Favorite Costco deals and products?

Their sheet cakes are delicious and a really good deal.

I've never ordered the chocolate flavor, but the vanilla has this amazing lemony mousse filling. The cake is moist and the frosting yummy.

I've also had old 8 MM tapes converted to DVD at Costco for a very reasonable price.

The items I buy regularly at Costco are:

Hummus
Aidell's Chicken & Apple Sausage
Strawberries (4lbs, always perfectly ripe and flavorful)
Grape Tomatoes
Romaine Lettuce (6 heads in the package for less than $4)
Organic Baby Spinach (in the clear box)
Bananas (49 cents per pound I think)
Half-and-Half (Darigold)
Outdoor Rolls (3 Separate packages per bag, they are like hoagies, about $3.49 or so)
Hamburger Buns w/ Sesame Seeds ($3.79 or so for huuuuge package)
Minced Garlic
Basil, Oregano, Sea Salt, Pepper, etc.
Pita Chips
Organic Tortilla Chips
Craisins (amazing price)
Kirkland Toilet Paper (it is low quality but inexpensive)
Kirkland Paper Towels (good quality)
Clorox Disinfecting Wipes

...I think that is about it. I don't buy these items constantly but rotate some items. I do buy a lot of the strawberries, though!

I have heard their meat is excellent but I haven't tried it.

We love Costco and buy almost everything there. No rip offs and if you aren't happy with a product, they have a no questions asked return policy!

So far we have been happy with every Kirkland product we have tried.
Paper towels
TP
Laundry detergent
Their meat dept. is fabulous.
Bakery goods--their cakes and cupcakes are yummy and price is nice
Cameron Hughes wines
Sea salt and pepper grinders

can't beat the prices on fresh fruits and veggies. We regularly buy
Organic spinach
Baby romaine heads
Portobello mushrooms
Strawberries
Baby peppers
Pineapples

Love the coupon book they mail out every month.

We also use their photo printing a lot. Very cheap and free shipping. I send pictures to family using their online service.

I should have mentioned this too. I am an amateur photographer and get enlargements and prints made a fair amount. I have taken a few photography classes at a local college and even the teachers there remarked on the print quality.

We use ours for half and half. We go through a LOT of half and half. And dog food. But a lot of other things end up in our cart. Stay away from the Macadamia Clusters and Salted Caramels, though - I have an extra ten pounds from those darn things.

We find their produce is too big for us unless we are sharing with someone.

We love Costco and buy almost everything there. No rip offs and if you aren't happy with a product, they have a no questions asked return policy!

So far we have been happy with every Kirkland product we have tried.
Paper towels
TP
Laundry detergent
Their meat dept. is fabulous.
Bakery goods--their cakes and cupcakes are yummy and price is nice
Cameron Hughes wines
Sea salt and pepper grinders

can't beat the prices on fresh fruits and veggies. We regularly buy
Organic spinach
Baby romaine heads
Portobello mushrooms
Strawberries
Baby peppers
Pineapples

Love the coupon book they mail out every month.

Yes! I forgot about the "baby Bella" mushrooms, I buy one package of those every 2 weeks!

If you are a Costco member and do not have insurance, you can fill out a card and get a further discount on prescriptions.

Note that Costco also will allow you to sign up your pet and get discounted medicine for your pet (provided they carry it)

Costco customer service ROCKS! The products are top notch, even their own Kirkland brand (and I hate store brands!)

Anything Kirkland, love their varieties of specialty cheeses. I always buy the Tilamook cheddar slices. They are thick, cheddary, and make great grilled cheese. Baked goods from their bakery, esp. their cakes and cupcakes. I also love their flan but it's a huge portion, pre-made salads and entrees, pizza. TP, coffee, although the Manatee brand I like is now over $20 for a regular bag of beans. Not gonna happen. Milk and organic produce, esp the beefsteak tomatoes, clothes, and books.

The food's great but we've also bought a lot of household items from costco (and costco.com) like a foodsaver, portable hard drive, mattresses, a rug for my living room and sonicare toothbrushes. After a lot of price comparing I think we're going back this weekend to buy a new TV.
Has anyone tried their printer cartridge refill service?

The food's great but we've also bought a lot of household items from costco (and costco.com) like a foodsaver, portable hard drive, mattresses, a rug for my living room and sonicare toothbrushes. After a lot of price comparing I think we're going back this weekend to buy a new TV.
Has anyone tried their printer cartridge refill service?

I have used their cartridge refill service. It is a great price I think. It seems to work just fine but most printers don't recognize that they have been refilled so it always says empty. My printer is pretty basic so it doesn't even tell me that. LOL

The HUGE 53" Teddy Bear that is only 29.99! Got one for my future grandson's baby shower. I am going to have him hold a basket filled with gifts ....yes he is THAT Big! Takes up almost a whole twin bed in my guest room!

Since moving from NJ to SC I purchase a lot more at Costco. I only buy my meat from Costco.

$50 for a stainless steel trash can that used regular kitchen trash bags and came with a mini one

I had a stainless steel trash can that broke, got it at Costco about 5 years ago. They didn't have anymore but I kept waiting to see if they would get them in. Everywhere else wanted about $70 or more.

This past Thursday they had a bunch of them $47 with the small can.

I have purchased a living room run, sheets, and I love the bath towels, they are $6.99 and are big & fluffy. They just had a coupon for $2 off and I purchased a bunch of them.

I don't think I have ever purchased food that I didn't like.

The HUGE 53" Teddy Bear that is only 29.99! Got one for my future grandson's baby shower. I am going to have him hold a basket filled with gifts ....yes he is THAT Big! Takes up almost a whole twin bed in my guest room!

I have seen that bear at there! I thought to myself "Who their right minds would ever want a stuffed animal that size?" :rotfl2:

My mom and I bought 2 of those for my niece and nephew! My sister was mad at us because they were so huge and she didn't have anywhere to put two of them!!! We still get a laugh out of that.

In addition to all the normal deals at Costco, they also give gift cards for DCL cruises.

This coming June, 2013 we will have close to 2K Costco gift cards from a family cruise!!

I just became a Costco member this year :). I now buy Kirkland paper towels, TP, shampoo & marinara spaghetti sauce. I occasionally buy berries and vegetables depending on the price and I found those prices to be better (compared to other stores) in the winter/spring than now. I buy olive oil and coffee there whenever mine runs out. I buy Fage Greek Yogurt each and every trip. I buy shrimp on the weekends when they unbundle specific seafood items and sell them by the pound. I buy organic chicken breasts and freeze the ones I don't use right away in the little individual packages they are already packed in. I buy steaks, but not often. There are only 2 meat eaters in our house and I would rather pay more for fresh steaks than to freeze and thaw half of the steaks at a later time.

Back in May they had a Heys 3 piece luggage set (Crown V) on line for $159 that I purchased.

It was a spinner and included the 30" 26" and 21."

It was an amazing price for the set.

One thing that drives me nuts about Costco is they can sell a certain product for years and then discontinue it without notice.

I love their Kirkland brand French milled soaps and I just bought their Kirkland Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil which I like because sometimes EVOO can be too strong for my taste.

Not all Costcos carry the same products.

You will find on Black Friday they have excellent deals on TVs. I could kick myself for not buying the Samsung 55" when I could have. They had it for $1,000 cheaper than any other store but I didn't have my SUV and had to go home to change cars. They were all gone by the time I went back.

About the biggest piece of advice I can give--if you see something you want there--buy it. You can always return it and chances are it will not be there when you return.

The chocolate dipped almond covered ice cream bar for $1.50 is delicious.

I love Costco.

Outstanding value and service for your money.

Back in May they had a Heys 3 piece luggage set (Crown V) on line for $159 that I purchased.

It was a spinner and included the 30" 26" and 21."

It was an amazing price for the set.

One thing that drives me nuts about Costco is they can sell a certain product for years and then discontinue it without notice.

I love their Kirkland brand French milled soaps and I just bought their Kirkland Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil which I like because sometimes EVOO can be too strong for my taste.

Not all Costcos carry the same products.

You will find on Black Friday they have excellent deals on TVs. I could kick myself for not buying the Samsung 55" when I could have. They had it for $1,000 cheaper than any other store but I didn't have my SUV and had to go home to change cars. They were all gone by the time I went back.

About the biggest piece of advice I can give--if you see something you want there--buy it. You can always return it and chances are it will not be there when you return.

The chocolate dipped almond covered ice cream bar for $1.50 is delicious.

I love Costco.

Outstanding value and service for your money.

I also love the Organic olive oil!

Yes on the red above! Often I will buy something and want another for myself or a gift and go back within a week and it's still gone. This happened when I bought new silverware and I wanted a second set and then just last week when I bought some dessert bowls. I went back to get another set a few days later and they were gone:(

:love: Costco:love: We just bought a blueray player $20 off this month.The $5 chicken we get every week(great for quick dinner and then making chicken salad!)We bought a dyson four years ago and a part broke,we where shocked that they took it back and refunded all our money!!!!!!We bought our master bedroom set there also.As others have said the costumer service is amazing and so I will buy a variety of things and know if I'm not happy they will take it back:thumbsup2 Also some great deals on toys during the holidays and restaurant certificates( 2-$50 certificates for $80) OK I'm going to stop now because I can go on and on:lmao:Try the frozen yogurt $1.35 for a big cup:)

My mom and I bought 2 of those for my niece and nephew! My sister was mad at us because they were so huge and she didn't have anywhere to put two of them!!! We still get a laugh out of that.

EXACTLY! There is more than one way to skin a cat or a child who was torturous as a teenager! It is well worth 29.99 and the laugh will be priceless!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter