FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll let you know if I get any FP availability before 60 days out, in case it's a helpful dp for others. If we lost out just for not adding early enough, what a sad lesson. (But the Disney agents certainly didn't make it seem like that.)

(The agent was trying to tell me not to worry, we'll probably get slinky dog fp at 60 days anyway. Hah. I can see what's available at 60, 61, 62 days from today, and it's zero.)

Last edited:
(The agent was trying to tell me not to worry, we'll probably get slinky dog fp at 60 days anyway. Hah. I can see what's available at 60, 61, 62 days from today, and it's zero.)

Actually, I just checked and surprisingly, SDD is available on day 62! And the agent should really think about what they say before saying it. That ride is one of THE hardest to get right at 60 days. I don't believe I've heard ANYONE say they have. Not to say it isn't happened though. I've heard 61 here and there and some 62s. But more often than not, SDD seems to be a 60+4 and up FP.

I am not finding my answer in search. There is STILL argument over whether your entire party needs a FP to obtain a Rider swap.... So what is it?? I have me, hubs, 8, 7 and 3 year olds. So for FOP, dad and girls ride first, do I NEED THE FP OR NOT? Can I book Navi for me and the boy and take him on that while they go on FOP? It's so all over the place it's frustrating. I just go by the rules I know which is we all have to get a FP, meaning my poor 3 year old is kind of screwed on rides, but that's okay we can do other things to keep him happy. Help me! My booking day is today and like, do I get FP for all of us or can I split? I hate to chance it you know!

I am not finding my answer in search. There is STILL argument over whether your entire party needs a FP to obtain a Rider swap.... So what is it?? I have me, hubs, 8, 7 and 3 year olds. So for FOP, dad and girls ride first, do I NEED THE FP OR NOT? Can I book Navi for me and the boy and take him on that while they go on FOP? It's so all over the place it's frustrating. I just go by the rules I know which is we all have to get a FP, meaning my poor 3 year old is kind of screwed on rides, but that's okay we can do other things to keep him happy. Help me! My booking day is today and like, do I get FP for all of us or can I split? I hate to chance it you know!
Rider Swap is addressed on the Families Board. It’s not contained in the FP FAQ.
https://www.disboards.com/forums/disney-for-families.23/

Has anyone had experience with losing FPs when cancelling an overlapping reservation? We've had a DVC reservation booked for months, then found out family were going with us the first week staying at a moderate resort. I had considered changing resorts to be at the same one as our family, so I went ahead and grabbed a reservation at their resort, before my FP+ booking date, which was Monday. Now I need to cancel one of our overlapping reservations. Will I lose our FPs, even though we will still have a reservation for the same dates?

Your FPs will remain intact based on your valid tickets and the new reservation. Go ahead and Cancel out the reservation you don’t need.

I'm actually cancelling the newer reservation, and keeping the one we've had for months. That shouldn't matter should it? And our tickets are annual passes, does that make any difference?

I have a question. We are going to DAH at HS and MK and want to eat dinner at the park right after entering at 7:00. That would only give us enough time for 1 FP at HS and 2 FP at MK. I have always booked 3. This won't be a problem will it? I also know in the past that people who have booked FP on their DAH night have had FP's cancelled on other days. Is this still a problem or have they resolved it?

My question is this. can I make fast passes for myself at one park and my adult grandson at another park at the same time..so I could go to AK and he could go to MK?

My question is this. can I make fast passes for myself at one park and my adult grandson at another park at the same time..so I could go to AK and he could go to MK?
Yes. You have the ability to choose people and then whatever FPs that are available.

Sorry if this has been asked before, is the 60+7 FP rule no longer possible? We have room only reservations for 6/28-6/30, but have a 8 day pass. Hoping we can make all FP res for the 8 days. Looking to still book onsite 6/30-7/7 but haven't yet. Thank you!

Sorry if this has been asked before, is the 60+7 FP rule no longer possible? We have room only reservations for 6/28-6/30, but have a 8 day pass. Hoping we can make all FP res for the 8 days. Looking to still book onsite 6/30-7/7 but haven't yet. Thank you!
If you book onsite Stay#2 before your FP window opens, you can book for all 8 park days. Without that Stay#2, you can only book through 6/30 and then you must wait until you are 30 days out from each of the rest of your park days.

If you book onsite Stay#2 before your FP window opens, you can book for all 8 park days. Without that Stay#2, you can only book through 6/30 and then you must wait until you are 30 days out from each of the rest of your park days.
Thanks for the quick reply!

I said I would post a follow-up to our situation. We had a split stay, first 4 days in AK, last 3 days in a Hilton in Disney Springs. According to several websites, we should have been able to book FPs for the whole 7 days, but it didn't work out that way. Instead, it let me book FPs only for the first part of the split stay. It treated each of the subsequent stays as a separate stay, so I could book at 60+2 instead of 60+7. If it's relevant, we don't have a 7 day pass or anything like that, we just have a 2 day conference park pass. (Which is why I was trying to be a little more diligent about getting good FPs.)

The upshot of this for us was that we couldn't get FPs to SDD, so now we'll have to see if we ropedrop it or stand in line for an hour in the summer heat.

Hiro says that might be due to me not adding the Disney Springs reservations quickly enough, that it's possible the MDE system recognized those reservations for some purposes but not for FP purposes. I can't say if this is true or not, I just wanted to add my dp in case it's helpful to others.

Just want to make sure I have the correct current information...

If I have a split stay between 2 or 3 Disney resorts, can I book all FP+ for the entire stay 60 days out from check-in at the first resort?

Wait...what?? The last two pages have confused me. I have us booked (package deal) at CSR 12/8 to 12/14. I am able to get fast passes for my whole stay (the 7 park ticket days) at 60 days out, correct?

I said I would post a follow-up to our situation. We had a split stay, first 4 days in AK, last 3 days in a Hilton in Disney Springs. According to several websites, we should have been able to book FPs for the whole 7 days, but it didn't work out that way. Instead, it let me book FPs only for the first part of the split stay. It treated each of the subsequent stays as a separate stay, so I could book at 60+2 instead of 60+7. If it's relevant, we don't have a 7 day pass or anything like that, we just have a 2 day conference park pass. (Which is why I was trying to be a little more diligent about getting good FPs.)

The upshot of this for us was that we couldn't get FPs to SDD, so now we'll have to see if we ropedrop it or stand in line for an hour in the summer heat.

Hiro says that might be due to me not adding the Disney Springs reservations quickly enough, that it's possible the MDE system recognized those reservations for some purposes but not for FP purposes. I can't say if this is true or not, I just wanted to add my dp in case it's helpful to others.
Thanks! Will note your experience if others on the Orlando Board experience the same separate booking windows.

Just want to make sure I have the correct current information...

If I have a split stay between 2 or 3 Disney resorts, can I book all FP+ for the entire stay 60 days out from check-in at the first resort?
Yes - onsite Splits have an 1 booking window for the complete 2 Stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter