FastPass restrictions for split stays

@KAT4DISNEY I understand. But as it turns out if the system does not allow DVC members to book fastpass for the entire length of a split stay then the movement around resorts will be less frequent and perhaps those SSR points will stick to the home resort.

Last edited:
@KAT4DISNEY I understand. But as it turns out if the system does not allow DVC members to book fastpass for the entire length of a split stay then the movement around resorts will be less frequent and perhaps those SSR points will stick to the home resort.

Yes, it might end up influencing booking. There's been a couple of responses here already that indicate it would cause them to think about it.

Quick update - Me and my family have a split stay coming up (week after Easter) staying at VGF/Poly & I was able to book all of my fast passes yesterday for the complete stay (7 days). The only interesting thing is that yesterday was 61 days, not that I am complaining and I was pleasantly surprised plus I got all of the rides we wanted.

Quick update - Me and my family have a split stay coming up (week after Easter) staying at VGF/Poly & I was able to book all of my fast passes yesterday for the complete stay (7 days). The only interesting thing is that yesterday was 61 days, not that I am complaining and I was pleasantly surprised plus I got all of the rides we wanted.
Sadly the restrictions came into play today. So I’m not sure if yesterday was any indication. But it does give me hope.

I called DVC about this. While on the cash side I confirmed (through dummy reservation and with MDE technical support) split stays are now considered two separate reservations and have their own fastpass booking window, MS claims this is not the case for DVC. They say DVC resort stays (and stays made through MS) will register as a continuous stay for making fastpasses. Unfortunately this is much harder to test short term needing rooms and points. But MS and their support staff claim back to back reservations have one booking period for fastpasses just like DVC has that for ADR too. Though they said we shouldn't have to call like we do with ADR. Maybe someone with a split stay setup soon can confirm what MS told me today.

I have been conversing with Disney regarding fastpass loopholes and the changes today closed many of them and I think split stays if effected were not the target. They were the unfortunate side-effect of killing leading reservation, throwaway rooms, and other fastpass loopholes. Many of which are done now.
I have not called MS yet, but this did not work for me....
Well, I am DVC and AP holder so I tried to see if a split stay will automatically be seen as continuous and open up the duration.
1. Made a reservation SSR std studio 4/24-4/26 (60-62 days out)
2. Linked the reservation to MDE - could only book FP through 3/25
3. Checked into SSR - could select FP from today through 3/25 and 4/24 - 4/26
4. Made a reservation SSR pref studio 4/26-4/27
5. Linked the reservation to MDE and checked in - Can still only see through 3/25 and 2/24 - 4/26, not 4/27

Since I am right at the 60 day FP window, I did not book any FP's. I don't want to mess with someone's plans real planning process.
And both room types still have availability after I booked my rooms, so I am currently not impacting anyone's ability to book a room.

So the reservations did not automatically link for DVC either. Since Member Services (MS) is not open yet, I have not called them. I may call them later today after the 9am rush, but I will definitely call MS on 3/6 when my 60 day window opens on a real split stay.

Well, I am DVC and AP holder so I tried to see if a split stay will automatically be seen as continuous and open up the duration.
5. Linked the reservation to MDE and checked in - Can still only see through 3/25 and 2/24 - 4/26, not 4/27

Since I am right at the 60 day FP window, I did not book any FP's. I don't want to mess with someone's plans real planning process.
And both room types still have availability after I booked my rooms, so I am currently not impacting anyone's ability to book a room.

So the reservations did not automatically link for DVC either. Since Member Services (MS) is not open yet, I have not called them. I may call them later today after the 9am rush, but I will definitely call MS on 3/6 when my 60 day window opens on a real split stay.
I would be interested what MS tells you. They assured me it wouldn’t be effected but I didn’t have points to test it. So thanks for that. Please do report back what they tell you. Just remember you need to get them to confirm it used to work that way first because they might be briefed when they ask for you to say “it always worked this way”

Are same guests (same lead guest) on each reservation? Just a thought.

Obviously yesterday I was taking what they said with a grain of salt. Sad if this is the case because it might make 7 months even more difficult now.

Yes, it might end up influencing booking. There's been a couple of responses here already that indicate it would cause them to think about it.

It would have 100% influenced my booking. We’re doing 5 nights at BLT and 2 at OKW this summer.

Our original plan was to do all 7 at kidani, since our #1 priority for the first five nights of our trip is having a second bathroom in the one bed villa, but when a one bedroom standard at BLT was open at 7 months, I jumped on it for the portion of our stay when we’ll have an extra person (hello, extra bathroom!) and booked the last 2 nights at OKW to save points since BLT was more than Kidani. Anyway, had I known about these restrictions I would have just booked all 7 at Kidani.

The only fast passes I’m worried about missing out on are slinky dog and flight of passage. Although when you look at it that way, I may be getting stressed over two attractions, which seems silly. I just really wanted to get my 5 year old on slinky dog without a lot of hassle.

I just did my own little experiment. I don’t have a lot of points to play with but I was able to do a split stay of 1 night each at SSR and OKW: 04/24-04/25 & 04/25-04/26.

I entered them into MDE and attached them to a profile that has a 5-day hopper attached to it (older pass that is not date-specific). The FP 60-day date for 4/24 is today. If split stays were to be treated as separate FP windows, then I should have only been able to book FP for 04/24 & 04/25.

Using the app, I was able to book a FP for 4/26.

I then went into the DVC website and modified the “lead” reservation to cover 04/26-04/27, instead of 04/24-04/25, just to see if the FP would cancel. It did not. However, the app now shows that I can book FPs for 04/27 whereas it only showed FP dates thru 04/26 prior to this. Not a only that, but it also shows that I can no longer book FPs for 04/24. Yet, now my official stay does not begin until 04/25 which is still 61 days away.

I’ll keep tabs on whether either FP drops in the next two days but so far it appears that DVC split stays are being treated like continuous stays for FP purposes.

I just did my own little experiment. I don’t have a lot of points to play with but I was able to do a split stay of 1 night each at SSR and OKW: 04/24-04/25 & 04/25-04/26.

I entered them into MDE and attached them to a profile that has a 5-day hopper attached to it (older pass that is not date-specific). The FP 60-day date for 4/24 is today. If split stays were to be treated as separate FP windows, then I should have only been able to book FP for 04/24 & 04/25.

I then went into the DVC website and modified the “lead” reservation to cover 04/26-04/27, instead of 04/24-04/25, just to see if the FP would cancel. It did not. However, the app now shows that I can book FPs for 04/27 whereas it only showed FP dates thru 04/26 prior to this. Not a only that, but it also shows that I can no longer book FPs for 04/24. Yet, now my official stay does not begin until 04/25 which is still 61 days away.

I’ll keep tabs on whether either FP drops in the next two days but so far it appears that DVC split stays are being treated like continuous stays for FP purposes.
Interesting your experience was different than above. I hope your experience is going to be consistent and keep happening. Else moving at 7 months got much harder. Look forward to other member experiences. Quoted below

Last edited:

Thanks for the report! I wanted to try this with my extra points as well, but I am maxed out on FP days that I can make on my AP due to an onsite stay in early April. I hope this is how DVC split stays will continue to work.

Hmmm...we have done split stays for 2 out of the last 3 stays at WDW with our points. We did a BWV/BCV split and a BLT/Poly split. They were all legitimate and our actual reservations that we used. I am extremely interested to learn whether or not this will impact our FP booking. If it does, we may be done with split stays. :(

Hmmm...we have done split stays for 2 out of the last 3 stays at WDW with our points. We did a BWV/BCV split and a BLT/Poly split. They were all legitimate and our actual reservations that we used. I am extremely interested to learn whether or not this will impact our FP booking. If it does, we may be done with split stays. :(
@Marionnette says it worked for her. Just conflicted with @DaveNan so hopefully we get more members to share to give definitive confirmation DVC is different than the cash side.

Interesting your experience was different than above. I hope your experience is going to be consistent and keep happening. Else moving at 7 months got much harder. Look forward to other member experiences. Quoted below
I don’t know whether @DaveNan used the app or MDE website. I was using the android version of the app with the most recent update.

ETA: unlike DaveNan, I did not need to do online check in to be able to book the FPs. Just another DP to add to the conversation.

Last edited:
Ok, here is my situation. I am booked for the following dates..

03/30- Port Orleans/ with 3-day base tickets
03/31-04/04- SSR

Now I have my fast passes booked and good to go and was able to book them for my entire length of stay last month. Now the reason I booked the one night at POR was the fact I wanted one more night on property, but the biggest fact was the price on the tickets. I saved close to $300 on the tickets verses Disney, and a small amount on the room too. I could not have gotten those discounted tickets without the night at POR. Now this was considered a continuous stay last month, but no longer would be in Disney's eyes.

03/31-04/04- SSR

Now I have my fast passes booked and good to go and was able to book them for my entire length of stay last month. Now the reason I booked the one night at POR was the fact I wanted one more night on property, but the biggest fact was the price on the tickets. I saved close to $300 on the tickets verses Disney, and a small amount on the room too. I could not have gotten those discounted tickets without the night at POR. Now this was considered a continuous stay last month, but no longer would be in Disney's eyes.
I hope you’re fine.

I have 1 night BWV in a BW View studio, following by 3 nights BWV BW View studio (cant combine due to different memberships) followed by 3 nights AKV CL. All FPs were booked when the 60-day window opened for night #1.

You will be there before me, so I will be interested to hear how it shakes out for you.

03/31-04/04- SSR

My understanding when I called MS is yes they would no longer be considered continuous because your one night was booked outside of MS or DVC. As for you already having made your selection I’m sure they will stay unless you cancel days of the trip then perhaps stuff will happen. I can’t imagine Disney taking them away from people who booked under their old treatment of split stays.

I think the purpose of this thread is for split stays that haven’t yet or just are opening for fastpass selections as of starting yesterday when the change went into effect.

I don’t know whether @DaveNan used the app or MDE website. I was using the android version of the app with the most recent update.

ETA: unlike DaveNan, I did not need to do online check in to be able to book the FPs. Just another DP to add to the conversation.
I tried on both the website and on the iOS app.

I was just on the phone with MS for 40 minutes. The first response was, "That should work". After a quick look I was put on hold and the issues was discussed by MS. MS came back and said everyone believes it should work. Then he looked at my reservations and accessed my MDE account. MS confirmed I could not book 4/27, but reiterated I should be able to. After 2 more more rounds of holding and still no understanding of why I couldn't, I asked if I could get informed as to the result by email. MS stated, they could not email me, but they could call me back with an explanation/resolution. They knew I was just testing the system, but they never offered to manually override the system. When they call me back, I will ask if that is possible. So, MS confirmed it should work, but for me, it is not working.

Did the reservations automatically show up in your MDE account or did you have to link them in the MDE app?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter