Fantasy 7632...Vibration Issues?

skiergirl4

Mouseketeer
We will be cruising on the Fantasy this summer in a deluxe family ocean view with veranda (7632), and I have read on the boards that the Fantasy has aft vibration issues.

What type of problems typically occur with this on the Fantasy? Noise? Feeling the vibration? Both? Other issues?

Are the problems only at the very back of the ship? Our stateroom looks to be between aft and midship, so I was wondering how significant the vibration might be there.

I’ve looked at the stateroom reviews, but haven’t seen any reviews on wdwinfo for 7632 on the Fantasy.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited:
We were just on the Fantasy Feb 24 cruise, cabin 7194 , dead center aft with a verandah off the back. We had very noticeable vibrations at slower speeds, and when turning and slowing. our whole cabin shook. It was so bad that it woke all of us up when the captain turned us into the pc channel the last morning at 5 am. The shuddering continued all the way until we docked.

As a point of reference - we live near a quarry, and it was similar to the shaking when the quarry would blast, but steadier and more drawn out. Or similar to a long drawn out thunder rumble...

We sailed on the Fantasy on February 17th and had cabins 7650/7652/ and 7654. We felt a little vibration but never felt like the whole cabin was shaking and no one in our group had trouble sleeping. Enjoy your cruise,

We were recently on the Fantasy in 7662 and 7664 and don't recall any vibration issues. You should be fine! We love being aft, we love deck 7, and we love that side of the ship! Enjoy your cruise!!

We were in that exact room (7632) on the Fantasy in August 2017, and had zero issues with vibrations.

Yep, that room will be fine. On our Fantasy Cruise, we were in 7668, and the 2-3 rooms on either side of us, and us, had such bad vibrations that we couldnt sleep. These were not the docking vibrations, it was anytime the ship went above 21knots. It got so bad, we eventually had the Chief Engineer come to our room and admitted that the Fantasy has a problem. It was so bad, the towel animal would vibrate apart each night before we were able to get back to the room.

George

Is it just the Fantasy? We just booked forward rooms on the dream because we had such bad vibration issues on the Fantasy in an aft room in 2015.

Is it just the Fantasy? We just booked forward rooms on the dream because we had such bad vibration issues on the Fantasy in an aft room in 2015.
Yes, the vibration issue is just on the Fantasy. She's had the problem almost since she entered service.

There are terrible vibrations AFT on The Wonder as well. We shook all the time, but more noticeably at top speeds in room 7620. It's a known problem based on the wood shims inserted around the ceiling perimeter.

Thank you to everyone for the helpful replies! It sounds as though we will be okay since we aren’t as far back as those who have had issues.

I appreciate the feedback!

What about the Dream? I keep reading conflicting info. We are dead center Aft on Deck 7.
My BIL has stayed on the dream 3 times, aft-facing balconies, decks 8 and 9. He says they only vibrate when docking. I personally do feel more ocean motion back there, as we have always stayed midship and it was noticeable when we would visit his room. From everything I've heard/seen on these boards, the Dream is way better aft than the Fantasy.

We sailed on the Fantasy on February 17th and had cabins 7650/7652/ and 7654. We felt a little vibration but never felt like the whole cabin was shaking and no one in our group had trouble sleeping. Enjoy your cruise,

I know this is an old thread but Tobyroy can you message me some info about your trip. Me and my friends just booked a trip on the Fantasy and got the exact same rooms as what you had.

I know this is an old thread but Tobyroy can you message me some info about your trip. Me and my friends just booked a trip on the Fantasy and got the exact same rooms as what you had.
I was in stateroom 7650 on the Fantasy in November 2018 and didn't experience any vibration issues.

Yep, that room will be fine. On our Fantasy Cruise, we were in 7668, and the 2-3 rooms on either side of us, and us, had such bad vibrations that we couldnt sleep. These were not the docking vibrations, it was anytime the ship went above 21knots. It got so bad, we eventually had the Chief Engineer come to our room and admitted that the Fantasy has a problem. It was so bad, the towel animal would vibrate apart each night before we were able to get back to the room.

George
Great, I have this room booked on a spring break 2020 cruise. Guess it's time to make a call to see if I can switch.

We will be cruising on the Fantasy this summer in a deluxe family ocean view with veranda (7632), and I have read on the boards that the Fantasy has aft vibration issues.

What type of problems typically occur with this on the Fantasy? Noise? Feeling the vibration? Both? Other issues?

Are the problems only at the very back of the ship? Our stateroom looks to be between aft and midship, so I was wondering how significant the vibration might be there.

I’ve looked at the stateroom reviews, but haven’t seen any reviews on wdwinfo for 7632 on the Fantasy.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I was just on a 3 day Dream cruise, 10540. I’m only commenting because the Fantasy and Dream appear to have the same design... I stayed mid-ship, and felt vibrations one night. I also did a late night whiskey tasting, on deck 13 aft, and the vibrations were more noticeable. This was both at night, while going full steam ahead. It felt like a massage chair at the wrong resonance, where you would want to turn it up to lull you to sleep, or turn it off. I found it annoying. The bartender said it was because of the waves.

I was just on a 3 day Dream cruise, 10540. I’m only commenting because the Fantasy and Dream appear to have the same design... I stayed mid-ship, and felt vibrations one night. I also did a late night whiskey tasting, on deck 13 aft, and the vibrations were more noticeable. This was both at night, while going full steam ahead. It felt like a massage chair at the wrong resonance, where you would want to turn it up to lull you to sleep, or turn it off. I found it annoying. The bartender said it was because of the waves.
The Dream doesn't have the same vibration issue that the Fantasy has. If the Dream was experiencing some vibration on your cruise, I'd agree with the CM that it was the waves (current, most likely).

On the Fantasy, the vibration is speculated to be due to an imbalance in the propellers, it's been there since shortly after she entered service. But, apparently they can't/won't fix it.

The Dream doesn't have the same vibration issue that the Fantasy has. If the Dream was experiencing some vibration on your cruise, I'd agree with the CM that it was the waves (current, most likely).

On the Fantasy, the vibration is speculated to be due to an imbalance in the propellers, it's been there since shortly after she entered service. But, apparently they can't/won't fix it.

Interesting. I’ll be on the Fantasy on June 22. I’ll be mid-ship, but now I’m curious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter