Favorite entrees at Cindy's????

pennyplanner

DIS Veteran
We are considering dinner at Cindy's.

Are dinner reservations hard to get for dinner. a non-character meal?

What are your favorite choices for dinner?

Entrees seem pricey but does the castle atmosphere enhance your dining experience?

Can you tell I really want to dine there with my predominantly male family???

Thanks,
penny

I love Cindy's for non-character meals (and like you, I have a predominantly male family-only female here!). Let me tell you my history of getting ressies though-first 2 times, no problem-once I made same day ressies! But this last time, I called at 59 days out, more because I was anxious than feel the need. Well, no ressies available at any "good" times. So I waited until the next morning and booked at 60 days for a better time a different day. I commented to CM about how ressies seem to be getting so difficult there at non-character times. She definitely agreed and said it was because a lot of people who can't get Cindy's breakfast are now just going ahead and booking another meal there.
Don't have a favorite meal, except that I like the "root smash" for a vegetable and the Prime Rib is always a good choice when I go.

I don't know if they serve it at dinner too, or just lunch, but my absolute favorite dish is Major Domo's Favorite Pie.It's a flaky pastry crust filled with mashed pot. and slices of beef with gravy, topped with roasted veggies.
We also really like the artichoke and spinich dip.:D

If you can't get the time you want for a PS for dinner, walk up instead. I tried to call a few days before for my son's birthday, and they had nothing available. We walked up right when they opened for dinner and got in right away. So, don't let it discourage you if you can't get a PS.
I love the prime rib, it is one of the best I have had. Also, the beef barley soup is really good, if that is there soup of the day- it has always been every time I have dined here.

My husband loves the Grande Duke and I love the Kingdome Feast. This is our must do meal for every trip. Just the other night we were discussing what to have for supper and my husband said "Why don't we just jump in the car and go to the castle for supper?". Yeah, right! That's how much he loves eating there!

These menu items seem to be mostly the same when the restaurant was King Stefan's Banquet Hall. So is the place just more popular now that it's called Cinderella's Royal Table or what?

The Barley soup was good. We enjoyed our lunch there (about 10 years ago), but reqally the only reason to go is beacuse you're eating in the castle.

:cool:

I think the food is much better than it was 10 years ago. Don't remember when it improved exactly...maybe 5-7 years ago, but it was long before the name change. The beef barley soup has been the soup of the day for as long as I can remember and we've probably dined there 30 ttimes or so over the last 22 years.

I try to call at 60 days out, but our June trip was planned about a month out and I had no trouble getting the lunch time I wanted. However when I needed to change it at first I couldn't get the time I wanted...called back while at WDW and got it. I have also had good luck walking up to the podium another time when I wanted to make a change. I wonder if the various concierge desks hold some for people who want to eat at the castle and then release them as the day approaches?

Thanks for all the candid reviews!

I will be sure to make our PS for dinner at 60 days out. We are planning on eating early so I am hoping we won't have a problem getting a spot.

Some of the fish entrees from the 9/01 menu look tempting. I was hoping that someone had tried something other than red meat as we try not to eat much of it. I can't help but be leary of seafood at a restaurant I don't know.

It sounds as if the restaurant has improved. I am hoping for a nice dinner at MK.

--penny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter