FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staying at the Dolphin starting 9/16. Have 4 day PH's in MDE along with the room reservation. Currently I can book FP's for the next 30 days. Will this change to 60 days once I get in the room reservation window?

Yes. From the Booking Windows post:
For onsite guests with a room-only reservation, the 60-day prebooking window will not appear until the 60-day mark, assuming valid tickets are attached to the account. Before this point only a 30-day window (from the current day) will be active, again assuming valid tickets are attached to the account. It is possible to practice booking FPs using this 30-day window.

My wife and I have APs and are arriving for a stay starting on the 17th and leaving on the 28th.
Another couple has a room+park package and is arriving on the 21st which is when their tickets would be considered active. We are both staying on property in separate resorts.

I want to get a FP for the group for an event on the 22nd on the day my 60 day window opens. Their tickets are not visible on my MDE.

Assuming the tickets or reservation are not linked on my account:

1) Can I get a FP for all of us on my window day 1?
2) if not, can I get a FP for all of us on their window day 1?

Do the above answers change if I can see their tickets in MDE?

If they can see my tickets in their MDE, can they book a FP for all 4 on OUR opening window day?

My wife and I have APs and are arriving for a stay starting on the 17th and leaving on the 28th.
Another couple has a room+park package and is arriving on the 21st which is when their tickets would be considered active. We are both staying on property in separate resorts.

I want to get a FP for the group for an event on the 22nd on the day my 60 day window opens. Their tickets are not visible on my MDE.

Assuming the tickets or reservation are not linked on my account:

Do the above answers change if I can see their tickets in MDE?

If they can see my tickets in their MDE, can they book a FP for all 4 on OUR opening window day?

To start with: if you can't see their tickets then you can't book fps for them at all. So first you will have to get that fixed. :)

Because they have package tickets you won't be able to book a fp for them until their window opens.

Reactions: jfh
1. No because their package is not yet open. You don’t see their tickets because of their package.
2. Yes.

To start with: if you can't see their tickets then you can't book fps for them at all. So first you will have to get that fixed. :)

Because they have package tickets you won't be able to book a fp for them until their window opens.

Thanks for the confirmation on the first point. I figured that was the case, so this may also be moot.

On the package tickets thing - is that because even if the package reservation was linked MDE wouldn't "see" they have any tickets until the 21st? i.e. Even though they will have tickets on the 22nd, MDE can't tell that until the 21st.

(That would seem to be an instance where it's a disadvantage to have a package)

Thanks for the confirmation on the first point. I figured that was the case, so this may also be moot.

On the package tickets thing - is that because even if the package reservation was linked MDE wouldn't "see" they have any tickets until the 21st? i.e. Even though they will have tickets on the 22nd, MDE can't tell that until the 21st.

(That would seem to be an instance where it's a disadvantage to have a package)

Yes.

- For purposes of booking FPs, tickets bought as part of a Disney room/ticket package behave differently than tickets bought separately. This distinction has major implications for booking FPs in some situations. Put simply, package tickets are not valid for any dates prior to the room check-in date. Tickets bought separately are valid immediately. It is never advantageous to have package tickets if a guest will be at Disney before their package starts. Additionally, package tickets complicate FP booking scenarios where two linked groups arrive on separate dates.

We have AP's and we have traveled with friends and family who have bought package tickets and I am pretty sure that their names and the type of package ticket that they bought appears in my MDX account in the list of tickets section. So that is what I meant when I said that you had to be able to see their tickets if you want to make fps. I am referring to the website not the app.

We have AP's and we have traveled with friends and family who have bought package tickets and I am pretty sure that their names and the type of package ticket that they bought appears in my MDX account in the list of tickets section. So that is what I meant when I said that you had to be able to see their tickets if you want to make fps. I am referring to the website not the app.

I understand. I believe that in order to see their tickets in my ticket section I either (a) have to enter a code for their tickets or reservation confirmation or (b) they have to have me set to view "All My Plans" in their Friends and Family list and not just "Only Our Shared Plans" (when the former is set, I can see that they have tickets; when the latter is set I cannot).

For whatever reason, they don't want to do either. It seems they will have to make any FPs for the 4 of us, since they can see all our plans/tickets, which is fine though I expect it will severely limit our chances of getting FPs for FoP or SDD or any of the popular Tier1 passes since we will lose the opportunity to book those for four additional days.

I understand. I believe that in order to see their tickets in my ticket section I either (a) have to enter a code for their tickets or reservation confirmation or (b) they have to have me set to view "All My Plans" in their Friends and Family list and not just "Only Our Shared Plans" (when the former is set, I can see that they have tickets; when the latter is set I cannot).

For whatever reason, they don't want to do either. It seems they will have to make any FPs for the 4 of us, since they can see all our plans/tickets, which is fine though I expect it will severely limit our chances of getting FPs for FoP or SDD or any of the popular Tier1 passes since we will lose the opportunity to book those for four additional days.
You’ll be able to book for them when their package window opens.

Book FPs for your own group for all park days when your own booking window opens.

When their package window opens, try to Add them to each of your booked FPs. @mesaboy2 linked the FP FAQ section that explains why you don’t see tickets for them.

You’ll be able to book for them when their package window opens.

Book FPs for your own group for all park days when your own booking window opens.

When their package window opens, try to Add them to each of your booked FPs.

But there's no inherent advantage to adding them to the existing FP rather than creating another for two during the same hour window right? (i.e. I'm not going to be able to add 2 more if someone else couldn't create a new 2 FP)

Of course it's easier if we are all on the same FP.

A related question - I create a FP for 2 on on of the days we want to go together. When their window opens, if they find a FP for 4 for the same attraction that conflicts with our window is MDE smart enough to save their FP for 4 and cancel our 2? Our would they be prevented from making the FP without removing us?

But there's no inherent advantage to adding them to the existing FP rather than creating another for two during the same hour window right? (i.e. I'm not going to be able to add 2 more if someone else couldn't create a new 2 FP)

Of course it's easier if we are all on the same FP.

A related question - I create a FP for 2 on on of the days we want to go together. When their window opens, if they find a FP for 4 for the same attraction that conflicts with our window is MDE smart enough to save their FP for 4 and cancel our 2? Our would they be prevented from making the FP without removing us?
They would have to remove you if FPs became available for 4.

The easiest is to ask them to convert their package reservation to room-only and then add in tickets via the app or by buying tickets through a discounter for them.

Then, when your window opens you can book all park days for all people including them.

I’m behind on this thread about 8 pages but I’ll throw out two questions. First, has anyone tried to book the Character Spot at Epcot as an additional FP since it’s now a tier 1 (did it switch over yet)?

How is the FP availability for SDD at 60+3? Or would I get better answers on the TSL thread?

TIA

Last edited:
When booking initial fast passes, do people prefer the app or the computer? I’ve always used the computer for initial and then modified with the app. Also, I can select everybody in my party now (before my fast pass date) and then it just says hold on, you need to link tickets/package. I’m assuming this is what it should be showing right now?

then it just says hold on, you need to link tickets/package. I’m assuming this is what it should be showing right now?
Yes. It’s explained in the Booking Section of this thread and is based on the fact that you booked a package that opens booking at exactly 60 days out.

Yes. It’s explained in the Booking Section of this thread and is based on the fact that you booked a package that opens booking at exactly 60 days out.

Thank you. I’ll go back and look through that now. I can only imagine how much of your time on this board is redirecting people to what has already been answered! Sorry!

Thanks in advance to all the experts who routinely answer all these questions. I’ve searched and I’m confusing myself so figured it’s time to break down and ask.

I have two stays coming up: August for 7 days and September for 5 days.

I have APs and will be staying onsite for both.

All 7 days of FPs have been booked for my August stay. My question is if these 7 days of FP will impact my ability to book my 5 days of FP for my September trip. It shouldn’t right because of the resort stays? If I didn’t have resort stays, then the 7 day FP rolling limit would apply.

My question is if these 7 days of FP will impact my ability to book my 5 days of FP for my September trip.
In the past, you would have been able to book FPs for all park days for Stay#2. Recent reports suggest a total of only 10 FP days across the 2 Stays.

If the system doesn’t allow booking for all 5 days of Stay#2, book FPs for 3 high priority days and fill in as you use days during your August trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter