FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I have read, there won't be an issue. Also, I *believe* you can go ahead and cancel those other 2 FPs as long as you KNOW you won't use them. Can anyone verify this?
Yes, you can, but if you change your mind and decide you want them back, you can't get them added back to your account without calling IT. Also, not sure how this affects scheduling a 4th FP in park? I'd recommend just keeping the "throw aways" rather than risking messing anything up.

re: Fast Pass + and Halloween Party

I've browsed through the forum and see that some folks report they have been able to get Fast Pass + during the 4pm - 7pm time period before the Halloween party starts, and some folks say they haven't been able to do so

I tried using My Disney Experience to reserve Fast Pass, but it wouldn't let me using my Halloween ticket confirmation numbers

so - my question is, have people with Halloween only ticket been able to make Fast Pass + reservations when they get to the park at 4pm? or how have they been able to do it?

I ordered my tickets directly from disney, it linked to MDE, and I was able to select 3 fast passes betw. 4-7pm. I think the key is for it to be linked to MDE.

I ordered my tickets directly from disney, it linked to MDE, and I was able to select 3 fast passes betw. 4-7pm. I think the key is for it to be linked to MDE.

it was already linked when you logged into MDE? or did you do the linking process yourself after you logged in? did you use the confirmation number on the e-ticket?

This happened to us last year. We were all booked under 1 reservation but my dad's ticket was showing up just like yours. Called and they got it straightened out for us. They were very helpful in getting the fastpasses copied over to him as well.

Can someone explain to me what the "copying" is all about?

it was already linked when you logged into MDE? or did you do the linking process yourself after you logged in? did you use the confirmation number on the e-ticket?

Yes, it automatically linked, because it asked me to sign in to my account before entering my payment information. After I submitted the payment, it was already there on MDE.

We're going Christmas week and have already changed dates twice. First reservation was at Port Orleans from 12/25 - 12/31. Next came 12/23 - 12/28. Now I'm at a quickie 12/29 - 12/30. No, it isn't me being schizophrenic! I'm at the mercy of my wife's schedule, my cousins' calendar, my mother's in-home health aide, and our friends' fear of commitment. If this wasn't a once in a decade possibility I'd just blow it all off and go during shoulder season!

It seems to me that what I should do is reserve a room from the earliest possible through the last possible days. Then when everyone else has their plans set I can trim one or both ends. It seems strange to reserve 10-12 days when I know the final trip will be 3-6. Naturally I'd drop dates ASAP so as to not hold any away from innocent bystanders but as I'm looking at moderate resorts this isn't a factor the way it would be at Grand Floridian or Wilderness Lodge (my favorites).

Given this, how do I deal with FPs? I can make my best guesses as to which park we'd do on each day and reserve what works best. (I'm at their mercy for days but they'll follow my lead on FP.) When I drop hotel days, will the FPs go away with them? If I drop a day or three do all FPs disappear and I have to start over?

Thanks

***I have 6-7 days left on a no-expire park-hopper pack

I am trying to make FP reservations for the day we are going to MNSSHP but I think the FP+ went to my regular tickets. How do I switch it? I am so confused. Not liking this system. Takes out the spontaneity of the trip even more.

I am trying to make FP reservations for the day we are going to MNSSHP but I think the FP+ went to my regular tickets. How do I switch it? I am so confused. Not liking this system. Takes out the spontaneity of the trip even more.

You need a ticket to make FP+, but they don't connect to any particular ticket, if that makes sense. There's nothing you need to do.

We're going Christmas week and have already changed dates twice. First reservation was at Port Orleans from 12/25 - 12/31. Next came 12/23 - 12/28. Now I'm at a quickie 12/29 - 12/30. No, it isn't me being schizophrenic! I'm at the mercy of my wife's schedule, my cousins' calendar, my mother's in-home health aide, and our friends' fear of commitment. If this wasn't a once in a decade possibility I'd just blow it all off and go during shoulder season!

It seems to me that what I should do is reserve a room from the earliest possible through the last possible days. Then when everyone else has their plans set I can trim one or both ends. It seems strange to reserve 10-12 days when I know the final trip will be 3-6. Naturally I'd drop dates ASAP so as to not hold any away from innocent bystanders but as I'm looking at moderate resorts this isn't a factor the way it would be at Grand Floridian or Wilderness Lodge (my favorites).

Given this, how do I deal with FPs? I can make my best guesses as to which park we'd do on each day and reserve what works best. (I'm at their mercy for days but they'll follow my lead on FP.) When I drop hotel days, will the FPs go away with them? If I drop a day or three do all FPs disappear and I have to start over?

Thanks

***I have 6-7 days left on a no-expire park-hopper pack

Yes, you make your best guess at which park you will want to be at. I just booked FP+ for the same week last night with a check-in of 12/19. I used EasyWDW as my guide and worked around any ADRs (table service reservations) and EMHs (extra magical hours) that I thought I might use.

If you want to maximize the ability to get FP+ then you could make a reservation that starts earlier than your real start date (12/29, it seems) so you can get in before the other folks checking in on the 29th and then trim back to your real dates. Given how super busy it will be, that might not be a bad idea.

FWIW, I would recommend that you end up in the MK on 12/30. They run the NYE fireworks on 12/30 and they are really great!

I have a question - How can I know if we are all connected in the MDE for FP selection? I have read that people can see everyone in the account, but the system will say they are not connected.

We have four adults and two children in the same room. I sent out emails to my DS and DDIL but they didn't respond, and then magically they were in MDE. How can I be sure they are connected for FP+ purposes? Also, I have selected an avatar for myself but it is not showing because "this person has their own account." Does that mean I am not linked?

Yes, you make your best guess at which park you will want to be at. I just booked FP+ for the same week last night with a check-in of 12/19. I used EasyWDW as my guide and worked around any ADRs (table service reservations) and EMHs (extra magical hours) that I thought I might use.

Were you able to get the attractions you wanted?

How hard is it to get a Tier 1 attraction for Epcot on the first day of your trip? (On your 60 day out mark, I mean. Will the day already be booked up by people arriving before me?)

I think we'd most like fast passes for Test Track, Mission: Space, and Nemo & Friends, but our Epcot/Future World day is our arrival day.

How hard is it to get a Tier 1 attraction for Epcot on the first day of your trip? (On your 60 day out mark, I mean. Will the day already be booked up by people arriving before me?) I think we'd most like fast passes for Test Track, Mission: Space, and Nemo & Friends, but our Epcot/Future World day is our arrival day.

I didn't have any problem getting a tier 1 FP for our arrival day. Like you, on our arrival day we'll be visiting EPCOT. We won't get the the park until later afternoon and I was able to select TT with an early evening return time. I did notice that there were several available times during that day, so I don't think you'll have a problem unless the park is crowded.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what if you only want one ride in the top tier at Epcot, lets say Test Track. However you want Soarin too. Is it better to just book one fastpass+ for Test Track, then after riding try to get Soarin? I believe you can only get more fastpasses once you have used your 3 right? What are the chances of getting a fastpass late in the day?

hi, we are arriving 2 days before the rest of our party,out date is coming up in 6 days for fast pass +, can we make reservations for them starting at the end of our trip or do we have to wait for their check in date? thanks so much for any advice

re: Fast Pass + and Halloween Party

I've browsed through the forum and see that some folks report they have been able to get Fast Pass + during the 4pm - 7pm time period before the Halloween party starts, and some folks say they haven't been able to do so

I tried using My Disney Experience to reserve Fast Pass, but it wouldn't let me using my Halloween ticket confirmation numbers

so - my question is, have people with Halloween only ticket been able to make Fast Pass + reservations when they get to the park at 4pm? or how have they been able to do it?

I called customer service and they linked my tickets to my MDE account.

Apparently, the problem was that my e-ticket is supposed to have the ticket number listed under the barcode, but for some reason my e-tickets don't have the ticket number, just the order confirmation number.

I was now able to make fast pass + selections, although I was only to make one after 4:00 pm (Space Mountain). The others are for 1:30 and 3:30

How hard is it to get a Tier 1 attraction for Epcot on the first day of your trip? (On your 60 day out mark, I mean. Will the day already be booked up by people arriving before me?)

I think we'd most like fast passes for Test Track, Mission: Space, and Nemo & Friends, but our Epcot/Future World day is our arrival day.

The only park that has issues with limited availability early in the trip right now is MK. When I was making my FP+ selections, I accidentally selected a couple of days from my booking date (October 16) instead of December 16th, and I had no problems getting FP+ for the rides I wanted at the times I wanted at Epcot. And this was on October 13th.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what if you only want one ride in the top tier at Epcot, lets say Test Track. However you want Soarin too. Is it better to just book one fastpass+ for Test Track, then after riding try to get Soarin? I believe you can only get more fastpasses once you have used your 3 right? What are the chances of getting a fastpass late in the day?
When I went to book my 4th FP at Epcot last week (around 2 pm?) there were no tier 1 attractions available. Best bet would be to ride either Soarin or Test Track at rope drop and FP the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter