• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if we have rooms beginning the 19th we should be able to book through the 29th when we all leave, right? But if we do reserve rooms earlier and then we can't get away to be there on the 19th and cancel those rooms, will that cancel our fastpasses for the time we know we will be there (22nd - 29th)?
You can book all FPs when your first booking window opens. You won't lose any FPs if you cancel the first room within the 60-day booking window that's open for the 2nd onsite stay.

Thank you hiroMYhero! I want to get rooms booked but I'm worried the logistics may not work and we might not get down there as early as I would like.

We will be in DW the week of Thanksgiving (I know it's going to be crazy busy but DH is a teacher so we get there when we can). We are checking in on Sunday the 22nd. I'm worried that by the time we hit our 60 day marker, people who are arriving on Friday or Saturday will limit the availability for us to book FP for some of the harder to get attractions - like TSMM and A&E. We have some friends that are bringing their 5 yo DD twins and 4 yo DD for the first time. I am considering taking my DD and meeting the other mom earlier than the rest of the family. So I want to book rooms earlier just in case we can get there sooner. This will then be a split stay. So if we have rooms beginning the 19th we should be able to book through the 29th when we all leave, right? But if we do reserve rooms earlier and then we can't get away to be there on the 19th and cancel those rooms, will that cancel our fastpasses for the time we know we will be there (22nd - 29th)?

Thanks!

TSMM is unlikely to be much of a problem that far out.

So if I have a room only reservation, and link tickets to my account (via WDW or UT) will I still be able to book 60 days out for the days of my room reservation? And then book 30 days out for the days of my offsite reservation which is before the onsite res.? What about the MNSSHP day that is prior to my onsite res.? Will it be split like that, or will I have to wait and do all of them at 30 days?

So if I have a room only reservation, and link tickets to my account (via WDW or UT) will I still be able to book 60 days out for the days of my room reservation? And then book 30 days out for the days of my offsite reservation which is before the onsite res.? What about the MNSSHP day that is prior to my onsite res.? Will it be split like that, or will I have to wait and do all of them at 30 days?
You'll be able to book FPs for all days when your FP booking window opens 60 days before your onsite stay. All 60 days + the onsite stay will be included in the open booking window.

You will be done now. Just wondering how it turned out for you?

It turned out remarkably well. Unlike with the ADR's it allowed us to schedule the entire length of stay instead of just the first portion of the split stay. Additionally we were able to get all of the FP+ reservations we wanted, including 7DMT for every day we are in MK, and although we weren't looking for A&E it was available for all but the first day we will be in MK.

I have used the search "this thread" option for the answer, but it I am unable to locate any answers to FP+ scheduling when using an anuual pass over multiple trips. I understand I can make FP+ reservations 60 prior to a resort stay for 7 days or the length of my trip. What do I do when I have 4 days planned with FP+ for our October trip, and need to schedule 6 more for my Thanksgiving trip? The 60 day prior window opens before our October trip. Will I only be able to schedule a total of 7 days? And then schedule the remaining FP+ days after using the October dates? Thanks for your help.

I have used the search "this thread" option for the answer, but it I am unable to locate any answers to FP+ scheduling when using an anuual pass over multiple trips.

I understand I can make FP+ reservations 60 prior to a resort stay for 7 days or the length of my trip.
What do I do when I have 4 days planned with FP+ for our October trip, and need to schedule 6 more for my Thanksgiving trip? The 60 day prior window opens before our October trip.

Will I only be able to schedule a total of 7 days? And then schedule the remaining FP+ days after using the October dates? Thanks for your help.

Yup.
That's one of the major "flaws" in the system.

Noooooo!! That is NOT what I wanted you to say! :guilty:
Should I just wing it with SDFP selection for our AK and EP days in October in order to use the days for pre-scheduling for my Thanksgiving trip? Any suggestions?

Noooooo!! That is NOT what I wanted you to say! :guilty:
Should I just wing it with SDFP selection for our AK and EP days in October in order to use the days for pre-scheduling for my Thanksgiving trip? Any suggestions?

I don't know your schedule, but...
First, don't pre-schedule any FP for DAK. That's a SDFP kind of park.
Schedule only the most important "must-do" park days.
That might give you enough remaining days to cover a lot of both trips at the 60-day mark.
Then, when you can fully book the remaining days, do so and likely get what you want.

Guess I was smarter than I thought, as I already did not book any DAK FP+. Now realizing, this scheduling issue is going to happen to me again when I need to book resesrvations for a mid January trip as well. In January, we actually have a resort stay booked for 8 nights (as opposed to throw away rooms for the OCtober and Tahnksgiving trip). Will the full resort stay enable me to book all of the FP+ for that stay?

Guess I was smarter than I thought, as I already did not book any DAK FP+. Now realizing, this scheduling issue is going to happen to me again when I need to book resesrvations for a mid January trip as well. In January, we actually have a resort stay booked for 8 nights (as opposed to throw away rooms for the OCtober and Tahnksgiving trip). Will the full resort stay enable me to book all of the FP+ for that stay?

I'll attempt this, but I'm a bit shaky on its accuracy.
The Nov. trip will be within the 60-days-out for the Jan. trip.

You should be able to advance-book 7 days, total, for the combined Nov. and Jan. trips.
Then, as you use the Nov. FP days, you should be able to book each additional day for the Jan. trip.
At the end of the last FP day of the Nov. trip, you should be able to book that 7th and 8th day of the Jan. Trip.

(Or not.) ;)

Please, someone who can make heads or tails of this come in and double-check the info.

Due to some nights in my 10 night Swan reservation being (currently) sold out the week after Thanksgiving, when I attempted to apply SPG points to some of the nights, they had to rebook my single reservation into two separate 5 night reservations to do 5 nights on cash and 5 on points. Now I realize this is going to mean I can't book FP for all 10 nights. Or is there a way around it? We have AP's, so that means I can book 7 days of FP 60 days from our first check in date and will have to do midnight at day 55 again?

Due to some nights in my 10 night Swan reservation being (currently) sold out the week after Thanksgiving, when I attempted to apply SPG points to some of the nights, they had to rebook my single reservation into two separate 5 night reservations to do 5 nights on cash and 5 on points. Now I realize this is going to mean I can't book FP for all 10 nights. Or is there a way around it? We have AP's, so that means I can book 7 days of FP 60 days from our first check in date and will have to do midnight at day 55 again?
Onsite reservation > onsite reservation keeps the FP booking window open. So, you'll be able to book FPs for all 10 days when your first booking window opens because APs can book for the total # of onsite days, not limited to 7 days of FPs.

Onsite reservation > onsite reservation keeps the FP booking window open. So, you'll be able to book FPs for all 10 days when your first booking window opens because APs can book for the total # of onsite days, not limited to 7 days of FPs.
So the system is going to recognize the additional reservation to keep the booking window open without me needing to do anything additionally?

Another question: I have 2 rooms at the Swan for the first 5 days (family I'm using points for) and due to using my points, both reservations need to be kept in my name as primary. Does anyone have experience of this not causing a problem/glitch at day 60 when I go to book FP, that my name is in there twice? Again, we have AP's linked as media.

So the system is going to recognize the additional reservation to keep the booking window open without me needing to do anything additionally?

Another question: I have 2 rooms at the Swan for the first 5 days (family I'm using points for) and due to using my points, both reservations need to be kept in my name as primary. Does anyone have experience of this not causing a problem/glitch at day 60 when I go to book FP, that my name is in there twice? Again, we have AP's linked as media.
Yes, because the system recognizes Swan as onsite. Any onsite reservation leading to a consecutive onsite reservation keeps the FP booking window open.

And you want your name to be primary to maintain the "onsite > onsite" status.

I apologize if this is a repeat question - I've read through the thread and still feel confused about our split stay and the FP+ window. Any help would be appreciated!! We have an onsite package booked for a Sunday - Saturday (November 15th-21st) stay with 6 day tickets linked. We then decided to come in one day earlier and have a room only reservation onsite at a different hotel for Saturday night (the 14th). Will our 60 day fast pass window open based on our Sunday package arrival or our Saturday room only arrival? In MDE, the fast pass screen is indicating that our window won't open until 60 days from Sunday package. I was hoping there was a way to book one day earlier to get that leg up on the A&E meet and greet. :) Thanks!!

I apologize if this is a repeat question - I've read through the thread and still feel confused about our split stay and the FP+ window. Any help would be appreciated!! We have an onsite package booked for a Sunday - Saturday (November 15th-21st) stay with 6 day tickets linked. We then decided to come in one day earlier and have a room only reservation onsite at a different hotel for Saturday night (the 14th). Will our 60 day fast pass window open based on our Sunday package arrival or our Saturday room only arrival? In MDE, the fast pass screen is indicating that our window won't open until 60 days from Sunday package. I was hoping there was a way to book one day earlier to get that leg up on the A&E meet and greet. :) Thanks!!
It should open based on your Saturday onsite stay. Disney updated this a couple of weeks ago. Even with the package on the 2nd onsite stay, Disney now opens the booking window with the first onsite stay.

mesaboy2 is working on updating info regarding FPs booked with split stays, so, if you notice anything new or different, please post! :)

Thanks! I'll try for the Saturday stay date and cross my fingers. And will update here if I find anything different out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter