FAT TUESDAY - MARCH 4th - what is everyone doing?

williejs

Earning My Ears
Will be at Old Key West on Tuesday March 4th - which is FAT TUESDAY. What is everyone doing? Pleasure Island? Should I bring beads to trade? Should we do this vs. E-ticket at MK? All adults here... so just looking for the most fun. Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated. We do have a car so if Universal is more FUN - that is an option also - I would think Pat O'Briens would have something FUN in store for all.:Pinkbounc

Out of curiosity ... what's Fat Tuesday?:p

Fat Tuesday - also know as SHROVE TUESDAY or PANCAKE DAY is the BIG PARTY DAY before LENT BEGINS and we all start "BEHAVING." The biggest parties are in NEW ORLEANS... but everyone celebrates these days even close to home. The religious community will host pancake and sausage dinners. A lot of people will go out for the BIG PARTY DRUNK. Since a lot of people give up something like alcohol for Lent (that starts on ASH WEDNESDAY and goes through Easter) Fat Tuesdays is like the LAST BIG PART DAY for 40 days and 40 nights.

I too will be at OKW from 3/2-3/7 with ten, count em, ten college girls LOL. DD must have caught me at a weak moment. Mary

Hadn't thought about it ... but my husband will be attending a class at church that night. After almost 20 years of marriage he made the decision to become a convert to our (mine and the kid's) religion.

I told him now that HE won't be able to eat meat on Friday's during lent either!! LOL

I know this makes me sound like a heretic but if I was lucky enough to be in Orlando on Fat Tuesday I would probably head over to USF and Islands of Adventure, it is a <b>huge</b> party over there for Mardi Gras :) Of course, I've never experienced Mardi Gras at Pleasure Island...I should do that, shouldn't I?

It's not an issue though, because I have to stay home instead :(

If they would pick up the Adventurers Club with a helicopter and deposit it at Universal I'd consider going over there....but since they won't do that, it's PI for me.

I'll be packing for my trip to DL (our first day at DL is Ash Wed-no snacking for me:( ). A few years ago, DD and I spent Fat Tuesday at PI. It was a lot of fun. I still have all the beads I caught from the parade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter