Favorite Advent Calendars??

I’ve made my own Advent Calendars several times. (It never works out to be inexpensive but it’s fun to really personalize them!)
I’ve most often made them using the wedding favor boxes that they sell at Hobby Lobby. I number the tops and then glue them together in a square or in the shape of a Christmas tree.
The past few years, my daughter and I have made a calendar for my parents. We put silly little things in some boxes and then gift cards or other cute things in others. They really enjoy it and we like making it for them! I threw away the boxes that we used last year and I think this year I’m goning to go with 25 lunch bags. This will give us more options for larger items. It’s hard to find enough tiny items for the boxes!

I don't know how you do it to get 25 cute things. I can't ever seem to get enough for Easter eggs, so I think an Advent calendar would kill me. But it would be totally awesome if I could pull it off.

Every year, our elf brings the LEGO Star Wars Advent calendar and pj’s. They’re waiting when we get home from our Thanksgiving getaway (the whole family spends Thanksgiving together in a house in the mountains) on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Then we go out and get our tree. Family tradition.

I also buy a Religious one with chocolate that is opened each morning before school along with the LEGO. Chocolate from an Advent Calendar is
exempt from the “no junk at breakfast” rule. :-)

I bought myself a Tea advent calendar from David's Tea last year. It was great, but I had a hard time keeping up with it. I'm excited to know other "Adult" advent calendars exist!

These are excellent points. Vinebox really is just a "taste", and yes, it is the price of a large Christmas gift. I think it's officially off my list of possibilities.

I'm going to have to look for this! Where in Costco did you find it?

The beer advent calendar was on an endcap at the aisle that has beer, cases of canned drinks etc.

I've just ordered the Sephora calendar for myself, I'll be ordering a Beer one for DH and my Mum is here for all of December so I'm thinking about getting her the L'Occitane calendar. We don't have lots of people to buy for at Christmas so this is something nice we can do together for December.

I'm in two minds whether to buy the beer advent calendar or to make myself. I don't have a lot of time to be making things at this time of year.

So I just got the Lindt advent calendars for my DD, DS and his wife, and her son. Thank goodness my Christmas fund is full!

I bought myself a Tea advent calendar from David's Tea last year. It was great, but I had a hard time keeping up with it. I'm excited to know other "Adult" advent calendars exist!
Do they sell these online or only in the store?

I have an advent calendar from Pottery Barn. It was a Christmas gift one year. I put candy and stickers in it for my kids.

How about a Lego advent calendar for the boys? Most boys I know never outgrow legos :) Depending on their interest, the Star Wars Lego calendar could be fun.

My daughter loved the Advent Legos calendar she received in college. They aren’t just for boys!

Lindt store or are they elsewhere?
I just bought the advent calendars from the Lindt website for $12.99! They are having 50% off sale with exception of Christmas stuff. Code freeship75 for over $75. I went ahead and ordered some of the LINDOR truffles for gifts. Oh man. I just ordered a ton of school fundraiser chocolate too.
How is it I’m spending more money after reading a budget board???

Last edited:
I just bought the advent calendars from the Lindt website for $12.99! They are having 50% off sale with exception of Christmas stuff. Code freeship75 for over $75. I went ahead and ordered some of the LINDOR truffles for gifts. Oh man. I just ordered a ton of school fundraiser chocolate too.
How is it I’m spending more money after reading a budget board???

I did this last year and ate the d*&( chocolate before christmas!!! Around BF they will do free ship and calandars on sale ..I am holding out b/c I have no willpower with chocolate sitting aournd!!!

I really enjoy making my own. Granted it's only DH and I so I only have to make one. The first two years I did plain white envelopes that I decorated then taped them to a wall in the shape of a Christmas tree. Last year I got a pack of paper Christmas bag from Dollar Tree and numbered them. I do his favorite things like cashews, candy, $1 scratch tickets, homemade coupons (like a movie night of his choosing, no complaining from me on said choice lol)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter