• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our 60+ day window opened this morning and for the most part everything went smoothly. This was our first time using FP+ and we definitely were nervous going into the process. It didn't help when our party of 5 tried to book Frozen Ever After at 64 days out, and nothing was available til mid afternoon. Luckily that our all day Epcot day, with an afternoon break, so we just selected an evening time slot.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is a FP+ question exactly, but hope someone can help me out. My brother booked all our FP+s this morning and he was able to see all 5 people in our party (me, him, his wife and 2 daughters). I'm not able to see him as part of our party and was not able to add him to my party, at least prior to today. So when he looks at our Scheduled FPs he sees a party of 5, but when I look I see a party of 4 (he doesn't show). Is this going to be a problem? Since he already selected all or our FPs I don't want to mess anything up. Should I try to see If I'm able to add him again? Should we contact Disney and try to sort it out with them? Or are we better off taking care of it when we arrive at WDW in June?
It's not a problem. Just use your FPs as booked. He probably has his own MDE and he isn't set up for you to view and share.

It's not a problem. Just use your FPs as booked. He probably has his own MDE and he isn't set up for you to view and share.

Thanks, was hoping that was the case. I agree his MDE is probably the problem. For some reason he said he has 2 accounts. One under his full first name, Jonathan and the other under Jon. I know he used Jon to book our dining reservations and I can see Jon if I try to add/remove a FP guest. I'll need to talk to him about it, but I believed he had to use the Jonathan account to book the FPs. Do you know it that will cause any problems?

Thanks, was hoping that was the case. I agree his MDE is probably the problem. For some reason he said he has 2 accounts. One under his full first name, Jonathan and the other under Jon. I know he used Jon to book our dining reservations and I can see Jon if I try to add/remove a FP guest. I'll need to talk to him about it, but I believed he had to use the Jonathan account to book the FPs. Do you know it that will cause any problems?
It shouldn't. It means that you are linked correctly to the Jonathan account.

Question: It must be Jonathan, not Jon, who has the onsite reservation, correct? You are fine FP-wise and he uses the linked MB for park entrance and FP lines.

You are also fine with ADR names because names don't matter for Dining reservations.

It shouldn't. It means that you are linked correctly to the Jonathan account.

Question: It must be Jonathan, not Jon, who has the onsite reservation, correct? You are fine FP-wise and he uses the linked MB for park entrance and FP lines.

You are also fine with ADR names because names don't matter for Dining reservations.

That's what I'm thinking, but gonna talk to him about it this weekend. My thinking (guess) Is that they/he created the Jonathon account when he made our onsite reservations for this year and the Jon account was his account from or 2011 or 2013 trip? This will be our groups first Onsite DISNEY OWNED stay at the POP. Our previous 2 stays were at the Swan Dolphin.

Jonathon account when he made our onsite reservations for this year and the Jon account was his account from or 2011 or 2013 trip?
Yes, that would be correct because he made the FPs based on Jonathan. Your MDE is linked up to Jon.

Nothing to worry about as all FPs are intact.

My 77 yr old mom decided to go to disney with us after I already booked fps. I have added her to the rides I know she will ride but do I need her to add her to the ones she wont be riding like RnR, 7dmt etc? Will it matter if she only has two booked in regards to booking a 4th?

My 77 yr old mom decided to go to disney with us after I already booked fps. I have added her to the rides I know she will ride but do I need her to add her to the ones she wont be riding like RnR, 7dmt etc? Will it matter if she only has two booked in regards to booking a 4th?
If you are in a Tiered park or are planning to duplicate a ride you've already ridden, it's best for her to have the same 3 as everyone else. On the rides she won't ride, take her MB and scan it as you go through the FP line.

As soon as you enter the line for FP#3, you can book #4.

If you are in a Tiered park or are planning to duplicate a ride you've already ridden, it's best for her to have the same 3 as everyone else. On the rides she won't ride, take her MB and scan it as you go through the FP line.

As soon as you enter the line for FP#3, you can book #4.
Ok so at MK it won't matter because it's not tiered?

Ok so at MK it won't matter because it's not tiered?
It won't matter unless you want to duplicate a ride you've already completed.

Example: You've ridden Peter Pan and want to ride it again. She won't be able to get it as her 3rd but everyone else is eligible for PP as their 4th.

It's best to just add her onto the rides so everyone can freely book a 4th without keeping track of what she can or cannot do for her 3rd FP of the day.

That will actually be perfect for us. When you take the little one out of the head count we can spilt into Groups of 3 and 3.

Those "frontloaded" onsite stays opened up the booking window for all linked onsite stays.

The frontloaded rooms will be released after Stay#2's window "opens."

For guests with regular tickets linked in their MDE, the FPs remain but can't be Modified when a room is canceled during that grey period. No one has really researched what happens to FPs booked using linked APs.

If an AP has 2 onsite stays and Stay#2 is for 7 or more days with 7 days of booked FPs, Canceling Stay#1, even if there are only 2 FP days, will Cancel out Stay#1's FPs because APs can't have more than 7 days max unless they have lots of onsite stays.
This is the most applicable answer I can find to my question but alas it doesn't fully answer it!

I have an AP and currently have a two-week onsite reservation for early June. I'd like to move offsite for the first week. I had been thinking of moving offsite for the entire trip to have more space at less than half the cost (I reserved the FPs while waiting to receive the offsite price quote), but despite the offsite benefits I think we'd like to be onsite for the second half after all. I understand that if I cancel the onsite reservation for the first week that I'd lose my FPs for the first week if MDE does so in practice. Complicating matters is that either way I'd be keeping my 7 days of onsite FPs. Do these onsite FPs count against my 7-day offsite total such that if I lose my FPs for the first week I wouldn't be able to get them back without canceling some of my onsite FPs? I understand the quoted answer to this is yes! Alternatively, if I kept all 7 days of onsite FPs, would I be able to make day of FPs during my first week? If not, then the onsite portion is actually working against us and that may make a split stay a lot more hassle than it's worth. I'm totally happy to reserve FPs for 7 days 30 days in advance and the rest on a rolling basis if offsite the whole time, but not so much to pay Disney for a resort stay thereby losing the ability to book any FPs at all for the first week. :) Even if they were separate visits, not being able to make FPs if you have a week+ onsite stay following with FPs already booked would be a deterrent to visiting in the couple months before that. Thank you so much!

Question -- our check in date is June 17. All of the reservation calculators show April 18 as our FP ressie date BUT the MDE says we are 61 days to our vacation. Does that mean we can make ressies tomorrow?

Question -- our check in date is June 17. All of the reservation calculators show April 18 as our FP ressie date BUT the MDE says we are 61 days to our vacation. Does that mean we can make ressies tomorrow?
Perhaps MDE is considering only whole days? Sixty days before June 17th is April 18th as you said, so you'll be able to make them on Tuesday morning. Have fun!

I understand that if I cancel the onsite reservation for the first week that I'd lose my FPs for the first week if MDE does so in practice
Perhaps @cigar95 or @CAS239 can address this as they have APs... most who do Cancel an onsite reservation don't have more than 7 days of pre-booked FPs.

Do these onsite FPs count against my 7-day offsite total such that if I lose my FPs for the first week I wouldn't be able to get them back without canceling some of my onsite FPs?
When Stay#2 is onsite, the offsite park days for Stay#1 are included in the open 60-day window + length of stay. You can book for 7 offsite days and add in each needed Stay#2 days after using a day.

Alternatively, if I kept all 7 days of onsite FPs, would I be able to make day of FPs during my first week?
Yes. But you'd need to do it at a kiosk. A DISer ran a test where he loaded in 7 days of pre-booked FPs and when in the park, the system wouldn't allow him to book FPs via the app.

The kiosks allow FPs to be booked if there aren't any booked for that specific profile for that specific day.

Perhaps @cigar95 or @CAS239 can address this as they have APs... most who do Cancel an onsite reservation don't have more than 7 days of pre-booked FPs.
That would be helpful -- thank you!

When Stay#2 is onsite, the offsite park days for Stay#1 are included in the open 60-day window + length of stay. You can book for 7 offsite days and add in each needed Stay#2 days after using a day.
I understand that *if* don't have 7+ onsite days booked after the fact. I have no problem adding them one by one, but I'd need to cancel FPs for one or more days of Stay#2 to be able to make *any* FP for Stay#1 ahead of time, it seems? Staying partly onsite is making FPs harder rather than easier. :)

Yes. But you'd need to do it at a kiosk. A DISer ran a test where he loaded in 7 days of pre-booked FPs and when in the park, the system wouldn't allow him to book FPs via the app.

The kiosks allow FPs to be booked if there aren't any booked for that specific profile for that specific day.
Were those 7 days for an onsite stay? I understand that it may not matter, but that's where I'm struggling since I wish the offsite allotment were 7 days regardless of onsite plans. The kiosks are a helpful tip -- thank you so much!

If I had thought of this just a day or two sooner, I would have temporarily booked FPs for a day or two before my trip and then tried making my onsite FPs just to test it, but at this point it'd be a rough test to cancel FPs for over half of my trip. I didn't book them until about 54 days in advance so I could have delayed it a few more minutes. ;-) I had been thinking I'd get the first week's FPs at 30 days before realizing that I might be shooting myself in the foot with a split stay.

Thanks again!

Were those 7 days for an onsite stay? I understand that it may not matter, but that's where I'm struggling since I wish the offsite allotment were 7 days regardless of onsite plans. The kiosks are a helpful tip -- thank you so much!
He's a local so no onsite stay involved. The FP system seems to have very stringent parameters for APs and FP booking.

Hopefully an AP who has canceled an onsite stay with 7+ days of FPs can assist. :)

He's a local so no onsite stay involved. The FP system seems to have very stringent parameters for APs and FP booking.

Hopefully an AP who has canceled an onsite stay with 7+ days of FPs can assist. :)
Or more specifically for the first point canceled an onsite stay of any length while keeping a later onsite stay of 7+ days! For the second point no cancelation needed, just trying to reserve offsite FPs with a later stay of 7+ onsite days, especially if they already have FPs booked. Thank you very much! :)

Or more specifically for the first point canceled an onsite stay of any length while keeping a later onsite stay of 7+ days! For the second point no cancelation needed, just trying to reserve offsite FPs with a later stay of 7+ onsite days, especially if they already have FPs booked. Thank you very much! :)

My situation was not identical to yours, but I can comment on AP holder having an offsite stay followed by an on-site stay. We have Gold APs and booked FPs for an early December off site stay as well as an early January on site stay. Our Gold APs are blocked out on January 1-2, so we bought 2-day tickets over the phone in order to make FPs for those days, intending to upgrade to Platinum APs when we arrived in Orlando. But MDE would not allow me to make FPs for those two days, so I called. The CM for MDE had to call the FP CMs because she could not get the system to allow FPs for those dates either. The issue was the combination of an offsite stay first followed by an on-site stay. We were limited to a total of 9 or 10 FP days in that case. I had assumed that we could book FPs for the length of our on-site stay in January, but that was not true because we had "used up" FP days with our offsite December stay. So I had to wait until we used two days of FPs in December to book those two days of FPs for January 1 and 2.

As I said, not exactly the same as your situation but may be pertinent to your situation.

Edited to correct faulty memories!

Last edited:
My situation was not identical to yours, but I can comment on AP holder having an offsite stay followed by an on-site stay. We have Gold APs and booked FPs for an early December off site stay as well as an early January on site stay. Our Gold APs are blocked out on January 1-2, so we bought 2-day tickets over the phone in order to make FPs for those days, intending to upgrade to Platinum APs when we arrived in Orlando. But MDE would not allow me to make FPs for those two days, so I called. The CM for MDE had to call the FP CMs because she could not get the system to allow FPs for those dates either. It turns out that AP holders or any guests are not allowed to have any more than 10 days of FPs booked at any one time, and I had already booked a total of 10 days for the combination of our offsite December and on site January stays. So I had to wait until we used two days of FPs in December to book those two days of FPs for January 1 and 2.

As I said, not exactly the same as your situation but may be pertinent to your situation.
Thank you! Ten days total is interesting -- that makes more sense when a combination of trips are involved than 7 days in my opinion, though I hadn't heard that before! Before trying to add those two days, were you at exactly 10 days combined between your offsite and onsite FPs? In what order did you book those if you recall, and it sounds like there were no issues at that point? Thanks again!

It turns out that AP holders or any guests are not allowed to have any more than 10 days of FPs booked at any one time

Wow! I did not know about that or I would have freaked out last summer. But - given we stayed onsite all the time (in several resorts) I was able to book FP+ for every one of our 17 onsite days. We had a platinum pass that time, but I guess this won't make much difference. I did not have any trouble booking online.
Maybe this is something new?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter