Votes: 16 12.9%
  • Via Napoli

Votes: 37 29.8%
  • Enzos Hideaway

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Maria & Enzos

Votes: 5 4.0%

• Total voters
We tried Il Mulino for the first time a few weeks ago. We weren’t very impressed. We’ll be back at Tutto Italia on our next trip.

I checked for the menu a couple of places, this what is listed.
Il Mulino children's menu--
2 varieties of pizza
3 pastas (didn't see ravioli)
Chicken parmigiana

If I remember correctly, all of the pastas on the menu can be ordered as half plates. (Never have done such a thing in my life. LOL.)

Il Mulino gets rave reviews on this board. So, I gave it a try last week. Its a dud. There's only one pasta dish to offer a real protein with it (so that's what I ordered, seafood on spaghetti). None of the protein dishes offer a pasta side. Two breads offered for bread service, one with good flavor, the other plain white bread. Olive oil on table but no spice or cheese offered with. Huge wine menu here & half size pasta portions, which I recommend. Tiramisu nothing to write home about. Don't plan to go back unless staying at the Swalphin.

Last edited:
Il Mulino gets rave reviews on this board. So, I gave it a try last week. Its a dud. There's only one pasta dish to offer a real protein with it (so that's what I ordered, seafood on spaghetti). None of the protein dishes offer a pasta side. Two breads offered for bread service, one with good flavor, the other plain white bread. Olive oil on table but no spice or cheese offered with. Huge wine menu here & half size pasta portions, which I recommend. Tiramisu nothing to write home about. Don't plan to go back unless staying at the Swalphin.

From your post, it sounds like you we expecting a very American Italian-style restaurant.
Maybe someplace like Trattoria Al Forno might have been a better fit.
The good news is there are lots of options at WDW.

From your post, it sounds like you we expecting a very American Italian-style restaurant.
Maybe someplace like Trattoria Al Forno might have been a better fit.
The good news is there are lots of options at WDW.

I've been looking at Terralina too. I didn't know you couldn't get spaghetti & chicken parm together on one plate until Il Mulino. And they didn't have a 'we can make that happen for you...our favorite customer' response.

I've been looking at Terralina too. I didn't know you couldn't get spaghetti & chicken parm together on one plate until Il Mulino. And they didn't have a 'we can make that happen for you...our favorite customer' response.

American Italian-style restaurants often serve pasta and meat at the same time on one plate. In authentic Italian restaurants (and in most places I've eaten in Italy) they don't combine the courses. There is a separate pasta and meat course.

It's just a difference in style and tradition. In the big picture, of course, there is no right or wrong.

American Italian-style restaurants often serve pasta and meat at the same time on one plate. In authentic Italian restaurants (and in most places I've eaten in Italy) they don't combine the courses. There is a separate pasta and meat course.

It's just a difference in style and tradition. In the big picture, of course, there is no right or wrong.

On some of the other menus I've perused I can at least see where you can order a side of spaghetti & pair it up however you'd like. Il Mulino was more 'we have one protein/pasta dish, hope you like it.' Again, I don't plan to go back. I'll just try the others.

Now I think we are going to do Via Napoli for dinner on our Epcot day. My 4 year old daugther loves raviolis and pizza and Via has both. Plus, my wife and I ate at Via Napoli in 2013 and liked it

Il Mulino is good. But it isn't a salad/soup, pasta/pizza, tiramisu type of place. I love places like that, but here it is a lot of protein or fish dishes with some fun appetizers. This restaurant is not about everything is pasta. Its expensive.

Personally, I usually go with the Carpaccio(raw beef appetizer). Then I get a Caesar Salad. My entreé is usually the Grouper.

My favorite thing about this place is the starch is not forced into every dish. Im on Keto(down 171 pounds in 9 months!!!) and I love that I can get Itailian food without pasta or dough.

Plus, this place takes TIW. So i love that too.

Anyway, every pasta dish on the menu can be ordered in a half size or you can combine 2 half pastas that are different onto one plate(according to our server, my mom proceeded to do this).

if the kids want pasta, just get a half order of any of the pastas on the adult menu. The one type of stuffed pasta they have is a Tortellini in a cream sauce. It is very good.

None. I am Italian and its rare I use red sauce on my food. At Disney, this is basically all you get unless its a seafood dish and Im not a fan of seafood either. I wish one restaurant would offer Saltinbocca, Piccata, Marsala, Scaloppine, Braciole etc.... instead of Americanized Italian with red sauce.

On another note...I dont typically go to Italian restaurants at Disney because I can find one on every corner here at home. I go to places I cant find at home...Germany, Norway, Spirit of Aloha, Kona, character meals, M. Paul etc.. Going to Le Cellier this time around for the chateaubriand, which is very difficult to find around me unless I drive into Boston.

But if I were to choose one, it would be Via Napoli...for the pizza only :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter