• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I know of, sorry. The best resource I can recommend for availability is the Dibb site linked to in Post #2.

FP windows for the most part are 60 minutes long, and none of them can overlap. So the closest they can be is an hour apart--for instance 1:00p-2:00p, 2:00p-3:00p, and 3:00p-4:00p.

Thanks!

I checked the first couple of pages and didn't see the answer - then I saw there were 176 pages in this thread! Wow.

My question is about booking fastpasses for a split stay when the onsite stay is AFTER the offsite stay.

one week in timeshare, then two nights onsite. 6 day tickets.

I can book FP for the dates starting with my check in day, but not the days leading up to it, which is when I will be using some of my ticket days.

We are less than 60 days out, but more than 30 days out. When I chatted online with a CM they said that when the 30 day mark comes up then those days will become available to book, since they are my "offsite" days, but I'm not so sure about that. I thought I read that it would have to be handled when I got there at a ticketing booth and book the fp day off - which sucks honestly if it's true.

Can anyone confirm whether this is true, and that I will be able to book my offsite days at the 30 day mark? I highly doubt it actually, I think it's going to be a huge hassle. In MDE the days after check in day are marked as "active" like I was going to use all the ticket days after checkin.

I have a room/ticket package. Would it make a difference if I had done a room only and bought the tickets separately and linked them?

I checked the first couple of pages and didn't see the answer - then I saw there were 176 pages in this thread! Wow.

My question is about booking fastpasses for a split stay when the onsite stay is AFTER the offsite stay.

one week in timeshare, then two nights onsite. 6 day tickets.

I can book FP for the dates starting with my check in day, but not the days leading up to it, which is when I will be using some of my ticket days.

We are less than 60 days out, but more than 30 days out. When I chatted online with a CM they said that when the 30 day mark comes up then those days will become available to book, since they are my "offsite" days, but I'm not so sure about that. I thought I read that it would have to be handled when I got there at a ticketing booth and book the fp day off - which sucks honestly if it's true.

Can anyone confirm whether this is true, and that I will be able to book my offsite days at the 30 day mark? I highly doubt it actually, I think it's going to be a huge hassle. In MDE the days after check in day are marked as "active" like I was going to use all the ticket days after checkin.

I have a room/ticket package. Would it make a difference if I had done a room only and bought the tickets separately and linked them?
It's because you have a "package." The tickets do not become valid and active until the day you check in. You, unfortunately, cannot book FPs for your offsite park days.

Yes, if you had linked tickets separately, your open FP window would have included all of your offsite stay.

That's what I figured. I cancelled my reservation and tickets and am going to rebook with a room only reservation. If I pay for that and then buy tickets and pay for those, will that work? Or will it just revert to a "package" even if I buy them separately?

That's what I figured. I cancelled my reservation and tickets and am going to rebook with a room only reservation. If I pay for that and then buy tickets and pay for those, will that work? Or will it just revert to a "package" even if I buy them separately?
It will work. Only Disney can sell a package so you'll be fine!:)

Quick question? My DW2B and I will be booking our FP+ in about 3 minutes. However, we are doing a split stay 3 nights in Poly, 2 nights in POFQ, and six nights in AKV. Will I have access to all my FP+ or just the first four days?

Quick question? My DW2B and I will be booking our FP+ in about 3 minutes. However, we are doing a split stay 3 nights in Poly, 2 nights in POFQ, and six nights in AKV. Will I have access to all my FP+ or just the first four days?
You will be done now. Just wondering how it turned out for you?

That's true, and I've used them before, but Disney says I have until tomorrow to link enough tickets to cover the 3 days of Fastpasses already chosen (2 days and a MNSSHP day) or they will cancel them. The ones I finally arranged for the party are the ones I don't want them messing with, even though I have a linked party ticket. So I don't want to wait to get hard tickets in the mail in this case, otherwise I would.
It won't.

(It really CAN'T if you buy your tickets from someplace other than Disney, like an authorized ticket discounter like undercovertourist.com.)

That's true, and I've used them before, but Disney says I have until tomorrow to link enough tickets to cover the 3 days of Fastpasses already chosen (2 days and a MNSSHP day) or they will cancel them. The ones I finally arranged for the party are the ones I don't want them messing with, even though I have a linked party ticket. So I don't want to wait to get hard tickets in the mail in this case, otherwise I would.

UT sells eTickets, now, too. No need for hard tickets to be sent.

Not that I know of, sorry. The best resource I can recommend for availability is the Dibb site linked to in Post #2.
I believe the Dibb also has a pay service that is similar to the dining services, but I'm not sure exactly how it works. I know it can search by date and in different amounts than the block of 4 that the free page displays.

this has probably been answered 49766 times but I can't seem to find it

why is anna & elsa booked so far out in advance? we're 68 days out from our trip so I've been watching the dibb site and A&E are up 67 days out at this point. It seems to be the only one out of whack

I believe the Dibb also has a pay service that is similar to the dining services, but I'm not sure exactly how it works. I know it can search by date and in different amounts than the block of 4 that the free page displays.

If you pay for membership, yes they will let you know when and if the ones you want open up.

why is anna & elsa booked so far out in advance? we're 68 days out from our trip so I've been watching the dibb site and A&E are up 67 days out at this point. It seems to be the only one out of whack

Onsite guests with stays that start before yours and/or longer than yours have already been picking over them. Also, they are in high demand and have low capacity.

It's the most popular (hard to get) FP+.
So, "everyone" books it ASAP. And, they book it "deep" into their trips.
Up to 7, 10, 14 days past their check-in date.
And, depending on the dates, you can find the MSEP and Wishes FP+ being booked up early, too.

We will be in DW the week of Thanksgiving (I know it's going to be crazy busy but DH is a teacher so we get there when we can). We are checking in on Sunday the 22nd. I'm worried that by the time we hit our 60 day marker, people who are arriving on Friday or Saturday will limit the availability for us to book FP for some of the harder to get attractions - like TSMM and A&E. We have some friends that are bringing their 5 yo DD twins and 4 yo DD for the first time. I am considering taking my DD and meeting the other mom earlier than the rest of the family. So I want to book rooms earlier just in case we can get there sooner. This will then be a split stay. So if we have rooms beginning the 19th we should be able to book through the 29th when we all leave, right? But if we do reserve rooms earlier and then we can't get away to be there on the 19th and cancel those rooms, will that cancel our fastpasses for the time we know we will be there (22nd - 29th)?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter