FAQ: Flying Out of Buffalo OR Detroit

go to there website trying flying wed just returned left wed at 6 pm in orlando by 830 total cost $82.00 included everything

Can anyone tell me of a clean and decently priced hotel near DTW that has the park and fly program? I am having trouble finding one where the reviews on tripadvisor don't say it's a rathole, or the price isn't astronomical. :confused3

Thanks so much!!

C.

We stayed at the Fairfield Marriott earlier this month and we would definitely stay there again. We paid $99/night, although I see the P&F rate is now up to $109. That includes up to 8 days parking at Qwik Park which is literally next door. The Fairfield is rated #1 on the TripAdvisor web site for Romulus-area hotels.

Hotel is very clean (anything would be, compared to the HoJo just up the street where we stayed last time) and breakfast starts at 5:30 just off the lobby. The pool looked OK (but small) but we didn't make use of it. The rooms was very nice with a brand-new plasma TV and free high-speed Internet access.

- Mike

Can anyone tell me of a clean and decently priced hotel near DTW that has the park and fly program? I am having trouble finding one where the reviews on tripadvisor don't say it's a rathole, or the price isn't astronomical. :confused3

Thanks so much!!

C.

Thanks so much!!

C.

Gotta agree with Mike:goodvibes
We stayed there before trip at March break this year.
We were told the hotel had not yet been open a year, I guess that's why everything was still in such nice shape.Also, probably why they weren't prepared for the Canadian March break exodus though, as they did not seem to know why the whole hotel had been booked up Friday and Sat. night:confused3
The kids were in the pool, it was nice, nice work out area next to it.
There are computers in the lobby that you can use to check into your airline, and print boarding passes(great when using SWA).
Breakfast was great. We didn't leave 'till 2pm, so asked for late check out-no problem.
Pickup at the airport on the way back was very good.
Would stay there again, anytime.:)

Thanks for the info on Fairfield MikeJ and Petbren! That was the hotel I was leaning towards.

Can either of you tell me how often the shuttle runs to the airport?

Thanks for the info on Fairfield MikeJ and Petbren! That was the hotel I was leaning towards.

Can either of you tell me how often the shuttle runs to the airport?

We just drove our van over, literately, across the parking lot. The attendant asks where you are going, and tells you where to park, and the little bus just came over and picked us up and drove us to the airport, no wait time at all.:goodvibes

My husband is a professional truck driver, and for them, it's a well known fact that Sarnia is quicker and easier (plus, more reasonable guards) than Windsor. Professional drivers try to avoid Windsor whenever possible.:confused3

Hi there, I am so happy for your post! I live in Wingham and after reading your post checked out shuttle service and am so happy!! I can drive to London which I don't mind doing, leave my car FOR FREE at the Ramada Inn in London , without staying there, and Robert Q airbus will take me to Detroit airport!

My DD and I are going to WDW in October. I have enough Airmiles to get one seat and was so excited about that, figuring I was saving a bundle,,, BUT when I called I found out you have to pay the taxes! So, for me and my daughter to fly out of Toronto with a connecting flight throuigh Montreal, it was still going to cost $859.00 :scared1:

I wasn't too sure about traveling to Detroit by myself but now with this shuttle service I am all set......now I have to start checking for prices from Detroit...

Thanks to everyone who has posted here, it has been very helpful:love:

My hubby is a Wingham boy...well, Whitechurch, lol. We live in Ripley now! What a small world after all!:rotfl:

I continue to be amazed at the prices and the simplicity of flying out of buffalo. After our march break trip I swore I would never go from Toronto again. We just last Sunday booked our christmas flights to orlando. We are going december 22nd and they actually had 99.00 seats.!! Less than 1000.00 for the 4 of us !!! and wayyyy less stress and time than going from Toronto. Oh and toronto was 3200.00 and even Jet blue was 1640.00 so this was greeeaat.

Easy fast and cheap.

Who did you book with? Southwest just came out with their rates today for Christmas and New Year's and they were alot more than that.:worried: It was going to be just over $1100 for my DH and myself (we have got 4 flights out of Buffalo to Orlando the end of September for $800 return). We always fly out of Buffalo (we love that airport) but unless rates come down somewhat I will be cancelling our first DVC vacation.:(

We stayed at the Fairfield Marriott earlier this month and we would definitely stay there again. We paid $99/night, although I see the P&F rate is now up to $109. That includes up to 8 days parking at Qwik Park which is literally next door. The Fairfield is rated #1 on the TripAdvisor web site for Romulus-area hotels.

Hotel is very clean (anything would be, compared to the HoJo just up the street where we stayed last time) and breakfast starts at 5:30 just off the lobby. The pool looked OK (but small) but we didn't make use of it. The rooms was very nice with a brand-new plasma TV and free high-speed Internet access.

- Mike
That's good to know. We are staying there in September. We stayed at the La Quinta last time which is on the other side of the driveway (The Fairfield was not finished yet). I had no complaints staying there however our travel agent booked us into the Fairfield saying she had had some complaints about the La Quinta.

Who did you book with? Southwest just came out with their rates today for Christmas and New Year's and they were alot more than that.:worried:

i wonder too, i did not see any cheaper rates for SW in Dec. We need flights too but if we cant get decent rates, we will be canceling our Dec trip :guilty:

Just wondering if anyone flew out of BUF using Airtran before? Reason I ask, is that we usually fly out of Buffalo using Southwest but we are getting a better price with Airtran, which we have never used. The flight is direct to and from Orlando, but I have been reading elsewhere on these boards about Airtran changing flight times and turning direct flights into connecting ones, just nothing posted about Buffalo flights.
Has anyone experienced any of these issues?:confused3

We are flying Airtran this August, however we got a better rate flying out of Detroit over Buffalo. We booked out flights back in May for both Non-Stop flights and they have not changed. We flew out of Buffalo two years ago with US airways both were originally non-stop but one month before we left they were both changed to have stop-overs. With that being said. I am not saying I persoanally would recommend flying with airtran at all. I am quite nervous if they will still be in business in August. There is quite a few threads going on in the transportation board with people speculating that they will either file for bankruptcy or be delisted on the stock market.

We are trying Southwest for my upcoming trip. I booked Jetblue for our Christmas trip because of their seat selection. We shall see...

We got a direct flight from Buffalo to MCO for $99 in Dec. We just need to find our return flights now...

Courtyard Marriott Buffalo
4100 Sheridan Drive
Buffalo, NY 14221

Has anyone ever stayed here? I just booked park and fly rate for $116 plus tax including 3 weeks of parking, room, shuttle transfers but NO breakfast.

It is a little further from the airport but the best rate I could find that includes 3 weeks parking.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

I haven't stayed at the Courtyard in Buffalo but I can tell you that when I fly out of Detroit I stay at the Fairfield by Marrott. The Courtyard is suppose to be better and I really liked the Fairfield. Anytime I travel in the US now I try and stay at a Marriott. I hope this helps.

They also have really good park and Fly rates in Detroit and the hotel is 1 mile away from the airport.

Courtyard Marriott Buffalo
4100 Sheridan Drive
Buffalo, NY 14221

Has anyone ever stayed here? I just booked park and fly rate for $116 plus tax including 3 weeks of parking, room, shuttle transfers but NO breakfast.

It is a little further from the airport but the best rate I could find that includes 3 weeks parking.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

You'll have to let me know if this hotel was good. We are looking at booking a Buffalo hotel for September.... Thanks :thumbsup2 Oh and where did you find this rate????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter