FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I add my 4-year old son to fastpass? He is not under 3, but there is no place on MDE (that I have found) to add him to the fast pass selections. He has a ticket. Thanks!

How do I add my 4-year old son to fastpass? He is not under 3, but there is no place on MDE (that I have found) to add him to the fast pass selections. He has a ticket. Thanks!

Do you have a package booked? If so, he won't show up until your 60 day window opens for you to book FPs.

Package tickets are not active until you check-in. The FP system allows you to book at your 60 day window with a package. *mesaboy has it described in Bullet #3 in the Booking Section.

oooohhhh...... that makes sense. I am longer than 60 days out, and yes, we did a package. Thanks so much! I was searching everywhere.:yay:

oooohhhh...... that makes sense. I am longer than 60 days out, and yes, we did a package. Thanks so much! I was searching everywhere.:yay:

For future reference this is mentioned in the OP under "Booking Windows and Scheduling", quoted below.

3. For onsite guests, the 60-day prebooking window will not activate until the 60-day mark. Before this point, the booking window will be only 30 days. At midnight (or 1:00a on certain nights) of the 60-day mark, the 30-day window will automatically expand to 60 (or more) days. Additionally, guests with resort/ticket packages commonly report that all members on the account with tickets don't appear on the MDX app until the 60-day mark.

I think this is asked so much I will bold it in the OP also.

Just a positive post~
My sister and her DH ran the marathon this weekend and bought 2 day park hoppers last minute.
She did rope drop two days and booked FP+ for afternoon parks. They did everything they hoped to with minimal wait. Thanks so much for all the tips and advice on these boards.

I can't wait until our July trip! :)

More questions...

In high season, what are the odds that I can snag my fourth fp after using our three early afternoon for the evening fireworks or illuminations? Are those super duper popular?

We have young ones traveling with us and the three days we will be doing late shows, we will come in at Rd, take a midday break and come back for dinner. At DHS we'll get the dining package, but do we have chances to grab a FP+ on the way out for wishes or illuminations?

Thank you!

Question: can I make fp selections for other people in my party without including myself? My daughter and wife would like to do Anna and Elsa, but my son and I have no interest. We will probably just split up for most of the day with my wife and daughter doing their own fp's for meet and greets and my son and I doing fp's for the coasters.

Everything I've read says to try and reserve A&E first, with as few people as possible to maximize the chances of getting A&E fp. So, I was hoping that I could log in at midnight, select my wife and daughter only and select A&E and their other fp's. Then do me and my son. Is that possible?

More questions... In high season, what are the odds that I can snag my fourth fp after using our three early afternoon for the evening fireworks or illuminations? Are those super duper popular? We have young ones traveling with us and the three days we will be doing late shows, we will come in at Rd, take a midday break and come back for dinner. At DHS we'll get the dining package, but do we have chances to grab a FP+ on the way out for wishes or illuminations? Thank you!
Honestly, probably not. Wishes generally distributes all FPs within days of open availability. As for Epcot, when we were there in October, there were no tier 1 attractions available when we tried to book a 4th FP around 2 pm. There are many great spots to watch both these shows that do not require staking out a spot hours beforehand, so FPs aren't really necessary for either. But you could always check during your stay, people change their plans all the time!

Question: can I make fp selections for other people in my party without including myself? My daughter and wife would like to do Anna and Elsa, but my son and I have no interest. We will probably just split up for most of the day with my wife and daughter doing their own fp's for meet and greets and my son and I doing fp's for the coasters. Everything I've read says to try and reserve A&E first, with as few people as possible to maximize the chances of getting A&E fp. So, I was hoping that I could log in at midnight, select my wife and daughter only and select A&E and their other fp's. Then do me and my son. Is that possible?
Yep, sure is!

We are going next month and MK is open till 1 AM some days/nights. What time would you expect to have to place a FP ressie to get an 11 PM Splash Mtn. FP? Or could standby be less than 30 min. on a busy Saturday night at 11 PM ??? I am hoping that, after I have used some Fastpasses earlier in the day, that around 6 PM, I will have FP availiabilty to use for later than night.

Folks it is not usually good form to single out individual members of this community. There are so many frequent and occasional visitors who make this board such a wealth of knowledge and friendship. However I believe this is acceptable on this occasion.

I invite you all to join in this congratulations of mesaboy2's FP+ not only being the #1 thread for many months but the #1 thread for 2014.

Well done :goodvibes This is very much deserved and a testament to the efforts keeping the information current and responding to everyone's posts.

Mesaboy - your time and attention to keeping the OP updated and helping folks here is so appreciated! I know that our family vacation experience and memories were made so much better because of this thread!! Thanks for the huge contribution to this community!

Hi everyone. I have a question about what you can see on the MDE website or app, as far as FP+. Our trip isn't until June, so obviously I'm not in my 60 day window (we're staying onsite). From perusing other threads, I thought I would still be able to see FP+ selections for up to 30 days out. When I log in and go to FP+, it tells me I don't have tickets linked, but I can clearly see tickets for myself, DH, and our two DDs on our reservations link. Is this what it is supposed to do? I really wanted to be able to see the system before booking so I can familiarize myself with it a bit. We're hoping for both A&E and 7DMT FP+ ressies, so I'm nervous.

Hi everyone. I have a question about what you can see on the MDE website or app, as far as FP+. Our trip isn't until June, so obviously I'm not in my 60 day window (we're staying onsite). From perusing other threads, I thought I would still be able to see FP+ selections for up to 30 days out. When I log in and go to FP+, it tells me I don't have tickets linked, but I can clearly see tickets for myself, DH, and our two DDs on our reservations link. Is this what it is supposed to do? I really wanted to be able to see the system before booking so I can familiarize myself with it a bit. We're hoping for both A&E and 7DMT FP+ ressies, so I'm nervous.
Unfortunately, if you've booked a package with tickets, you will not be able to see anything or "test" the system until you go live at your 60 day mark. The OP has a link to a thread with examples on booking your FPs, or you can see tutorials on YouTube to get yourself familiar with the process beforehand if you want. But it's really very easy and user friendly. You select the party you are scheduling for, you pick your date and park, you pick your desired attractions. For best results scheduling A&E (and SDMT, to a lesser degree), start with your last MK day first. Good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter