Fastpass+ 60 days out...bummer

djallred09

Earning My Ears
I rarely post on here, but read all the time. Just had to vent today... It was the 60 day mark for our November trip and I was on right at 7 to book Fastpasses. I was able to procure one for Avatar Flight of Passage clicked the confirm button and then Stitch eats the page and the system malfunctions. Of course when it reloads there are no longer any Fastpasses for that ride.

Needless to say it was NOT a magical morning.

Others reported having the same issues. Sorry you had a tough time. Hope you were still able to get some good picks!

Others reported having the same issues. Sorry you had a tough time. Hope you were still able to get some good picks!

We will be hustling to get to Flight of Passage and Slinky Dog at rope drop....otherwise we got what we wanted

One thing to keep in mind. If you were hoping to get FOP or Slinky within the first 4-5 days of your trip, you likely were not going to get them even if there were not any system problems. Slinky and FOP are rarely available before 60+5. That's true virtually every week and is compounded by the fact that today's 60 day FP+ window also happens to be the kickoff of the Thanksgiving Holiday week.

It never hurts to keep checking back. Someone might cancel their FPPs right when you're looking. It does happen. Good luck.

One thing to keep in mind. If you were hoping to get FOP or Slinky within the first 4-5 days of your trip, you likely were not going to get them even if there were not any system problems. Slinky and FOP are rarely available before 60+5. That's true virtually every week and is compounded by the fact that today's 60 day FP+ window also happens to be the kickoff of the Thanksgiving Holiday week.

I had a 6:30pm FOP for the 2 day of trip, but when I clicked to confirm that's when the system went haywire...I'm aware of the rarity of these FP, that's why I was so pissed.

I had a 6:30pm FOP for the 2 day of trip, but when I clicked to confirm that's when the system went haywire...I'm aware of the rarity of these FP, that's why I was so pissed.

Or with all the glitches maybe it was showing that FP in error, and trying to click confirm on a FP that doesn't exist contributed to the system going "haywire" at that point?

Another idea is to get in line for those rides shortly before closing. That's what we did for Slinky. DHS was closing at 8:30pm. We got in line at 8:08pm and waited 45 minutes. Not bad considering the long wait times during the day.

We tried booking right at the start of our 60 day mark for FOP too and didn't have any luck. Managed to snag three for Slinky Dog, but we need one more now so that's been real fun checking everyday. Kind of a bummer, but we figured for FOP we'll try standby at park close or rope drop.

I was lucky enough to get FOP at 60+3 and SD2 at 60+4 so you can still get lucky sometimes.

Had the same experience last month. Had a FP for FoP, the site froze, reloaded and the FP was gone, no more available.
I'm still checking daily, hoping some will turn up. If not, we've done it before and its fun. we may be trying RD or do the end of the day again.

What a bummer! I’m sorry that happened. DH and I found that the SB line wasn’t too bad at the end of the night when we were there in May. Of course, I was halfway asleep at that point, so that might contribute to how quickly it seemed to go :) Next time we go, I’m scheduling in more down time.

ETA: I’m talking about FOP, of course. We missed SDD by a bit over a month.

always check back at various times of day...I remember when we went I was able to get 7DMT and FEA (a few months after it 1st opened) by checking daily

I rarely post on here, but read all the time. Just had to vent today... It was the 60 day mark for our November trip and I was on right at 7 to book Fastpasses. I was able to procure one for Avatar Flight of Passage clicked the confirm button and then Stitch eats the page and the system malfunctions. Of course when it reloads there are no longer any Fastpasses for that ride.

Needless to say it was NOT a magical morning.

We had similar issues for August at day 60 of our FPs and then around day 40 of our fastpass window many FOP FPs opened up. Then I got it for day 2 and 3 of our trip. Keep checking. FOP has much longer waits than SDD.

OP, totally frustrating! Been there before and totally get it. We were able to grab Slinky Dog Dash FP+ for 60+4 and FOP for 60+3 this past Monday morning. They're there from time to time, but so are those Disney/MDE glitches! I'm with the previous poster(s) who says to keep checking back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter