Fastpass time changed by Disney

Happened to us, too, and silly me, I hadn't updated my email address to my phone rather than my home email, and we didn't get the notice. I only saw it because I went in to my phone to change something. In our instance, they were closing the park earlier than originally planned. Something that is common in January.

I'm just sorta wondering why you have separate phone and home email accounts?

I'm just sorta wondering why you have separate phone and home email accounts?

LOL - coz I am an old woman who only got a smart phone to bring on that Disney trip, and didn't know that it wasn't the same account! I now have that updated, and will no longer come home from a Disney trip to find an email telling me that there are jewels all over the tracks of 7DMT and we will have to try to ride later!!!

LOL - coz I am an old woman who only got a smart phone to bring on that Disney trip, and didn't know that it wasn't the same account! I now have that updated, and will no longer come home from a Disney trip to find an email telling me that there are jewels all over the tracks of 7DMT and we will have to try to ride later!!!

HA, fair enough! It can be daunting keeping up with the rapid technological changes that are going on these days.

Interesting...I just checked the website. Park hours today for AK are 8AM-8:30PM BUT KS hours are listed as 9:00AM-8:30PM. This is going to change things as my plan was to RD the safari at 8. Hmmm.....

Thank you! I tried that number with no luck. I was told to go to guest services when I am at AK that day and try to change the time.
No, no, no!
Call back.
Ask someone else or try another number.
Search here even, read other posts where this has happened and see if that person mentions who they called. I would not wait to get it handled while there (unless I'm mistaken, possible, and that's what others have done). I really think when you are there is too late. Plus, who wants to deal with the time it will take then? Those GS lines can be long

I was wondering why Disney might change an attraction fastpass time on you? They changed it to a time I am not happy with and there is no other fastpass times available for me to modify to a different time.

Has this happened to anyone? And how did you fix it? Thanks!

This happened to me in December. They were closing the attraction early and moved our FP to earlier in the afternoon during my son's nap time. I called Guest Services and they could not help me (though they tried). But they cannot create FPs, they only have what is available to everyone. I asked about getting an anytime FP for that attraction and they said I could only do that at the park the day of. But they told me to bring the email showing that Disney had changed it and that the new time didn't work for us and GS should be able to make it an anytime. When we got to the park that afternoon, GS line was crazy so we ended up just doing standby. It was for Disney Junior and doesn't really need one, but it's a must do for our son, so we always get it. But with the Safari, I would definitely try and get one.

No, no, no!
Call back.
Ask someone else or try another number.
Search here even, read other posts where this has happened and see if that person mentions who they called. I would not wait to get it handled while there (unless I'm mistaken, possible, and that's what others have done). I really think when you are there is too late. Plus, who wants to deal with the time it will take then? Those GS lines can be long

This same thing happened to me. I called 3 times and every time was the same answer and response, but each CM really did try. It really stinks because Disney has created this environment of having to pre-plan, but then change plans on people at the last minute.

This happened to us a couple of years ago. I didn't notice it and showed up at our originally scheduled FP time. They gave us a FP that could be used anytime for the inconvenience.

Interesting...I just checked the website. Park hours today for AK are 8AM-8:30PM BUT KS hours are listed as 9:00AM-8:30PM. This is going to change things as my plan was to RD the safari at 8. Hmmm.....

This is happening to us on 3/23 as well. We originally had 9:00 FoP, 10:00 KS, 11:00 EE.

Park opening changed to 8:00. Obviously, FoP couldn't be changed. We moved KS up to 8:00. Not necessary if we are there at RD, but gives the option of not being there at 8:00 RD since we are doing early mornings almost every day. Moved EE to 10:00.

Received e-mail that our KS was moved to later in the day. Ended up going back to the original set up. I think this is the cost of the late nights at AK. They simply cannot keep the Safari open that many hours.

This happened to me in December. They were closing the attraction early and moved our FP to earlier in the afternoon during my son's nap time. I called Guest Services and they could not help me (though they tried). But they cannot create FPs, they only have what is available to everyone. I asked about getting an anytime FP for that attraction and they said I could only do that at the park the day of. But they told me to bring the email showing that Disney had changed it and that the new time didn't work for us and GS should be able to make it an anytime. When we got to the park that afternoon, GS line was crazy so we ended up just doing standby. It was for Disney Junior and doesn't really need one, but it's a must do for our son, so we always get it. But with the Safari, I would definitely try and get one.
That is flat out incorrect. I have gotten anytime FP put in my account in advance of my trip. Others have too. Not for this reason but the reason should not matter. An anytime FP is any anytime FP and can be placed in an account prior to arrival.

I can understand if the FP you had was for a time that was no longer offered for some reason but if you the FP you had was for hours the ride is still operating there is no reason for them to have moved the FP in the first place. I don't understand why an hours change is causing them to move FP that aren't impacted by the change in park hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter