FastPass restrictions for split stays

My understanding when I called MS is yes they would no longer be considered continuous because your one night was booked outside of MS or DVC. As for you already having made your selection I’m sure they will stay unless you cancel days of the trip then perhaps stuff will happen. I can’t imagine Disney taking them away from people who booked under their old treatment of split stays.

I think the purpose of this thread is for split stays that haven’t yet or just are opening for fastpass selections as of starting yesterday when the change went into effect.
You are correct. I was just trying to point out what I have already done for this trip and how I would longer be able to do it.

Well, I just got a call back. They still do not know why it is not working online for me, but they were offering to manually book FP's for the 27th for me. In the meantime, they have a ticket to investigate the issue. I will keep my reservations for 2 more days before I cancel. I expect the 27th to become available then. I thanked them for the offer, and stated that we may be talking for real in a 11 days, when I will need FP's for a real reservation.

I wonder if I'll have issues booking FPs. AP holder, staying at Dolphin 05/4/19-5/6/19 then switching to BLT 5/7-5/10 :confused3:confused3
My understanding, but hopefully I’m wrong, is that this will now fall under the new restrictions and will be treated as two separate reservations with two different FP windows.

My understanding, but hopefully I’m wrong, is that this will now fall under the new restrictions and will be treated as two separate reservations with two different FP windows.
MS told me that split stays would only be treated as a single continuous (as far as they could confirm) reservation if both were made through MS. However some are reporting to have it work on the cash side today and DSS are telling club level guests they can do it as a single window. So hopefully the split stays was a glitch they plan on fixing. Just cancel Fastpasses if they were made 60 days prior to any check in date you currently have. Removes leading reservations and other problems.

MS told me that split stays would only be treated as a single continuous (as far as they could confirm) reservation if both were made through MS. However some are reporting to have it work on the cash side today and DSS are telling club level guests they can do it as a single window. So hopefully the split stays was a glitch they plan on fixing. Just cancel Fastpasses if they were made 60 days prior to any check in date you currently have. Removes leading reservations and other problems.

So if we made 2 reservations for a split stay via the online tool and not MS, then we need to call MS?

So if we made 2 reservations for a split stay via the online tool and not MS, then we need to call MS?
They were saying outside of the DVC system. So they meant cash stays booked through DVC would be exempt. I didn’t have a chance to verify this as I don’t have any points to try it. So I think two DVC point stays booked through the online system would be okay.

They were saying outside of the DVC system. So they meant cash stays booked through DVC would be exempt. I didn’t have a chance to verify this as I don’t have any points to try it. So I think two DVC point stays booked through the online system would be okay.

Ok. Thanks for the info. It's certainly a lot to digest.

Ok. Thanks for the info. It's certainly a lot to digest.
Agreed I really hope split stays keep working as continuous. Though as reported above at least one it worked flawless and another had MS say they could do it for them. So looking okay.

Here's my situation (seems I'm not entirely alone):
Booked the nights of 5/8-5/10 at Pop Century (cash reservation)
Booked the nights of 5/11-5/13 at SSR (DVC points)

We are AP holders and the AP FP "policy" on the AP website states that an AP holder with an onsite resort reservation can book at 60 days for the length of stay OR up to 7 days. Note, it does not say that your stay must be the whole 7 days. The only limitation it indicates is that if your stay is more than 14 days, you would only be able to book 14 days total. So it would seem that I should be fine to book my 6 night trip at the 60 day mark even though my entire stay is not DVC, and even though I have what they now consider 2 different stays.

I'm not sure who to call first. AP help line? MS? It seems DVC MS is able to help those with 2 DVC stays but that doesn't apply to me.

Thanks a lot, people! Now I’m nervous! November will be our 1st DVC stay at WDW and our 1st ever split stay(we have 2 home resorts). Everyone always talked about how awesome split stays were and now I’m scared :scared: I BLAME YOU ALL!!(j/k of course)

Well, I just got a call back. They still do not know why it is not working online for me, but they were offering to manually book FP's for the 27th for me. In the meantime, they have a ticket to investigate the issue. I will keep my reservations for 2 more days before I cancel. I expect the 27th to become available then. I thanked them for the offer, and stated that we may be talking for real in a 11 days, when I will need FP's for a real reservation.
Well as expected, this morning the 27th showed up as available for FP's. The reservations have now been cancelled (and of course MDE still shows I can get FP's those days, out of curiosity I will track that availability over the next 30 days). This just doesn't match other posts about availability being there early and even before the 60 day window. Oh well, I'll wait till 3/6 and possibly be on the phone for another 40 min.. At least my split stay is 5/2 so I'll only be a few hours late on getting FP's on days 60+6 and 60+7.

Hello there, normally I’m a lurker around here since I usually don’t have much to contribute, but this is an opportunity for me to share my experience and “give back” a bit...

It just so happens that as this new FP+ policy rolled out, I had already booked a split DVC/DVC stay for the end of April. The 60 day FP+ window opened at 7 am this morning (unfortunately I didn’t get lucky with the “glitch” some folks reported; I could not book any FP+ early). I had already set up online check in for both parts of the trip, and there were 6 day tickets linked to all guests.

I logged into the app this morning right after 7 am, and sure enough I can only book FP+ during the first hotel stay (2 nights), NOT the second part of the split stay. Now, I didn’t go through the trouble of calling MS because we’re not super concerned about FP+ during this particular trip, but long story short (at this point in time) people who have split stays are at a definite disadvantage for FP+ bookings. I feel like this may just be a technical issue with the online system vs the actual Disney policy on split stays, but even if it’s just a tech problem, who knows how long it will take to correct.

I just did my own little experiment. I don’t have a lot of points to play with but I was able to do a split stay of 1 night each at SSR and OKW: 04/24-04/25 & 04/25-04/26.

A. I entered them into MDE and attached them to a profile that has a 5-day hopper attached to it (older pass that is not date-specific). The FP 60-day date for 4/24 is today. If split stays were to be treated as separate FP windows, then I should have only been able to book FP for 04/24 & 04/25.​

Using the app, I was able to book a FP for 4/26.

B. I then went into the DVC website and modified the “lead” reservation to cover 04/26-04/27, instead of 04/24-04/25, just to see if the FP would cancel. It did not. However, the app now shows that I can book FPs for 04/27 whereas it only showed FP dates thru 04/26 prior to this. Not a only that, but it also shows that I can no longer book FPs for 04/24. Yet, now my official stay does not begin until 04/25 which is still 61 days away.​

I’ll keep tabs on whether either FP drops in the next two days but so far it appears that DVC split stays are being treated like continuous stays for FP purposes.
I’m just checking back in concerning my experiment. The 48 hours for part A has passed with no emails about canceling FPs. The FPs are still there even though the leading reservation was cancelled.

I have cancelled the reservations covered in part B. The FPs are still there. I will now watch another 48hours to see if those FPs drop.

To recap:
  • I was able to book FPs across a split stay.
  • I was able to book FPs at 60+1 day even after the leading reservation was modified to a later date.
  • FPs made with a leading reservation were not cancelled even 48+ hours later.

This was a huge rumor in early Feb, originally thought to be starting on Feb 4th. There was a lengthy thread on the rumors page. It was closed a few days later when nothing happened. I spoke to a co-worker whose DW works for one of the Disney focused travel agencies about the rumor this week, and he stated it was happening and Disney had communicated it to her company. He even said they were told it was specifically targeted at leading reservations, not bait and switch cancellations or throw-aways.

Can you explain the difference between the 3? Throw away, lead in and bait and switch?

A number of people are now reporting calling in to MS today and being told that DVC split stays will be treated the same as cash split stays with regards to FP's.

A number of people are now reporting calling in to MS today and being told that DVC split stays will be treated the same as cash split stays with regards to FP's.
Were are they reporting this at? Also I guess it trickled in slower to them that they would be effected.

That would be unfortunate... I really hope this becomes one of those decisions they walk back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter