Favorite "Lost Ride"

5. Pre-Ellen Universe of Energy
4. Mister Toad's Wild Ride
3. Alien Encounter
2. Horizons
1. 20K Leagues Under the Sea

Definitely Journey Into Imagination. Really blew it when they deleted Figment and Dreamfinder. They really dummied down that successful unique ride.
But I also loved World of Motion and Horizons.
They could have been updated and still been relevant in today's world.
:confused3

1)Horizons

2)If you had Wings - I believe it was one of the free rides when i was very little so we rode it A LOT and then when tickets were gone it NEVER had a line - it was a family favorite.........I watched it on youtube recently:)

3)The Kodak " True Colors" preshow in the Imagination pavilion. Found this on youtube also!

4) I know this is not a ride BUT - the original Orange Swirl at the Sunshine Tree Terrace - the new one is just not the same - but I always get it anyways!

Can't remember what they were called or if it's considered a ride, but there were these canoes with outriggers that you paddled. The CM would give orders and have you do chants and yell things to other canoes. Some of the CM's were very funny! I'm going to say they were in Adventure Land during the 1980's. Thats when we rode them, anyhow. They were on the water near the splash mountain area if I remember correctly.

1. Spaceship earth with Jeremy Irons narrating
2. 20,000 leagues
3. Tapestry of dreams/nations parade

Definitely the original Journey Into Imagination! My DH never saw it and I know he would have loved it with the Dreamfinder!! Part of me wonders if it's still back there - the finale looks like part of the original ride... WHY did they do this to Figment?!?! What do senses have to do with Imagination?! Ok, I'm done... Also miss Skyway, Horizons, Universe or Energy (pre-Ellen) and the "Tomorrow's Child" song in Spaceship Earth.

Some of these are Disneyland, others are Disney World:

Horizons
Inner Space
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Submarine Voyage
Skyway
Mission to Mars
The Canoes
Keel Boats

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea - I remember riding this at both the Magic Kingdom and at Disneyland.

Also, the old Back Lot Tour. I dislike the Motors, Lights, Action show and am very sad at the very shortened version of the back lot tour. They might as well do away with it.

Since the USF door has been opened (intentionally or not), let's add Back to the Future, Hercules and Xena show, and King Kong!

I loved Back to the Future!!!

Disney - I miss Horizons, Alien Encounter, Mr Toad (just got my fix at DL though! ) and Spaceship Earth before this last hideous makeover.

I'm sure I'll think of more...

Definitely the original Journey Into Imagination! My DH never saw it and I know he would have loved it with the Dreamfinder!! Part of me wonders if it's still back there - the finale looks like part of the original ride....

Part of it is still there, but at least half of the original track was gutted. There was a video on youtube which displayed this. Not sure if I can find it again, but I remember it had something about the tunnel you walk through now was the first tunnel you rode through so I think where you load now was the turnabout where you first met Dreamfinder in his airballoon?

My tops; I think only one hasn't been previously mentioned....

1. Journey into Imagination with Dreamfinder & Figment (and the full Imageworks)
2. Mickey and Minnie's Houses at Duckburg/Toontown Fair, plus the shows they used to have with the Disney Afternoon crowd
3. Cranium Command and the rest of the Body Pavillion
4. Jeremy Irons narrating Spaceship Earth

count me in for Mr. toad's, the original imagination, and the kitchen cabaret! (veggie, veggie, fruit, fruit!)

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter