old test track
old journey into imagination
river country
old spaceship earth
the living seas
Monsanto circlevision 360
mr toad

20.000 Leagues for me.

I don't know yet how I feel about the Snow White decision. That was an odd ride really, it was too scary for the small children who should have enjoyed it

One of my earliest memories is of that ride, specifically the witch. My 4 year old self bawled my eyes out. My parents took me on Dumbo to calm me down. But I was a sensitive kid who had a lot of nightmares and found things scary. Now that I'm a mom with a sensitive kiddo, sometimes I think my parents were a little clueless. It says scary in the title - what did you think was going to happen? :sad2: And they later took me on HM and ... surprise! I cried on that one too. :teeth:

I was in kindergarten when I first started visiting Disney in the late 80s. I remember being mesmerized by 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I loved Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I don't remember Horizons at all, or the differences between the new and old Figment rides. River Country was another childhood favorite. One thing I don't miss is Body Wars... it made me nauseous every time I rode it. Recently I went to Disneyland for the first time and I was so excited to be reunited with Mr. Toad and their newer version of the submarine ride, which has the Nemo characters. Both brought back fond memories.

Another Zombie thread has arisen (from 2013)

And...I miss the Main Street Electric Parade, I know not technically a ride but the music gets stuck in your head just like "it's a Small World" :D

Mr toads and horizons the skyway was fun also but 20,000 leagues was the worste can't believe so many people miss that ride.

Another Zombie thread has arisen (from 2013)

And...I miss the Main Street Electric Parade, I know not technically a ride but the music gets stuck in your head just like "it's a Small World" :D

My zombie thread! It's been brought back to life! Although my answers have not changed in the past 4 years. :-)
I would add to it (since no one has yet) the original tiki room. It's been MOSTLY brought back, but not entirely.
I also miss Horizons (I liked that part where you got to choose what you would explore).
The old world of motion (don't get me wrong - I love test track).
Captain EO (I did take the opportunity to see it when they brought i back for a limited time).

as a side note - I have to admit, I really, really love that they put a gravestone in the haunted mansion for Mr Toad. That's the kind of detail that only Disney imagineers would think of, but it really hit a heart string with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter