FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once I reach the 60-day mark for the package, will I also be able to book FP+ for those first 3 days, before the package starts? Thank you!

No. The tickets are attached to the package, so you can't book for any dates prior to the start of the package.

YIPPEE! My fairy godmother waved her wand, helped me find some old information and I was able to hook up ALL of my old tickets to MDE!

I'm so excited. Now I just need to purchase a ticket for our youngest DD. Trying to figure out if I should get from an on line provider or direct from Disney (using by discounted Disney gift cards, of course! )

Disregard the 30 day info. It's 60 days out from each park day AFTER your onsite check-out day.

The valid tickets in your MDE allow the 60 day window to continue to expand one day at a time.

Thanks for responding with the correct info! Much appreciated.

Not sure if this has been asked. If I have a FP+ from 4pm-5pm, does it guarantee that I can be done with the line and ride by 5pm so I can move on to my next FP+? Has anyone ever experience a long wait for FP+? If it's a popular attraction like Anna & Elsa and Mine Train, what kind of wait time should I expect for FP+ in the afternoon (around 4-6pm)?

Not sure if this has been asked. If I have a FP+ from 4pm-5pm, does it guarantee that I can be done with the line and ride by 5pm so I can move on to my next FP+? Has anyone ever experience a long wait for FP+? If it's a popular attraction like Anna & Elsa and Mine Train, what kind of wait time should I expect for FP+ in the afternoon (around 4-6pm)?

This is answered in the first paragraph of the second post in this thread.

Today was my first time using fp+ with the app.
I used to be a local and could go whenever I want, so I never bothered much with the new set up.

It's fair within reason and slightly more convenient. But I just wish you could have the option to reserve X in one park and Y in another. Even if you can only do one tiered per time...
Or like 1 top tier attraction at magic kingdom in early morning and a top tier one in Epcot in evening.

I know I read something about a 4th FP+ what is this? Only ask because DH must ride is RockinRoll Rollercoaster and mine is toy sorry mania. What are the chances of getting one for TSM if on our arrival day we have 3 FP+ 12-1 RR, 1-2 TT, and 2-3 ST? thanks

I know I read something about a 4th FP+ what is this? Only ask because DH must ride is RockinRoll Rollercoaster and mine is toy sorry mania. What are the chances of getting one for TSM if on our arrival day we have 3 FP+ 12-1 RR, 1-2 TT, and 2-3 ST? thanks
You can only schedule a 4th FP once your first 3 are used. I'd say your best option for riding both would be to get a FP for one and do the other at RD. Of the 2, TSMM will fill first, so that should be one of your original 3 FPs. You may have a shot at RNRC as your 4th option, or could always do the single rider line. But there is very little likelihood that TSMM would be available day-of, especially late in the day.

Edited to add: You and DH do not have to have the same FPs, either, so he can ride RNRC while you ride TSMM, and you can schedule your other 2 together.

So I read a lot of the first pages but I have some very specific questions.

We have reservations for multiple rooms at Caribbean Beach right now while we wait to see if we get the DVC days we need to just stay there for our trip instead. Our booking window for FP+ is Monday. If I make our party of 9 (yikes!) reservations on Monday under our stay at Caribbean beach but then we get our DVC do we lose all our FP reservations? Is there a way to keep them? Does this make sense?

Also my parents are in one room together. My mom has an account for my disney experience, does my dad need one as well?

Last edited:
If we use 2 fp+ and let our other expire would we be able to make an additional fp+ selection when we hop to another park? After reading this post I believe the answer is yes. Just looking for confirmation.

Thanks in advance!

If we use 2 fp+ and let our other expire would we be able to make an additional fp+ selection when we hop to another park? After reading this post I believe the answer is yes. Just looking for confirmation.

Thanks in advance!
Yep, sure can, just make sure your 3rd window is fully expired.

You can also cancel the third one too correct?
I've read varying reports on the success of scheduling a 4th when you haven't had 3 originals used/expired. If anyone has done this recently and confirm for OP, please let us know. Otherwise, I wouldn't risk it, personally, and would just schedule a throwaway.

Question, I understand I can make FP+ for people in my party even if they are staying off site as long as as our MDE accounts are links. Now my question is, I'm buying my Mom's park tickets and she does not have a MDE account. I can just add her tickets to my account even though she is staying off site with my sister and make her FP+, correct? Or would it be better for me to set her up with her own account and link them?

Question, I understand I can make FP+ for people in my party even if they are staying off site as long as as our MDE accounts are links. Now my question is, I'm buying my Mom's park tickets and she does not have a MDE account. I can just add her tickets to my account even though she is staying off site with my sister and make her FP+, correct? Or would it be better for me to set her up with her own account and link them?

You can simply add her as a "managed" account under yours, and assign the ticket to her. No need for a separate account unless she wants to be able to manage her own FPs.

I can just add her tickets to my account even though she is staying off site with my sister and make her FP+, correct? Or would it be better for me to set her up with her own account and link them?
It's easiest to just add her and her ticket to your MDE. The system doesn't care who is offsite when MDEs are linked.

Thank you. My Mom while I love her can barely turn on a computer (she doesn't even own one) let alone manage a MDE account. Lol. I was hoping that was the easiest way to do it.

I was only able to get a Mine Train FP+ for 2:45 - 3:45. (I stayed up until 11:50 and thought I would just rest my eyes for a few minutes until 12. :-( ) Will this mess up my touring with 4th and more FP+? We only have MK planned for one day and I was worried about that already. Now I am not sure. Can't decide if I should just give up Mine Train FP and try to get an earlier one for another ride? I have an ADR for BOG for pre-opening. I was going to try to get to see Anna and Elsa but my girls are older (20 and 23!!) but they are my Anna and Elsa so we wanted to get pictures with them. But maybe I should just forget that and try for Mine Train???

Maggie

I was only able to get a Mine Train FP+ for 2:45 - 3:45. (I stayed up until 11:50 and thought I would just rest my eyes for a few minutes until 12. :-( ) Will this mess up my touring with 4th and more FP+? We only have MK planned for one day and I was worried about that already. Now I am not sure. Can't decide if I should just give up Mine Train FP and try to get an earlier one for another ride? I have an ADR for BOG for pre-opening. I was going to try to get to see Anna and Elsa but my girls are older (20 and 23!!) but they are my Anna and Elsa so we wanted to get pictures with them. But maybe I should just forget that and try for Mine Train???

Maggie
Don't stress yet! Keep checking for an earlier time, people are changing their plans constantly. You may also have luck searching for overlapping singles earlier in the day.

Personally, I prefer having my FPs scheduled during the busier times of day, anyway, as I find you can get a lot done in the morning without needing a FP. You'll still have all night to get extra FPs if you want. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter