Fantasy Wheelchair/ECV/Stroller Accessories...

teri

DIS Veteran
Imagine that you could design a personal mobility vehicle that solves all the problems and obstacles posed by people and the physical environment... What would you install as standard accessories?

Reclining seats with footrests...
Laser messaging system to project messages and designs onto surfaces in front of you (oh that could be fun...),,,
rumble seats for passengers...
Headlights, tail lights, turning signals...
A little bicycle bell, or maybe a blast horn...

.....and a simple but necessary item: a cup holder!

aniears.gif

Piper

don't forget a personal cooling device or even better a small a/c that blows on both you and the pusher.that would be so sssswwwweeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!

AMBER
goofy04.gif

i'd like something practical - all surfaces on the wheelchair that can bump into anything be coated with some type of protectant so they don't leave scratches. Written as I look at all the wheelchair footrest and brake scratches on my kitchen cabinets.
I would also order a popup umbrella/sunvisor that is completely invisible and pops up automatically when needed (with a manual override button, of course).

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES
cinderella08.gif
hn

OK, Our fantasy wheelchair would be like the GADGETMOBILE... complete with the extendo-wheels to let you sail over the crowds... a smart-aleck voice that tells off people who come too close or try to lean on the chair... turbo speed for when you want to get somewhere reeeeeally fast... oh, and the automatic skittles and beverage dispenser would be great too!

Joyce

An extremely lightweight, power-assist, extra-large sit&stand stroller suitable for a 7 yo and 9 yo, with an extra pull-out seat for me... and a place to stand while I am powering it... I like the instant pop-out umbrella or visor idea, and the air conditioning. The handles have to be padded to protect my arthritic hands. There also needs to be an automatic child retrieval system, and some kind of 'pause button' device for use during tantrums and outbursts so we can move out of the crowd. A small powered cooler to keep iced drinks would be handy. And, of course, reclining chairs that can turn into cots. A bicycle bell...

It is fully collapsible (with a safety, of course) to the size of a 2-way radio (included, by the way!) and fits in your fanny pack.
Those cupholders need to be refrigerated on hot days, heated on cold ones...

Congratulations to teri for being selected as a finalist in the DIS 3rd Anniversary Dreams Sweepstakes! On June 2nd, we will select two finalists at random, and each will be awarded a $500 gift certificate good on any vacation booked through Dreams Unlimited Travel (http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com).

Congratulations, and good luck!

Pete

------------------------
Pete Werner
My motto...why sleep when you can work?

Unofficial Disney Information Station - http://www.wdwinfo.com
Unofficial Universal Information Station - http://www.usfinfo.com
Dreams Unlimited Travel - http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com

Bob Doolittle wrote:
>
> Don't forget a GPS and internet-map access device so you know where you are
> at all times.

and an automatic delivery system, you just speak your destination into the device... and it automatically clears a path and takes you there while you play games with the kids...

On electric ones what about 360 degree powered turn radius ON EACH WHEEL so the vehicle can move perfectly horozontal or vertical or at an oblique! Think of all the problems in resteraunts this could make go away for the chair bound!

WDW Family of 4
DD DM and 2 DK's(5&1)

WDW 74(DD)
Epcot 83(DM)
PO 98
Poly 00 (not yet)
jump.bin

when this thread was originally posted I had to sit and think about what I wanted.... but being too tired the last couple days or so I never got around to posting...I have one thing to say...

YOU STOLE ALL MY IDEAS!!!! LOL /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif What did you guys come in while I was sleeping and crain my ideas from my mind??? LOL

oh! and someone thought of one think I hadnt... a navagation system like the cars have now a days.... that ONSTAR system... that would be GREAT!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Wheelsie /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
countrywheelin@icqmail.com
EMAIL ME!!! I know you want to ROFL
yyc_mc.gif

some day we have to become highly-paid consultants to Personal Mobility Vehicle designers... no more of these jobs and chores that tire you out so!

Ahhh, a dream job...

I'll provide a test pilot. She's already broken things on wheelchairs that the companies have said are unbreakable.{

SueM in MN
cinderella08.gif

Shoot!! when your handi....there is NO SUCH THING as unbreakable LOL.... thats why I wonder why ins companies only let ud get a new one ever 4 or 5 yrs LOL

Wheelsie /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
countrywheelin@icqmail.com
EMAIL ME!!! I know you want to ROFL
yyc_mc.gif

Exactly right in both cases! Heck, my son can't even move his - we all push him - but somehow his less than 1-yo chair frame is bent...

The school blames the bus driver for tying it down too hard. The school had to contract the bus - as they never bought a small enough hc bus to come down our skinny little dead end street (we live in a lake community - typical is 5-6 houses per private road, which is only one lane wide...)

So - lot's of finger pointing, and no responsibility. The right wheel hardly touches the ground! Who can I get to fix it? I have no idea, and I WORK for my insurance company....
/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sue

and the technicians and mechanics are trained on site at Disney World, and have to come back for mandatory, paid continuing education programs every year... so they really want to keep their jobs and do it right. And when your chair breaks, you get to come to WDW for a replacement model while yours is being upgraded, and the whole trip is covered under the warranty... and you also get the opportunity to test newer models and trade up for one if you want, for free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter