared to previous cruises we've taken.) Anyone been to any of our stops with suggestions?

I hope everyone is finally starting to thaw out from this crazy winter. Last weekend was totally wacky here - we had a 70 degree drop from Friday's high in the 80's to Sunday's high in the teens. Though slightly chilly today, it sure was nice walking around outside without even a jacket.

Yes, that is a good idea to make it optional. Given a choice, I'd opt out of receiving alcohol. Or if we did receive it, we could see who might want it as a "re-gift."

Funny story: We had gotten some small bottles of maple syrup. We used them all. My husband got a small bottle of Jack Daniels from somewhere. I came downstairs and found my 9 year old son about to pour it on his pancakes!

Ha - that is hilarious Alice! I wouldn't mind adding alcohol or no to the spreadsheet, although I think that just like getting any gift that may not exactly be your cup of tea - its the thought that counts.

:yay: Hi everyone!!
I hope everybody is doing well. I have booked my husband and I on a "teaser" cruise in April. It is not Disney, but we only get what California has to offer, which isn't much, so we will be going to the Mexican Riviera.

I need an FE anonymous group, I found some really great gifts for young kids today, so I am excited. :banana: I also got additional craft supplies!! Does everyone put a tag or label on the gifts saying who it is from or do you do it anonymously??

Does anyone know if Disney offers an excursion :moped: to the Space Center on the day we get back?? Our flight home doesn't leave until 7pm.

Castaway Cay....we are thinking about trying to get a cabana. Are they near the places that the kids will be playing??? Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

That is all I have today, thanks :dance3:

:yay: Hi everyone!!
I hope everybody is doing well. I have booked my husband and I on a "teaser" cruise in April. It is not Disney, but we only get what California has to offer, which isn't much, so we will be going to the Mexican Riviera.

I need an FE anonymous group, I found some really great gifts for young kids today, so I am excited. :banana: I also got additional craft supplies!! Does everyone put a tag or label on the gifts saying who it is from or do you do it anonymously??

Does anyone know if Disney offers an excursion :moped: to the Space Center on the day we get back?? Our flight home doesn't leave until 7pm.

Castaway Cay....we are thinking about trying to get a cabana. Are they near the places that the kids will be playing??? Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

That is all I have today, thanks :dance3:

Hello Teri,

Please step away from the FE's:rotfl:

If you want to go to the Space Center, it will be cheaper to rent a car from the port to the Center and then go to MCO. DCL doesn't do excursions at the end of the cruise.

Cabanas are hard to come by, they are nice to have, very expensive and ironically it is very hard to get a tan when you have one. They are located in two areas, the family beach and the adult beach. Reports have them completing four more Cabanas by the early summer on the family beach. The wife and I got one last September at Serenity Bay (Adult Beach) and would have been fine without one.

Joe

Hello Teri,

Please step away from the FE's:rotfl:

If you want to go to the Space Center, it will be cheaper to rent a car from the port to the Center and then go to MCO. DCL doesn't do excursions at the end of the cruise.

Cabanas are hard to come by, they are nice to have, very expensive and ironically it is very hard to get a tan when you have one. They are located in two areas, the family beach and the adult beach. Reports have them completing four more Cabanas by the early summer on the family beach. The wife and I got one last September at Serenity Bay (Adult Beach) and would have been fine without one.

Joe

Hi, Teri! Few thoughts: there are lots of threads about cabanas. They Are expensive, and nearly impossible to get unless you are Platinum. Plat gets to book first, then gold, etc. SOMETIMES, one may get cancelled, or be available at your booking window. The best advice is to be online at 12 pm EST (you are in LUCK on that score) and book the cabana before Anything else, including Palo/Remy. Book the cabana completely - as in check out and pay for it before you doing anything else. It can be in your "cart," but if you don't complete the transaction immediately, another cruiser can literally steal it from your cart. Once you get it (if), then go back to book restaurants, spa, etc.

If one is not available in your booking window, you can try checking back daily to see if one gets canceled.

Also, from the pictures I've seen, the cabanas are pretty far from the water's edge on the family beach, so there will be walking to and fro.

Second, the Space Center is awesome but large. If you plan to go, I'd suggest a "game plan" ahead of time. (Can you tell I'm the sort who "maps out" my WD Park trips?) In the time you are likely to have available - considering driving from port and then from NASA to the airport - car return, etc, you'll need to pick and choose the exhibits you really want to see.

Good luck!

Thanks JOY for the information, we are thinking about getting our own transportation to and from the pier. Especially the from, so we can do the NASA thing since we have all day. It looks like it would be cheaper for us to rent 2 cars then do the Disney transportation for 6 people and a ton of luggage!! :yay:

JOE, I can't step away from the FE"S, they have me in their grasp. I am also obsessed with magnets for our doors, lots of cutting!!! :rotfl2:

Thanks JOY for the information, we are thinking about getting our own transportation to and from the pier. Especially the from, so we can do the NASA thing since we have all day. It looks like it would be cheaper for us to rent 2 cars then do the Disney transportation for 6 people and a ton of luggage!! :yay:

JOE, I can't step away from the FE"S, they have me in their grasp. I am also obsessed with magnets for our doors, lots of cutting!!! :rotfl2:

Hi, Teri! Almost as soon as I posted, I realized my error. Platinum does Not get to book first. Concierge Does. There are Platinum cruisers who have complained that they have not been able to book cabanas. Wishing you Much luck.

The two car solution sounds like a Great idea. You should have plenty of room and be able to do what you want/where you want/when you want.

:hippie: Hello all of my frozen cruisemates,

I hope everyone is starting to thaw out, :hyper: are you?? It is officially going to be Spring in a few days. :laundy: I am sure you are ready. I am still waiting for Winter and at this point I will have to wait until the end of the year.

JOE, I have a favor to ask you, could you please put the favorite colors of the women in your life on the FE sheet?? I may or may not need this information for an item that I may or may not have for the FE's. :worship: Your help would be greatly appreciated for the information if needed. :yay:

I have made an executive decision regarding transportation to and from the cruise. We are going to rent cars from the WDW car care center to drive :drive: ourselves to the pier, this way we can stop and get some beverages for the cruise and go on our schedule. popcorn:: Then we will rent cars on the day of our return so we can take our own excursion to the Space Center before our plane ride home that leaves at 7pm.

This is all that I have to say today!! :cool1:

Hello everyone!

Sorry for the inactivity. I am getting my hardwood floors done and we have been partially homeless/captives in our own home for a few weeks waiting for the floors to dry:(

We now have less than 19 weeks until the cruise:cool1:

I hope everyone had a great weekend:goodvibes

Hello everyone!

Sorry for the inactivity. I am getting my hardwood floors done and we have been partially homeless/captives in our own home for a few weeks waiting for the floors to dry:(

The time is starting to fly by. Congrats on the new floors. We need to do this soon as well.

Hello everyone!

I'm sure the sacrifice will be worth it, right! :)

We are 18 days away from our Disney vacay, and we are so excited. It will be interesting to see how the fastpass+ and magic bands work out. I did get a Be Our Guest lunchtime fastpass+ time, so I'm most excited about that. The crowds will be crazy, but we know that going in, so there's no excuses not to have fun! We could still be here where it is planning to snow tomorrow at the beach AGAIN. Craziest winter ever. Once I get back, I am focusing on excursions and FE gifts. I'm making bows for my daughter and I for our trip, so if they turn out...some of the girls may be seeing them. :)

We are 18 days away from our Disney vacay, and we are so excited. It will be interesting to see how the fastpass+ and magic bands work out. I did get a Be Our Guest lunchtime fastpass+ time, so I'm most excited about that. The crowds will be crazy, but we know that going in, so there's no excuses not to have fun! We could still be here where it is planning to snow tomorrow at the beach AGAIN. Craziest winter ever. Once I get back, I am focusing on excursions and FE gifts. I'm making bows for my daughter and I for our trip, so if they turn out...some of the girls may be seeing them. :)

I am sure it will be nice to get a little FL sunshine time especially after this winter we have had here in Philly!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring that warm weather back with you!!! :thumbsup2

Just wanted to share as I am very excited! It's the little things:upsidedow

When I booked back in mid Jan, there was only late seating available and we really wanted Main Seating, we just like that better and friends I met through this site had main seating (rockstarmom) and I just wanted to be able to have both our kids on the same schedule (since they have been e-mailing each other to get to know one another)- it would be all messed up if we had different dinners. ANYWAY they put us on a wait list and we were just moved to Main dining - I am sooooo excited! Thats all - just wanted to share.:goodvibes

On the weather side, it snowed some last night - AGAIN:crazy2: but I think this is it and all the bad weather has now left us here in S Jersey/Phila areas...I hope...I need the sun:beach:

When I booked back in mid Jan, there was only late seating available and we really wanted Main Seating, we just like that better and friends I met through this site had main seating (rockstarmom) and I just wanted to be able to have both our kids on the same schedule (since they have been e-mailing each other to get to know one another)- it would be all messed up if we had different dinners. ANYWAY they put us on a wait list and we were just moved to Main dining - I am sooooo excited! Thats all - just wanted to share.:goodvibes

On the weather side, it snowed some last night - AGAIN:crazy2: but I think this is it and all the bad weather has now left us here in S Jersey/Phila areas...I hope...I need the sun:beach:

That's GREAT news!!!

Congrats on the change to Main Seating:thumbsup2

We only got less than a half of an inch of snow in Philly. I don't want to see anymore snow:wave2: A warm up is on the way and I am looking forward to starting to work out outside because I'm tired of running on a tredmill.

Have fun on your vacation:cool1::cool1:

While you are away, I will be taking a bus load of teenagers on a College Tour:scared:

We can't wait either!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter