Fastpass Lines

FallsChurchDad

Mouseketeer
What is the usual experience these days with FP return lines in DL and DCA?

We haven't been to Disneyland in 10 years. Back then, FP return was usually just a few minutes. It almost felt like cheating to run around pulling FPs and using them constantly.

On our trip last year to WDW, we waited up to 20 minutes for a few rides with FP. I think Flight of Passage, Space Mountain, Soarin', Test Track and Toy Story Mania were all pretty long. Whereas some other rides, like Expedition Everest, Mine Train, Winnie the Pooh, and Peter Pan, were really quick with FP.

In DL/DCA, are there rides that are notoriously long waits even with FP? Are there rides that are usually super quick with FP?

Thanks!

What is the usual experience these days with FP return lines in DL and DCA?

We haven't been to Disneyland in 10 years. Back then, FP return was usually just a few minutes. It almost felt like cheating to run around pulling FPs and using them constantly.

On our trip last year to WDW, we waited up to 20 minutes for a few rides with FP. I think Flight of Passage, Space Mountain, Soarin', Test Track and Toy Story Mania were all pretty long. Whereas some other rides, like Expedition Everest, Mine Train, Winnie the Pooh, and Peter Pan, were really quick with FP.

In DL/DCA, are there rides that are notoriously long waits even with FP? Are there rides that are usually super quick with FP?

Thanks!
Last year I was there and longest I waited was 20 minutes or so which was for Toy Story Midway Mania. Not too bad considering everyone else was waiting 120 minutes! Most FP lines are usually walk on, up to about 15 minutes in my experience.

Usually between 5-15 in my experience. If it’s longer than that, it has been due to the ride coming back up after being down and everyone’s rushing to use their fastpass. Also, if the ride is running at a smaller capacity. For example, I had a fastpass for Soarin’ and while redeeming it, an announcement said that one screen was broken. Fastpasses were slower but prioritized over the stand by line. Stand by line was doubled in time wait time.

Yeah, it is really fairly quick and if you have Maxpass, you can book your next FP as soon as you scan your ticket. Really very nice because your next FP return time usually starts about the time you are getting off the ride.

Generally 15-20 minutes at the most. On our last trip RSR was down for a few hours, it reopened towards the end of the day and the CMs were warning everyone that the FP line was 40+ minutes, but this is obviously an unusual case. We had reservations for Carthay Circle so could not do the 40 minute wait even though we had FPs, so we asked the CM by the umbrella if we could get FPs for the following day instead and she was happy to oblige.

I'm sure it depends on the day, but we were there Mon-Wed of this week and I believe our longest FP wait was maybe 10 minutes at the most.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter