fast pass for Slinky Dog Dash

Very hard. If you're going in a lower-crowd time like Labor Day week, it might happen, but for most of the year, the 60-day mark hasn't had availability. This is assuming you're looking for Day 60 exactly. If you're looking for later in the trip like 60+4, your chances improve considerably. I booked ours for 60+5 without problem during Jersey week.

If it is for day 60, you're probably better off checking a bit before the 30-day mark (when people start to cancel their packages to get a full refund), and then again daily - or several times a day - about a week before your trip as people change their plans.

Last edited:

I would say you're pretty solid looking from 60+3, though will be late in the day. Anything before that is iffy.

Keep playing the refresh game, and good luck!

I got one for a part of 5 for 60+3 the first week of March. It is late in the afternoon.

You can also do 2 and 3 sometimes the times are off a little but can work. For example: 2 people have fast pass 12-1, 3 people may have it 12:30-1:30. You all go in line together at 12:30. We have done this when traveling with others

Very hard. If you're going in a lower-crowd time like Labor Day week, it might happen, but for most of the year, the 60-day mark hasn't had availability. This is assuming you're looking for Day 60 exactly. If you're looking for later in the trip like 60+4, your chances improve considerably. I booked ours for 60+5 without problem during Jersey week.

If it is for day 60, you're probably better off checking a bit before the 30-day mark (when people start to cancel their packages to get a full refund), and then again daily - or several times a day - about a week before your trip as people change their plans.

I agree. This past August I was only able to get the last night of our trip for the 4 of us - at 8PM. It was a very rainy night and didn’t even wind up going to the park that night so we didn’t get to ride it

I just booked for Spring Break at 60 + 3 and got it. We even got the time we wanted at 5:00. There were lots of options available.

I agree. This past August I was only able to get the last night of our trip for the 4 of us - at 8PM. It was a very rainy night and didn’t even wind up going to the park that night so we didn’t get to ride it
how do you get pictures in your reply? I think it's cool. Also I'm new do you mind telling me how you get a picture with your name.

Living close by, my family usually plans our trips 2 weeks before or less. I've managed to get FP for SDD twice using the refresh strategy, once the day before and once the day of. So if you cant get your FP 60 days out, don't give up!

what time of day when you hit the 30 day mark? (hoping people cancel)

I had no luck at 60+3 but was fine at 60+5. This was a very busy time of year though (first week of January).

If you can’t get a FP, you could just wait until later in the evening to ride.

I checked the Touring Plans stats from yesterday just for an example.

The wait was 10 minutes about a half hour before close, and dropped to 5 minutes right at closing time.

The wait was 10 minutes about a half hour before close, and dropped to 5 minutes right at closing time.
I never used tourning plan do you pay for this?

We may not be looking at the same TP data I guess, but TP's "observed" wait time at 7:23pm was 45 mins. At 7:58pm is was still 45 mins. Park closed at 8pm. I see 5 and 10 min waits during the bulk of the Disney After Hours event which ran from 8:30-11:30pm (TP incorrectly lists the time as 8pm-11pm).

Do they have data somewhere else that shows 5 and 10 min waits leading up to 8pm closing? Perhaps I'm just not looking in the right place.

We may not be looking at the same TP data I guess, but TP's "observed" wait time at 7:23pm was 45 mins. At 7:58pm is was still 45 mins. Park closed at 8pm. I see 5 and 10 min waits during the bulk of the Disney After Hours event which ran from 8:30-11:30pm (TP incorrectly lists the time as 8pm-11pm).

Do they have data somewhere else that shows 5 and 10 min waits leading up to 8pm closing? Perhaps I'm just not looking in the right place.

Oops, I thought close was at 9 yesterday. That’s what I get for only checking 1 sample.

I checked the 4 prior dates, and the posted waits at close were 20, 20, 25 & 30. There were no actual waits posted, but those were likely less than the posted wait based on prior experience.

Sorry for the misinformation.

We did HS rope drop this past Friday. Got there at 8am. Were 6th in line at tap point. Unfortunately when they opened the tap points at 8:30am the people in front had issues so it took us longer than it should have to get through. We quickstepped to the rope that was just past starbucks location. Everyone held there until around 8:45am. Then we were walked with CM's keeping the lines together until we got to Toy Story Land. They told everyone to be under the umbrellas for the Slinky Dog line, so stay to the far right of the group. We were on slinky dog, rode and were off by about 9:03am. Then we headed to R&Rollercoaster for a walk-on ride. Then did Tower twice! All before 11:00am (oh, and DS had a FP for R&RC so he rode that twice, and I just waited for him).

Good way to go if you don't get a FP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter