FASTPASS Day and very surprised

cisco911

Mouseketeer
So today was my 60 window for fast passes. Was on at 7am to do the work. I was so surprised as to how easy it was! There was not one attraction that I wanted to get at a time I wanted that was not available. Slinky Dog availability all day! 7DMT available all day! Flight of Passage available all afternoon the day we are at animal kingdom! I guess the summer is really soft this year or has the fact that people can't book 60 days out and then cancel their onsite reservations really made that much of a difference on fastpasses??? We are a party of 3 so maybe its is a small enough group too???

That's great. What days of your trip did SDD and FOP have such availability?

We are a party of ten going June 16-23 and I found the same thing. Got everything we wanted as well, and have changed things quite a few times since my 60 day mark and still had availability.

Major congrats to you. Last June we went and I was told that FoP would be impossible to get on Day 1. Well there it was and I snapped it up. Now we do stay onsite for the 60 day thing. Well that's my excuse at least.

I booked yesterday and had a similar experience. Got SDD at 60+3. We wanted an evening time, but times were available as early as mid afternoon. Also got FoP for the 9:00am hour at 60+6. We aren’t doing FP at AK that day, but I checked availability on our first park day (so 60+1) just for the fun of it and found FoP available in the 7:00pm hour.

I had issues with the oddest attractions. No problems with headliners but Haunted Mansion Mission: Space were both pains, been trying to modify to better times all morning.

So today was my 60 window for fast passes. Was on at 7am to do the work. I was so surprised as to how easy it was! There was not one attraction that I wanted to get at a time I wanted that was not available. Slinky Dog availability all day! 7DMT available all day! Flight of Passage available all afternoon the day we are at animal kingdom! I guess the summer is really soft this year or has the fact that people can't book 60 days out and then cancel their onsite reservations really made that much of a difference on fastpasses??? We are a party of 3 so maybe its is a small enough group too???
This was my exact experience today as well. Process was very easy, and we got everything we wanted.
We are a party of 6. I found all-day availability for FOP (60+4). The only attraction which had some limitations on availability was SDD (no morning slots), but we still got it at 2:50 (60+3).

I wonder if a lot of people who were close to going decided to wait a bit until after SWGE opens?

Anyway, congrats!!

A lot of people over exaggerate the difficulty of finding certain fast passes, if you’re responsible and on MDE when you should be it isn’t hard. Either way, congrats and have a great time!!

That's good to hear. I have to get ours in a couple of weeks for the first week in August. We are going to HS EMM so not so concerned with SDD, but we have only one day at AK and really want a FOP. Plan on rope dropping Navi like we have in the past. We are going towards the end of the trip so hopefully will have better luck.

I had a different experience. I logged in on our day at 6AM and went for three days after check-in for Slinky and it was gone, completely gone for the day already. I could get it the next day, but not the day we had planned to go to HS.

I had a different experience. I logged in on our day at 6AM and went for three days after check-in for Slinky and it was gone, completely gone for the day already. I could get it the next day, but not the day we had planned to go to HS.

Sometimes you do have to let the FPs dictate your plans, especially with SDD. Usually FOP is easy with even 60+1 or +2. I’ll rephrase my last post, with slight flexibility fast passes are not hard to find.

Sometimes you do have to let the FPs dictate your plans, especially with SDD. Usually FOP is easy with even 60+1 or +2. I’ll rephrase my last post, with slight flexibility fast passes are not hard to find.

Yes, that's true. I just didn't want to switch the HS day. I did book FP for the following day, in case we changed our minds. If not, I will release them and give someone a magical day. :) HS is normally a 1/2 day event for us, as we don't do RRC or ToT, so if we have wait it won't kill us. I have FP for SDD for the following Monday as well. We are doing a split stay and going to Vero Beach in the middle of our vacation. Monday we're going to Vero. In order to get tickets that would last for the 12 days we will be in Florida, I ended up having to buy an 8 day ticket even though we only really needed 6. So we'll just run into HS on our way to Vero and hit a couple rides and leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter